[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Dear kszaq

First thank you for your amazing work porting LibreElec to other Amlogic devices ! :thumbup:

I'd like to report a strange reboot issue on the latest builds :

I'm currently running 8.2.2.3 on a S905 box ( gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port.dtb ).

From the ssh, the "reboot" or "shutdown -r" commands no longer work. Instead it shutdown the device ! :huh:
    Now the only way to perform a reboot is "systemctl reboot" which still works fine.
    BTW This bug also affects the rebootfromnand command, which now shutdown the device too. ;(

These commands were working perfectly fine on previous versions!

As I've made near each of your updates, I don't remember exactly when this has started to happen, sometimes between July and November 2017. So this happened after 8.0.x, which used to work correctly

Are you (or anyone else) aware of this ?

A clue?

Any simple fix I could try ?

Best regards

Edited 2 times, last by wxop (February 13, 2018 at 7:01 PM).

• I am using version 8.2.3.1 at an s905w box. My problem is that when I am trying to reboot from internal with both ways (putty and shutdown button from kodi), the machine reboots at Libreelec. Any known reasons why?

From putty I get this

Cannot parse config file '/etc/fw_env.config': Invalid argument

Error: environment not initialized

• StEwe Most probably your box has an unsupported/undetected NAND/eMMC chip and the script cannot write to u-boot env.

You can try using device trees with nand or slowmmc suffix and see if it helps.

• How do you install this to a emmc moduel on a S905X single board (LePotato). I bought the board, and got a board and a emmc which has Android on it. Is there way of writing directly to the emmc?

• How do you install this to a emmc moduel on a S905X single board (LePotato). I bought the board, and got a board and a emmc which has Android on it. Is there way of writing directly to the emmc?

Booting from eMMC for LePotato is not supported.

• StEwe Most probably your box has an unsupported/undetected NAND/eMMC chip and the script cannot write to u-boot env.

You can try using device trees with nand or slowmmc suffix and see if it helps.

I tried both nand and slowmmc, but both rebooted from SD. I suppose that there is no way to bot from internal, right? Any chance to create something for the s905w devices?

• How command you use to boot from internal ??? My internal is Android . Do you mean boot to internal?

I use only to internal and make it from Estuary skin menu Reboot to internal.

kszaq Super work , but when you on first page write Discontinued , good way is place too link to next ACTIVE...

Im now stay on 8.2.1.1 , what is best on 8.2.3.1 , what is more stable?

• Hello guys,

since 8.2.2.2 version I lost 5ghz wireless connectivity on my nexbox a95x box; reverting to 8.2.2.1 makes it work again; can anyone help please?

Thank you very much

Ale

Edited once, last by alexl83 (February 14, 2018 at 7:18 PM).

• I tried both nand and slowmmc, but both rebooted from SD. I suppose that there is no way to bot from internal, right? Any chance to create something for the s905w devices?

As I said before, if your NAND chip is unsupported there is no way to add support (because driver is closed source) and to boot from internal. You have to remove SD card with LE to boot to Android.

kszaq Super work , but when you on first page write Discontinued , good way is place too link to next ACTIVE...

Im now stay on 8.2.1.1 , what is best on 8.2.3.1 , what is more stable?

And what is active? There will be no further builds from me. With help from GDPR-2 my work was ported to LE master branch and any development will continue here. But it will be some time before a stable version arrives. Simply use 8.2.3.1.

Hello guys,

since 8.2.2.2 version I lost 5ghz wireless connectivity on my nexbox a95x box; reverting to 8.2.2.1 makes it work again; can anyone help please?

Simply use 8.2.2.1, there's no much difference between the versions.

• And what is active? There will be no further builds from me. With help from GDPR-2 my work was ported to LE master branch and any development will continue here. But it will be some time before a stable version arrives. Simply use 8.2.3.1.

Sorry, I did not understand this correctly, I guess. Where exactly can I find newer builds then for the S905, if not here in this forum?

• 8.2.3.1 is stable and last version with kodi v17.6 krypton

unstable pre alpha version with kodi v18 leia [8.90.4] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

So what didn´t You understand ?

As I mentioned earlier, this is what I did not understand: "... my work was ported to LE master branch and any development will continue here ..."

That sounded like no more upcoming versions/threads/links in this forum, but somewhere else on the website and that is why I asked (in a polite way).