[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Ok, my TV uses the same profile for HD/UHD, but has it's one profile for HDR.

So when the settinhg are right for HD, then UHD(none HDR) is wrong.

Did som testings whith a Spyder5(screen calibaration) and if calibarate my tv(useing calibaration vidio's played from kodi)

in 2160p, than the whitebalance and colors are perfect bothe for HD and UHD when played in 2160p.

If I calibarete it in 1080p, then UHD is way off.

So I State my claim, 2160p is the way tho go:)

• 2re

In one word: What?

Most of what you said makes no sense. 2160P and 1080P are resolutions. "UHD" usually refers to 2160P or 4K resolution.

Either way, I have yet to test this with a meter, but it looks like with the latest builds 10 bit is now automatically enabled when you play a HDR10 video. Thus, there's no need to set 444 10 bit anymore.

• I found a solution for those who want to use hyperion-addon on this build. You must reduce the polling frequency of aml-grabber to 10 Hz. This is enough for normal operation.

Hi Vigilant, thanks for posting this, I am trying to get it working on my box, but struggling with configuration. Where did you get info about "amlgrabber" it a mystery for me, didn't know it existed?=O

• Hi Vigilant, thanks for posting this, I am trying to get it working on my box, but struggling with configuration. Where did you get info about "amlgrabber" it a mystery for me, didn't know it existed?=O

Amlgrabber present in Hyperion-addon from Libreelec repo. It's different than version from official site and need to use special configurator Hypercon-LE.jar

• 2re

In one word: What?

Most of what you said makes no sense. 2160P and 1080P are resolutions. "UHD" usually refers to 2160P or 4K resolution.

Either way, I have yet to test this with a meter, but it looks like with the latest builds 10 bit is now automatically enabled when you play a HDR10 video. Thus, there's no need to set 444 10 bit anymore.

After some more testings..., It could have something to do with the way my TV handles HD & UHD regarding colorspace. Calibrating my TV in 1080p than setting are all wrong playing UHD(non hdr) content, but if i calibarate it in 2160p and set GUI to 2160p than colors are perfect for both HD(upscaled to UHD) and UHD(non hdr) content. When sett to UHD, my TV info reports UHD Color!?!?! So i thing this is why there is a differens. But what Samsung means with UHD color, I don't know;)

ps. In simple terms; The problem is i can't calibrate my TV for both HD and UHD, but my TV handle's HD & UHD diferently:)

• 2re

HD and UHD are resolutions. So are 2160P (aka 4K) and 1080P.

I assume that when Kodi GUI is at 4K you get BT.2020 label on the HDMI input info, but in 1080P you don't?

I suggest you remove the 444 10bit entry from autostart.sh and see if that fixes it.

SDR should look the same, regardless of content or GUI resolution. There is no benefit forcing 10 bit out of the box for SDR content.

• 2re

I assume that when Kodi GUI is at 4K you get BT.2020 label on the HDMI input info, but in 1080P you don't?

I suggest you remove the 444 10bit entry from autostart.sh and see if that fixes it.

SDR should look the same, regardless of content or GUI resolution. There is no benefit forcing 10 bit out of the box for SDR content.

That may be, but autoswitch to 10bit don't work:(

• 2re

How do you know? With LE 8.2.2.2 I see no difference in color between the box and the TV's built in player for HDR content. With LE 8.2.1.1 there was a significant difference between 10 bit and 8 bit output from the box.

This means that 10 bit works just fine now. Make sure that you're running the latest LE 8.2.2.3 build.

• 2re

Let me try to clarify...:)

If I set my GUI to 1080p, and uses a 1080p calibaration-video to calibarate my TV, than 1080p video's are perfect... But videos at 2160p (none HDR) are not.

If I set my GUI to 20160p, and uses a 1080p(read playback in 2160p)-calibaration video to calibarate my TV, than 1080p video's are perfect and 2160p video's are perfect.

Now this could have something to do with that i'm using 10bit and the way Samsung handle's the signal, but since My TV handles 1080p 10bit different from 2160p 10bit... Well.....;) But i'l do some test to see if the source is the 8/10bit. But as long as there is no auto-switch to 10bit, than.....:)

• 2re

How do you know? With LE 8.2.2.2 I see no difference in color between the box and the TV's built in player for HDR content. With LE 8.2.1.1 there was a significant difference between 10 bit and 8 bit output from the box.

This means that 10 bit works just fine now. Make sure that you're running the latest LE 8.2.2.3 build.

I'm running the latest build, and if i don't set 444.10bit, my AVR/TV reports 444 8bit;)