[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Would this have a fix for my issue ?? I can open a new thread if needed.

It should fix it, I looked at what channels were available in builds pre-8.2.2.1 and they are back in 8.2.2.2

"make image" generates a img.gz file and a tar file. I need a amlogic zip update package (.zip), is this possible with 8.X ?

Sorry, not possible with my 8.x branches. I removed it as it wasn't possible to create a universal installer for all devices.

• 8.2.2.2 Fixed 5GHZ on my TX7 :)

I noticed on my box, I had to do a full shutdown -> power pull -> power re-plug -> power on, before it would see my 5GHz SSID's again. Might be helpful to others.

Scratch that. With the changes to the Broadcom driver, WiFi intermittently connects. Have my box pointed at a 5GHz only SSID. No such issue on 8.2.1.1.

Box boots with no connection, change no settings, reboot, has WiFi connection again. Not the worst thing to deal with (if the clock doesn't update, reboot), thought it worth mentioning though.

Edited 2 times, last by ky41083 (December 29, 2017 at 1:00 AM).

• Hi kszaq

On my boxes automatic updates are "half working" : new .tar file is downloaded in the .update directory, but I don't get any notification.

I've installed 8.2.1.2 from scratch, with the default settings. Could it be related to the skin I'm using (Arctic Zephyr) ?

• I've never seen a notification either but I'm not always looking :)

The update from 8.2.2.1 to 8.2.2.2 caused problems with my box's connection to the internet. LAN worked but I could get nothing from the internet.

I noticed that the MAC address of the box had changed and my router did not recognize the new one. As a result, the router blocked all internet traffic.

Never had such problems before or problems with random MAC addresses.

• I noticed that the MAC address of the box had changed and my router did not recognize the new one. As a result, the router blocked all internet traffic.

I'll second that. I never use wifi but test to feedback. I just noticed the same issue.

One off Mac Address Changed. Back working. #2,192
    I however had issues with 5GHZ not showing up with 8.2.2.1 Link #2,156

Edited once, last by kostaman (December 29, 2017 at 10:22 PM).

• kszaq

Just updated my Sunvell T95N to 8.2.2.2.

Wifi is now back and working. It only has 2.4GHz and no BT, which LE displays correctly. Awesome!

I also checked HDR10 content with and without setting 4:4:4 10bit. It now seems that color saturation is identical to in both 4:4:4 10bit mode, 4:4:4 8bit mode and in the 'default' mode (after a reboot) on my LG TV. Compared to the TV's built in player, it now looks the same, which is great news to me.

So I just wanted to ask whether it's something that was fixed after 8.2.1.1? I saw that the rgb_output was brought back in 8.2.1.2, could it be what fixed the issue I had before? (Before I had to enabled 4:4:4 10bit, otherwise in HDR content color was undersaturated, even though the TV would kick into HDR and BT.2020. And now it seems fine)

Thanks again for the work you and the other devs do for everyone :)

• Scratch that. With the changes to the Broadcom driver, WiFi intermittently connects. Have my box pointed at a 5GHz only SSID. No such issue on 8.2.1.1.

Box boots with no connection, change no settings, reboot, has WiFi connection again. Not the worst thing to deal with (if the clock doesn't update, reboot), thought it worth mentioning though.

It's pretty hard today to cover all BCM chips with one driver and that's what I should aim to do. Recent changes are only regarding regulatory and I only switched to the one that covers most of 5GHz channels. I have not faced any issues using 4 BCM chips in boxes I have although I haven't tested them for a very long time. If the issue persists, perhaps you need to open a new thread where I would be able to post some test builds for you.

On my boxes automatic updates are "half working" : new .tar file is downloaded in the .update directory, but I don't get any notification.

I've installed 8.2.1.2 from scratch, with the default settings. Could it be related to the skin I'm using (Arctic Zephyr) ?

This is how automatic updates in LE work, perhaps I should include a patch that GDPR-2 suggested in a PR to add a notification about a finished download.

The update from 8.2.2.1 to 8.2.2.2 caused problems with my box's connection to the internet. LAN worked but I could get nothing from the internet.

I noticed that the MAC address of the box had changed and my router did not recognize the new one. As a result, the router blocked all internet traffic.

Before 8.2.2.2 if your device did not have MAC address burnt into the board, it would either use a random MAC address or one of default ones: co:ff:ee:00:01:9f or 00:15:18:01:81:31. This is problematic if you want to use more than one device without factory MAC in one network. 8.2.2.2 introduces generating MAC address from SoC serial number for devices that don't have factory MAC - this means that devices with proper MAC address should be unaffected (tested on all my devices), while those without MAC will get a shiny new address that will be unique and persist over reboots.

• Before 8.2.2.2 if your device did not have MAC address burnt into the board, it would either use a random MAC address or one of default ones: co:ff:ee:00:01:9f or 00:15:18:01:81:31. This is problematic if you want to use more than one device without factory MAC in one network. 8.2.2.2 introduces generating MAC address from SoC serial number for devices that don't have factory MAC - this means that devices with proper MAC address should be unaffected (tested on all my devices), while those without MAC will get a shiny new address that will be unique and persist over reboots.

I see. Mine was using 00:15:18:01:81:31 so the mystery is solved :)

• The Coolest : How do you check 8bit or 10bit HDR is active in Kodi?

How can i set Kodi to 444 10 bits? I can only set the Resolution to 2160p

You can either SSH into LE, and run the following command:

echo '444,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

Or you can simply add it to autostart.sh file, so that it'll be applied every time LE boots up.

This will take effect once kodi switches refresh rate or resolution if you do it from SSH.

In my case it caused issues with SDR, as my TV went into BT.2020 mode, and all colors were oversaturated.

But it seems that it's not needed anymore in the latest builds for correct colors in HDR.

• Before 8.2.2.2 if your device did not have MAC address burnt into the board, it would either use a random MAC address or one of default ones: co:ff:ee:00:01:9f or 00:15:18:01:81:31.

I see. Mine was using 00:15:18:01:81:31 so the mystery is solved

Thank you kszaq

I must have had a one off issue with the MAC address change.

I noticed the change of MAC address to 2C:30:33:93:30:6C from the working one 44:2C:05:5F:35:46

That 2C:30:33:93:30:6C address caused no network data to pass through to the box.

I rebooted and 44:2C:05:5F:35:46 came back and has stayed the same after 10 reboots.

I don't know what that was all about but it seems it was a one off. ;)