[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Unfortunately this is the only site that I host builds on. Be patient, it should be back up soon. OVH is a big provider, I'm sure they're working on bringing everything back online ASAP.

Edit: It's working for me now.

• kszaq

First of all great work on making LE!!

I got a RP3 with LibreElec and everything works like a charm.

But..

Now I got a Mini M8S III Amlogic S905X TV Box - 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM from gear best.

It has the S905X chip but every device-tree i try it won't let me use wifi.

Am i doing something wrong or does wifi not work for these devices?

EDIT: Wifi Chip: AP8723

• Read the first post for supported wifi chips.

• I use clonezilla

Thanks for the feedback bubblegum57 and to the other 3 responders too. Many thanks to you all. I cannot see how I can clone a dual partition SD card with Win32DiskImager, and in answer to one question, yes indeed I am tryign to clone using Windows 10 as do not have a Linux machine and personally would neither have the time nor general need for that either.

I also did a bit more searching and found a utility for free called AOMEI Backupper, which does do the job okay though it will not allow me to clone the whole SD card as a one off process, even though it should as I am tryign to clone to an absolutely identical SD card. It simply reports that the partition is not big enough though it certainly shows the large partition is 14.33 GB so must only be a few bytes smaller than required for some odd reason. BUT I could clone each partition separately, first the bootable LE partition of course, and with a switch in the backupper program to enable it to fit the patitions to the destination disc. It takes some time to copy the big partition, but it does work well albeit slowly and the cloned SD card works identically to the original in my Beelink MXIII II 2G/16G box.

Then I found that I could also do this with my already installed pucker Acronis True Image main backup program that I purchased some time ago and keep updated as my auto backup system. The cloning facilities are under the Tools option and seem to work easier than the AOMEI Backupper as this does allow the bootable SD card to be cloned as a one off process once you set the parameters to ensure it fits the partition size, which I find strange that this is needed with identical source and destination media. But it is still slow to clone the bigger partition and does take about 35 minutes. This Acronis made cloned SD card also tested out fine, so certainly both these programs are duplicating okay. So if you already have the Acronis program then you have all you need.

Once again many thanks for all the feedback and hope this may help others here who similarly want to clone their bootable SD card easily, albeit a little slowly. So I can recommend the free AOMEI Backupper for this task, or if you already have and use Acronis True Image then that has a clone tool included which is the way to go it seems. Hope this is not too far off topic here as it does relate directly to the LibreELEC bootable SD card.

• Thanks for the excellent new build Kszaq as the new 8.2.0.1 works fine on my Beelink box. Have been getting a few crashes I never had before but those are in some popular unnamed third party addons and the same thing is happening now it seems with earlier LE8.1 builds, so is something it seems that is add-on specific rather than the latest firmware build. Only problem I have is still with many of my previously working auto 3D switching movie files, as mentioned in my earlier post a few days ago [8.2.0.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X.

Strange as some of my 3D movie files still auto switch to 3D as before, but some others that I am sure did work before no longer seem to invoke the normally escellent auto 3D function and need manually setting up the TV for 3D as we always used to have to do. This is true even if I roll back to an earlier LE 8.1 build that did work with the auto 3D feature included, and that I am sure worked before with some of these files that no longer auto switch to 3D. No log file unless you really need one, as I just wanted to know if there is any code that could have changed in a recent new build that even if I roll back to an earlier LE version does not get overwritten to its previous state. Can't see how that could be but I am no expert so must ask anyway.

High time you had another cup of coffee Kszaq. So as soon as I have some new stock available in a few days I will send you a nice cupper. Sadly in short supply right now. This is sadly usual these days with living permanently and happily here in Thailand, what with the weak pound and US dollar and the thieving rip off western banks too !!!

Edited 2 times, last by RayW: typos (November 4, 2017 at 9:32 AM).

• Thanks for the feedback bubblegum57 and to the other 3 responders too. Many thanks to you all. I cannot see how I can clone a dual partition SD card with Win32DiskImager, and in answer to one question, yes indeed I am tryign to clone using Windows 10 as do not have a Linux machine and personally would neither have the time nor general need for that either.

I also did a bit more searching and found a utility for free called AOMEI Backupper, which does do the job okay though it will not allow me to clone the whole SD card as a one off process, even though it should as I am tryign to clone to an absolutely identical SD card. It simply reports that the partition is not big enough though it certainly shows the large partition is 14.33 GB so must only be a few bytes smaller than required for some odd reason. BUT I could clone each partition separately, first the bootable LE partition of course, and with a switch in the backupper program to enable it to fit the patitions to the destination disc. It takes some time to copy the big partition, but it does work well albeit slowly and the cloned SD card works identically to the original in my Beelink MXIII II 2G/16G box.

