[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Reading that it seems to work on your LE images (i'll test that later), could you tell me if it's enabled by LE specific patches (dts, kernel, kodi, alsa config ?) or should it work on any stock bsp kernel ?

I can only tell that you need to have a proper dtb configuration (like here: arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic: modify audio_pin1 and usb parameters for… · kszaq/linux-amlogic-le@15d3c8e · GitHub) and a working audio driver. I'm not sure whether SPDIF works with mainline kernel.

Would you please compile the latest version of Tvheadend? It has lots of improvments for IPTV networks.

I may look into updating TVHeadend to 4.2.5. If you are asking about TVH 4.3 I don't think I want to push a development version to virtually all TVHeadend users on my builds.

• There is a problem with Wifi connection in last version with Beelink Mini M8S II with 2GB/8GB.

After some time there is error: Network is unreachable.

And from now on I can't connect again to Wifi.

Can this be fixed?

I tested with new image and there is same problem, last working image is with number: 8.1.8

More about issue:

I connect to Wifi, next I try to play some movie from my NAS.

after 5-10 minutes network is auto dissconected and from now on I can't connect it again.

I need to turn off Wifi and turn on it again to connect.

Is this possible to fix or I just need to use older builds?

• [READ FIRST] Reporting bugs

Open Your own thread - maybe the developer can help

• I can only tell that you need to have a proper dtb configuration (like here: arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic: modify audio_pin1 and usb parameters for… · kszaq/linux-amlogic-le@15d3c8e · GitHub) and a working audio driver. I'm not sure whether SPDIF works with mainline kernel.

okay so more of a dts problem, good.

by "working audio driver" you mean the correct kernel config (assuming the sources are also there), right ?

# Audio Interface

#

CONFIG_AMAUDIO=y

# Amlogic Audio Interface V2

#

# CONFIG_AMAUDIO2 is not set <- what's that one ?

• A ZIP file of 4.3 would be great! I remember afl1 making TVH ZIPs every week, but he's now concentrated upon 8.90.9

4.3 (client) is for Leia builds only (thanks Nofan Tasi); not sure which 4.3 is compatible up to Krypton but I ran into this problem earlier a couple weeks ago building aarch64 of kszaq's build. I am running the 4.3 server which works fine even with the older client. The big improvements are more server-side than client-side (for the most part.)

• Hello

I have tried a 4K HDR H265 sample (LG: Dolby Vision UHD 4K Demo | 4K Media)

The output is perfect, VPR detects YUV 12 bit with HDR metadata and the colours are correct, meaning that everything is ok.

kszaq do you think that something can be done to fix 3D playback with video output set to 4K? Also, I have a curiosity here: the tvheadend server (not frontend plugin) is 64 bit right? Because the mainline linux_media lack of compat_ioctl so it cannot work with 32bit userland on 64 bit kernel

• kszaq do you think that something can be done to fix 3D playback with video output set to 4K?

No idea, sorry. :(

Also, I have a curiosity here: the tvheadend server (not frontend plugin) is 64 bit right? Because the mainline linux_media lack of compat_ioctl so it cannot work with 32bit userland on 64 bit kernel

No, every userspace app is 32-bit. We added compat ioctls for DVB to our kernel. And since starting to use 32-bit userspace with 64-bit kernel compats have been the biggest PITA - we still are not sure if it works correctly now.

• kszaq, in the linux_media there is a guy who was attempting to implement it, I wanted to implement it by myself, but I have so few time now (full time job and two twins...)

I see that Mauro Carvalho approved the patch series, but I see that they have implemented COMPAT specific ioctl, which puzzle me (because it would require the user space app to understand that the kernel is 64bit and call it...)

Can you point me to the compat ioctl patch you have implemented in your kernel tree?

For the 3D: the issue is that when playing 3D movie, libreelec shall switch to 1080p

Bye

• I see that Mauro Carvalho approved the patch series, but I see that they have implemented COMPAT specific ioctl, which puzzle me (because it would require the user space app to understand that the kernel is 64bit and call it...)

Can you point me to the compat ioctl patch you have implemented in your kernel tree?

This is the patch we are using but as I said I cannot guarantee it's 100% correct:

[media] compat_ioctl: add compat handler for FE_GET(SET)_PROPERTY by Raybuntu · Pull Request #61 · LibreELEC/linux-amlogic · GitHub

Userspace app doesn't have to know that kernel is 64-bit: it's kernel that should translate 32-bit calls to 64-bit (that's what compat ioctls are for!) and respond in "32-bit way".

• That is the point!

But if you check the patchset they have proposed:

That is why I am confused....

• So I've been trying to read through this thread as I try to get this build working on a C2. The one thing I can't quite determine is if anyone has gotten the bluetooth (specifically Harmony remote) working? I saw a couple references to where it just keeps switching from Yes to No on the Connection screen. Is there a workaround to get the Harmony Elite remote working with C2 on this build? I moved a USB keyboard from my PC into the theater just to get it set up, and I'm loving the build otherwise.

• So I've been trying to read through this thread as I try to get this build working on a C2. The one thing I can't quite determine is if anyone has gotten the bluetooth (specifically Harmony remote) working?

I have my C2 working with a Cambridge v4.0 CSR BT USB dongle and a Xiaomi Mi Box remote. But that was only after adding specific Mi Box remote support to LibreELEC: eventlircd: fix Xiaomi BT remote support · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv@e2b4df7 · GitHub

I suspect a BT Harmony would need to have similar LE mapping mods applied - unless someone has a working example already.

There is a whole Kodi thread about adding such LE - BT remote support:

Connect Xiaomi Mi Box BT remotes to LibreELEC devices