[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• 8.2.0.1 scheduled for upload. I will update the changelog later today. Please update your device trees with this release as it would allow the new feature - automatic device tree update - to work for the future builds.

But, ksaq, says there are new device trees, I think I'll wait

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro, X96+, Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS414 Plex Pass

:)

• All 8.2 device trees have been updated with "le-dt-id" field to allow to identify them for the device tree auto-update feature. You can safely use an "old" 8.1.x device tree with 8.2.0.1 build.

• 8.2.0.1 (small) changelog is now in OP.

About automatic device tree update:

When upgrading to 8.2.0.1 or later you no longer have to provide a device tree for an update, it will be updated automatically. The only condition is that you have to be using a device tree from 2017-10-28 or later. You can check it by running this command: cat /proc/device-tree/le-dt-id. If this command gives you device tree name, you have all that is needed for an automatic update.

• Working very well here, thanks again for the great work! 8)

Minix Neo U1, S905 chipset, 2GB/16GB, Dual Boot Libreelec / Android 5.1 lollipop, Samsung UHS-1 32GB Micro SDHC Memory card

• I'm sorry I'm new here. The first page of this thread doesn't have any tutorials on how to install LibreELEC to the internal memory, how do I install it to my internal memory ?

• with the sd card plugged in, ssh in, installtointernal some devices you need to do it twice.

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro, X96+, Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS414 Plex Pass

:)

• DVBViewer Buffing on Kodi 17.5

Dear @kzsaq, have you resolved this issue and would you be able to integrate this into your software as much as possible?

No, I have not. afl1 has some improvements but they are not public yet.

• kszaq On a reboot or power on , I sometimes or most of the time i get an error no free adapter available when i try to play a tv channel for my usb tuner. It has been doing this for a while and not due to this update.

Simply unplugging the tuner from usb and plugging it back in solves it.

Not sure why. Error from dmesg

TX7 See Signature.

dvb-usb: Sony PlayTV error while loading driver (-12)

############################################## # LibreELEC - Pastebin.com

• i have an mxq pro booting libreelec from internal

does libreelec write the dtb to the dtb partition or is it just stored on the system partition?

e.g. how do i update to todays dtb

i think i used gxbb p200 1gb mxq pro 4k.dtb

should i use gxbb p201 1gb.dtb?

ro.product.model=MXQ Pro

ro.product.brand=Android

ro.product.name=p201

ro.product.device=p201

ro.product.board=p201

PCB

MXQ-S905-D16

Ver:1.0 Date:151021

WIFI RTL 8189ETV