[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Wanting to install libreelec on my new Minix U1 but I can't seem to find instructions on what settings to use in Rufus to burn the image to an sd card. I'm sure I've seen this somewhere a few weeks ago.

• can't seem to find instructions on what settings to use in Rufus to burn the image to an sd card. I'm sure I've seen this somewhere a few weeks ago.

I believe the procedure is the same as all of these type of programs (1.Select the device - 2.Select your source image - 3.Click Burn source image to device)

If you require more detailed, 'step-by-step' instructions on how to use Rufus, I'm sure a quick Google search or a 'How to use Rufus' thread will be more appropriate than kszaq's LibreElec software thread.

Read here and good luck with your search :thumbup:

• 1) You need to put down that Bottle you have been drinking from and pay attention !

2) Follow Section (d) LE - U1 install steps from HERE

Thanks wrxtasy

Bit early for me still but I will definitely have some nice red later.

The link in your post to the flashing software & image files is no longer valid but I found them and will try the flashing software once the reformat of my SD card completes. It seems my attempted burn with Rufus had issues!

• The link in your post to the flashing software & image files is no longer valid but I found them and will try the flashing software once the reformat of my SD card completes. It seems my attempted burn with Rufus had issues!

I have to say I really prefer using Win32DiskImager for setting up my LE bootable SD card. Though both shoudl do a good job I have had 100% first time success with Win32DiskImager but cannot say that usign Rufus but prepared to admit that may well be my finger trouble.

• Plug in the IR extender cable and try that. Change remote batteries....

But the ultimate solution is to buy a Wireless remote like the MINIX A2 Lite or a Mele F10 Deluxe.

The Hub's IR remote is the worst IR hardware I ever used on any AMLogic box period.

• The default dtb contains the following dtbs: gxb_p200_1g, gxb_p200_2g, gxl_p212_1g, gxl_p212_2g, gxl_p230_2g

Is that five DTB configurations in one file and the correct configuration is chosen depending on the box configuration?

Do you know what is in the default S912 DTB file?

I tried to open a DTB file but did not have the appropriate app, what is the best app to use?

• Is that five DTB configurations in one file and the correct configuration is chosen depending on the box configuration?

Do you know what is in the default S912 DTB file?

I tried to open a DTB file but did not have the appropriate app, what is the best app to use?

Yes.
    Yes.

Any text editor/viewer.

• Yes.
    Yes.

Any text editor/viewer.

Thanks for response, I had tried notepad++, what was displayed was not very readable see small extract below, which is why I thought there must be something better.

þí žÖ 8 ‘ (

Â Ü Amlogic gxl_p212_2g amlogic, Gxbb 0 ? mali@d00c0000 K

arm,mali-450 P Z РȃÀ È ÈƒÀ ÁD@ x ^ ¡ ¢ £ ¤ ¥ ¦ § ¨ © O iIRQGP IRQGPMMU IRQPP IRQPMU IRQPP0 IRQPPMMU0 IRQPP1 IRQPPMMU1 IRQPP2 IRQPPMMU2 0 y ‹ ÿÿ œ ¦ ® µ @ ¹ O Àfclk_div3 fclk_div4 fclk_div5 fclk_div7 gp0_pll clk_mali clk_mali_0 clk_mali_1 Ì È Ý r ã r clk125_cfg ësY@

ôfclk_div4 ÿÍe ~ ú Ý ã clk250_cfg ëæ²€

ôfclk_div4