Then I found that I could also do this with my already installed pucker Acronis True Image main backup program that I purchased some time ago and keep updated as my auto backup system. The cloning facilities are under the Tools option and seem to work easier than the AOMEI Backupper as this does allow the bootable SD card to be cloned as a one off process once you set the parameters to ensure it fits the partition size, which I find strange that this is needed with identical source and destination media. But it is still slow to clone the bigger partition and does take about 35 minutes. This Acronis made cloned SD card also tested out fine, so certainly both these programs are duplicating okay. So if you already have the Acronis program then you have all you need.

Once again many thanks for all the feedback and hope this may help others here who similarly want to clone their bootable SD card easily, albeit a little slowly. So I can recommend the free AOMEI Backupper for this task, or if you already have and use Acronis True Image then that has a clone tool included which is the way to go it seems. Hope this is not too far off topic here as it does relate directly to the LibreELEC bootable SD card.

You can use clonezilla from a bootable usb. Clonezilla Live on USB or create several bootable distros from YUMI - Multiboot USB Creator | USB Pen Drive Linux (with this you can add a bootable Acronis}

• You can use clonezilla from a bootable usb. Clonezilla Live on USB or create several bootable distros from YUMI - Multiboot USB Creator | USB Pen Drive Linux (with this you can add a bootable Acronis}

Thanks my friend.

What though is the advantage though over what I am using with Acronis or even that free AOMIE program in Win 10 ?? Acronis also has a bootable version which is used to restore your system from a backup if it wont boot. If there is a real advantage I may try it but in my tender old age (72 and enjoying it all still) I am tryign to work to the KISS principle as much as is possible and desirable :)

• Thanks my friend.

What though is the advantage though over what I am using with Acronis or even that free AOMIE program in Win 10 ?? Acronis also has a bootable version which is used to restore your system from a backup if it wont boot. If there is a real advantage I may try it but in my tender old age (72 and enjoying it all still) I am tryign to work to the KISS principle as much as is possible and desirable :)

No real advantage, if Acronis works then as you have it, use it. Clonezilla is free

• But it is still slow to clone the bigger partition and does take about 35 minutes.

Any imaging program will appear slow as it does a bit-by-bit copy of your SD card (copying even empty data).

Like the full format vs. quick ;)

• Guys I'm using the latest LE 8.2 on Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W) and I can't save settings on this part. I've clicked "Set as default for all media" but it still won't remember my settings, so every time I watch a movie I have to redo the setting again. How do I fix this ?

at my kodi it was, however, unsuff. Write rights ... make a ssh to your box, go to .kodi and make a chmod777 to userdata folder... this solves 2-3 problems i had ...

Greetz

J.

• Hello, I successfully install libreElec on my S912 KM8 Pro. So far so good. I'm using a small 2GB USB drive. I have noticed that the movie and tv database scanning takes forever (compared to all my other devices that I have run Kodi on in the past) . Curious if this is normal on a S912 or if there something I can do to speed up the scan. (Scanning my movie and tv files on my ubuntu server smb sharing. Few hundred movies taking hours to build the Kodi database).

You can try this [HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data ,i used it on my box because it was slow to read fanart and data from addons and now all works fine 😉

• Haven't upgraded LE in my beelink minimxIII II for a while and got to it just yesterday, trying to install this build, but box wouldn't boot after SMB upgrade. As I missed to put the latest device tree in Upgrade dir, I thought I'd do a full SD reinstall, adding the latest 2GB device tree downloaded from supplied links but it still wouldn't boot...I finally got it to boot with device tree already included in img.gz so I'm hesitant to try upgrading to 9 since using device trees from the said link cause my box not to boot into LE

BUT, MORE IMPORTANTLY, I wished to share the fact that HDR to SDR conversion now seems to behave properly - a great success, so I was wandering what exactly has been done to achieve that? If it was a targeted fix, perhaps I could be so bold to suggest minor corrections/additions: while 0 black level is now as it should be, there is still some black crushing in darker scenes (perhaps a fix to HDMI ranges full vs studio/limited is required) + non-HDR UHD BT.2020 media is still not converted from BT2020 to Rec709 color.

perhaps it looks as if I'm nit-picking but LE is all about video (and audio) so it deserves to allow for the best presentaton of media...

Thanks for the great work