Posts by xav

I've got a homemade router running dnsmasq, and the box running Libreelec is on a wired connection. Up until before 9.2.1 everything worked well, but after that last upgrade I observed:

- no DHCP identifier has been sent to dnsmasq, I had to force associating the name to the MAC address in dnsmasq's config

- even then sometimes after a while I see no RENEW, the box still works but dnsmasq has lost its name, so if I want to access it from elsewhere on the network I have to restart it

If you look at dnsmasq's log:

You see a first REQUEST from the box's bios (I guess, because I boot the box via PXE), a second one from LibreElec, and then nothing - since 5 hours, whereas my lease period is 2 hours. Clearly LibreElec's dhcp client doesn't send RENEW when it should, which means it "disappears" from the network.

Hi,

It looks like since 9.2.1, LibreElec does a DHCP request at startup and then never renews the lease.

This is problematic because it means its name is lost (on my network at least) after the lease expires, which means I can't find it on the network with a mobile phone or trying to use the Chorus web interface.

Any hint on what could have gone wrong, and how to fix this ?

Why use login/password? Use discovery mode.

If you want to use Kodi volume, use Kodi mode (set mode in addon settings)

The name of the currently playing song is displayed on the screen in both modes, not in OSD though.

TL;DR: discovery mode doesn't work.

Long answer: Because my LibreElec box is on a wired network which is routed to the Wi-Fi network, but apparently this is not sufficient for LibreSpot. I even configured Avahi in router mode on the router (necessary for Kore to find Kodi) but that's not enough for Spotify's discovery mode (I haven't investigated which kind of protocol it speaks).

After using it a bit, I have 3 remarks:

- there's no indication if the login/passwd is wrong

- the volume control doesn't use the main Kodi volume

- the name of the currently playing song isn't displayed

Is there a bugtracker somewhere for these ?

Mmkaye, so I wiped my Libreelec install afresh, reinstalled the Librespot addon, configured an email/passwd and now it works fine. Go figure.

Anyway sorry for wasting your time and thanks a lot for that great plugin !

Yes I understood. It's just that I tried and it didn't work. So I connected a web browser to spotify and tried to find it with my phone: it worked, I can find the browser in the spotify app's list of available devices, and control the web browser's music from my phone.

But I can't find my Kodi device from my phone.

Strange ... I configured the addon with my username and password, rebooted my Libreelec box and now I have a black screen with just the pointer following the mouse. Like if Librespot was hanging on connection.

Am I supposed to see something even if I still don't have a premium account (I'd like to see if it might work before paying) ? The android Spotify app doesn't show any available TV/PC/HiFi to listen music.

My Kodi device has no WiFi but it's on the same network, is visible, the Kore android app sees it fine.

Hi,

I'm trying to use the addon, but the 'execute' button stays greyed wether I use the default settings or when I enter some login/pass in the config; I see nothing in the journal. Is there something I'm missing ?

OK, I removed autostart.sh, rebooted, paired my phone (and launched some music streamed to BT), and then:

Code
    zbox:~ # systemctl stop kodi
    zbox:~ # pactl load-module module-udev-detect
    zbox:~ # pactl list short sinks
    1    alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo    module-alsa-card.c    s16le 2ch 44100Hz    RUNNING
    zbox:~ # pactl list short sources
    1    bluez_source.88_07_4B_73_B9_9A    module-bluez5-device.c    s16le 2ch 44100Hz    RUNNING
    2    alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo.monitor    module-alsa-card.c    s16le 2ch 44100Hz    IDLE
    3    alsa_input.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo    module-alsa-card.c    s16le 2ch 44100Hz    SUSPENDED

Still no HDMI ...