[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• I have a PENDOO T95M (T95M Android Tv Box Built in 2.4G 5G WiFi Amlogic S905 16.0 Android 5.1 OS Quad Core 2GB/8GB H.265 4K media player T95M-in Set-top Boxes from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group) I initially tried the gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb but it would freeze while booting up. I reverted to the Stock DTB.IMG and it seemed to boot up just fine and I ran the script to install to internal. Damn, I love the speed! It's sooo much faster than my A95X.

My only gripe is there is no facility during installation that allows you to specify a larger internal SD size. You get a 4GB storage partition whether you have a larger one or not. I have an 8GB internal partition in my T95M. I am thinking of trying to modify the install_to_internal script to format a bigger partition or is it a moot point because it restores an IMG with a fixed size?

Any fix for screen calibration not taking effect on the player? I perform the screen calibration on my A95X unit on my plasma TV in the living room. The screen calibration fixes the GUI, but the video player is not affected. My player buttons are cut off at the bottom of my screen. It's like the calibration is not taking effect on the player.

I followed this guide: HOW-TO:Modify automatic watch and resume points - Official Kodi Wiki

I have only tried this on my T95M and it's not taking effect. I put the advancedsettings.xml in /storage/.kodi/userdata/ with the following:

Code
    <advancedsettings>
      <video>
       <playcountminimumpercent>75</playcountminimumpercent>
       <ignoresecondsatstart>180</ignoresecondsatstart>
       <ignorepercentatend>25</ignorepercentatend>
      </video>
    </advancedsettings>

But I have to watch a show until the end of the video to get it to check it off as watched or manually mark it as watched.

At first I thought it could be a permissions issue so I 'chmod 777 advancedsettings.xml' thinking that it's not able to read it, but, nope. The same effect exists.

• My only gripe is there is no facility during installation that allows you to specify a larger internal SD size. You get a 4GB storage partition whether you have a larger one or not. I have an 8GB internal partition in my T95M. I am thinking of trying to modify the install_to_internal script to format a bigger partition or is it a moot point because it restores an IMG with a fixed size?

Partition size is defined in device tree, you have to recompile device tree and flash it twice to change user data partition size.

Any fix for screen calibration not taking effect on the player? I perform the screen calibration on my A95X unit on my plasma TV in the living room. The screen calibration fixes the GUI, but the video player is not affected. My player buttons are cut off at the bottom of my screen. It's like the calibration is not taking effect on the player.

I guess this is about automatic frame rate setting: you either have to turn it off in Kodi or (recommended) calibrate your plasma for every refresh rate.

• Hi I've just bought a new box and installed libreelec 7 on it. Box is working but is a little slow in navigating in Kodi and there's no Wi-fi option? Is it better to install Libreelec 8? The box spec is below

Mini M8S Pro T95N Google Android 6.0 TV BOX 2GB 8GB 4K Amlogic S905 Quad

System Config:

CPU: Amlogic S905X Quad-core cortex-A53 Frequency 2.0G

GPU: Mali-450 5-Core GPU

FLASH: 8GB emme

SDRAM: 2GB DDR

Thanks

• Partition size is defined in device tree, you have to recompile device tree and flash it twice to change user data partition size.

Are there guides on how to do this? I have a 16GB box on the way, the same brand as my 8GB box. It would be a shame to waste the extra storage space.

I have the same box (probably, there are a zillion sellers with seemingly the same boxes). No Wi-Fi, I guess the chip is not supported but I only use Ethernet so it's not a problem for me. I've not tested LE7, but LE8 performance is okay. I've installed LE to internal storage.

Edited once, last by Raytestrak (September 21, 2017 at 9:32 PM).

• Hi! Are you booting from internal or from SD card? If from card you should use at least "high speed" SDHC Class 10 card. The performance is much better. LE8 would be the best option available.