Librespot addon

• Hi,

I'm trying to use the addon, but the 'execute' button stays greyed wether I use the default settings or when I enter some login/pass in the config; I see nothing in the journal. Is there something I'm missing ?

• Am I supposed to see something even if I still don't have a premium account (I'd like to see if it might work before paying) ? The android Spotify app doesn't show any available TV/PC/HiFi to listen music.

My Kodi device has no WiFi but it's on the same network, is visible, the Kore android app sees it fine.

• Am I supposed to see something even if I still don't have a premium account (I'd like to see if it might work before paying) ? The android Spotify app doesn't show any available TV/PC/HiFi to listen music.

My Kodi device has no WiFi but it's on the same network, is visible, the Kore android app sees it fine.

Spotify only enable the Spotify Connect functionality in the app on your phone/tablet/etc if you have a premium account. It's their restriction - it's nothing to do with the LibreELEC add-on which works very well if you have a premium account.

• Strange ... I configured the addon with my username and password, rebooted my Libreelec box and now I have a black screen with just the pointer following the mouse. Like if Librespot was hanging on connection.

• I just tried with a premium account, I can access my web browser from my phone but not my Kodi device.

That isn't how it works...

Spotify Connect - Spotify

You use Spotify on your phone, etc and then tell it to play using another device. On the playing screen on your phone it would say something like "Devices available". Tap on that and the app will then list other Connect compatible devices, such as your Kodi device which would already have the add-on installed and set up.

• Yes I understood. It's just that I tried and it didn't work. So I connected a web browser to spotify and tried to find it with my phone: it worked, I can find the browser in the spotify app's list of available devices, and control the web browser's music from my phone.

But I can't find my Kodi device from my phone.

• Mmkaye, so I wiped my Libreelec install afresh, reinstalled the Librespot addon, configured an email/passwd and now it works fine. Go figure.

Anyway sorry for wasting your time and thanks a lot for that great plugin !

• After using it a bit, I have 3 remarks:

- there's no indication if the login/passwd is wrong

- the volume control doesn't use the main Kodi volume

- the name of the currently playing song isn't displayed

Is there a bugtracker somewhere for these ?

• Hey.

I have a problem with librespot and backup.

I have backup setup for every Sunday. But the backup stopped at librespot. Yeah since I have librespot. didn't had any problems before.

Is there any solution to get this solved?

Maybe there is a logfile somewhere?

So far...

Librespot is running without any problems. Thank you for that.

Dan

Edit:

it stopped at

addons/service.librespot/lib

Edited once, last by Danmann (October 17, 2017 at 10:20 AM).

• After using it a bit, I have 3 remarks:

- there's no indication if the login/passwd is wrong

- the volume control doesn't use the main Kodi volume

- the name of the currently playing song isn't displayed

Is there a bugtracker somewhere for these ?

Why use login/password? Use discovery mode.

If you want to use Kodi volume, use Kodi mode (set mode in addon settings)

The name of the currently playing song is displayed on the screen in both modes, not in OSD though.

• Do you have a log?

• Why use login/password? Use discovery mode.

If you want to use Kodi volume, use Kodi mode (set mode in addon settings)

The name of the currently playing song is displayed on the screen in both modes, not in OSD though.

TL;DR: discovery mode doesn't work.

Long answer: Because my LibreElec box is on a wired network which is routed to the Wi-Fi network, but apparently this is not sufficient for LibreSpot. I even configured Avahi in router mode on the router (necessary for Kore to find Kodi) but that's not enough for Spotify's discovery mode (I haven't investigated which kind of protocol it speaks).

• TL;DR: discovery mode doesn't work.

Long answer: Because my LibreElec box is on a wired network which is routed to the Wi-Fi network, but apparently this is not sufficient for LibreSpot. I even configured Avahi in router mode on the router (necessary for Kore to find Kodi) but that's not enough for Spotify's discovery mode (I haven't investigated which kind of protocol it speaks).

avahi is not routed, as mentioned here: linux - Could I use avahi to publish service across subnetworks? - Stack Overflow