Posts by nmadrane

Hi,

I am trying to build an Amlogic update package (zip file) with something like :

PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm make amlpkg

It was working with Libreelec 7.X but in 8.X there is an error :

Code
    Creating Amlogic ZIP update package
    cp: cannot stat '/home/nabil/LIBREELEC/KSZAQ/8.2.1.1/LibreELEC.tv/projects/S905/install/update-binary': No such file or directory

I checked and that's true : update-binary is not there :(

Any idea ?

I had similar problem with my VDR, finally I asked developer of dvbapi plugin for VDR. Here You can read it:

GitHub Ticket

Hi piotrekcrash,

Which VDR are you using ? I am playing with 2.2.0.

Also, in your case it works right after reboot and also if you quickly switch between encrypted channels. In my case, it never works event if the connection to OSCAM is ok (I can see the user 'vdr' connected in the webif of oscam).

If afl or kszaq confirm that this issue has nothing to do with the AVL6862 driver implementation, then I will move my question to a more VDR specific forum.

Hi,

I am using the latest version of VDR, vdr-plugin-dvbapi and VNSI. Everything works great with unencrypted channels. But when I try to zap to an encrypted channel I get the following log in VDR :

Aug 26 11:22:33 LibreELEC vdr[2843]: [3007] DVBAPI: 0.0 set CAM decrypt (SID 830 - Pastebin.com

I asked the author of the vdr-plugin-dvbapi and he told me that the problem is in the following line :

"CA_PMT doesn't contain CA descriptors"

When I use TVHEADEND, it works : it connects to my OSCAM and succesfully decodes the stream. But the same OSCAM with VDR doesn't work. Actually this is not a problem of VDR/OSCAM connection. The problem is way before that : VDR has a problem decoding the CA_PMT stuff. The author of vdr-plugin-dvbapi that maybe the signal is bad. But I am using the same antenna in both cases (VDR and TVHEDEND), so this is not the problem.

This AVL6882 driver is not compatible with w_scan and VDR is not able to scan channels with this driver. So I am using a channels.conf files from the Internet (from http://channelpedia.yavdr.com).

So, the fact that the DVB driver is somehow incompatible with the scanning part of VDR could explain why I have this problem ? Or is this a completely different issue ? As I said unencrypted channels work perfectly.

Any idea please ?

media_build has non standard build procedure and sometimes there is wrong file caching causing build error. Try submit command

Code
    scripts/clean media_build

If error is still presented, try once more again clean script.

Hi AFL,

Thanks a lot for your help. I tried to clean, but I get the same error again and again. I have this problem with 8.0.2a, 8.0.2b and 8.0.2c. I even tried a fresh "git clone".

Also, could you please have a loot at the other error (concerning package qca9377-aml) ?

Hi AFL1,

Could you please update your git, I get the following error when I compile 8.0.2b or 8.0.2c from git.

Thanks !

Also, when I deactivate this patch I get the following error (in 8.0.2b) :

Code
    /home/nabil/LIBREELEC/AFL/8.0.2b/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel/qca9377-aml-boundary-LNX.LEH.4.2.2.2-4.5.20.034/CORE/HDD/src/wlan_hdd_cfg80211.c:15723:6: error: unknown field 'testmode_cmd' specified in initializer
          .testmode_cmd = wlan_hdd_cfg80211_testmode,
          ^

I found also that media_build doesn't compile (at least in 8.0.2b) because of patches that can't be applied. Could you please check that ? I think this is the same for 8.0.2c.

Hi AFL1,

Could you please update your git, I get the following error when I compile 8.0.2b or 8.0.2c from git.

Thanks !

Also, when I deactivate this patch I get the following error (in 8.0.2b) :

Code
    /home/nabil/LIBREELEC/AFL/8.0.2b/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel/qca9377-aml-boundary-LNX.LEH.4.2.2.2-4.5.20.034/CORE/HDD/src/wlan_hdd_cfg80211.c:15723:6: error: unknown field 'testmode_cmd' specified in initializer
          .testmode_cmd = wlan_hdd_cfg80211_testmode,
          ^

Hi,

I am using 8.0.1i. Quite old but anyway...

I am trying to scan DVB-T frequencies with w_scan (I have a KII Pro with DVB-S2/T2)

I am running the following command :

w_scan -c MA

But w-scan is not able to get any frequency. Here is what I get :

Same output with 8 Mhz frequencies.

Any idea ?

Great work AFL !

Could you please check projects/S905/patches/linux/zz-850-amstream.c.patch
    This patch gives me an error when compiling 8.0.1i :

APPLY PATCH (project) /home/nabil/LIBREELEC/AFL/8.0.1i-NEW/http://LibreELEC.tv/projects/S905/patches/linux/zz-850-amstream.c.patch
    patching file drivers/amlogic/amports/amstream.c
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 3567 (offset 374 lines).
    patching file drivers/amlogic/amports/tsdemux.c
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 84 (offset 7 lines).
    patching file drivers/amlogic/amports/Makefile
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 101.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/amlogic/amports/Makefile.rej
    Makefile:12: recipe for target 'image' failed

Thanks

Hi,

I just grabbed your source code from git and built it. The only difference I see is the user id : afl1@afl1 versus nabil@SCHUBERT

Maybe I should re-clone from scratch. Do you see any strange stuff in the log, related to aml_fe ?

Cheers

In log I see you are not running my build

Code
    [ 0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset
    [ 0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
    [ 0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct
    [ 0.000000@0] Linux version 3.14.29 (nabil@SCHUBERT) (gcc version 6.3.1 20170109 (Linaro GCC 6.3-2017.02) ) #1 SMP Wed May 3 23:21:32 WEST 2017
    [ 0.000000@0] CPU: AArch64 Processor [410fd034] revision 4

My builds starts with following ID.

Code
    [ 0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset
    [ 0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
    [ 0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct
    [ 0.000000@0] Linux version 3.14.29 (afl1@afl1) (gcc version 6.3.1 20170109 (Linaro GCC 6.3-2017.02) ) #1 SMP Fri May 5 22:36:29 CEST 2017
    [ 0.000000@0] CPU: AArch64 Processor [410fd034] revision 4

Hi AFL,

Here is the the link : giQX

The kodi.bin crash at the end of the log is normal, I am testing some stuff in kodi, not related to DVB.

Thanks.

Reboot box, connect to box via ssh and submit command:

Code
    dmesg | paste

and publish 'sprunge.us' link.

[hr]
    Hi prival17,

I tried on a stock android and I got the same error. Do you think it could be a problem with dtb.img (specific to KII Pro) not taken into account during boot ?

I will try on a KI Plus and see if it works.

Hi,

I get the following text ouput on the screen when my KII Pro boots. I compiled 8.0.1i from source code.

[FAILED] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules
    See systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service for details
    etc.

(Please have a look at the enclosed screenshot)

The box actually boots and I get Kodi running. The only problem is that the DVB driver is not loaded (no /dev/dvb* stuff)

When I run the above systemctl command it tells that :

Failed to insert 'aml_fe': No such file or directory

By the way, I am booting from a SD card and I have copied dtb.img (specific to KII Pro) on that SD card.

Thanks