Librespot addon

• Please provide the outputs of:

journalctl -u service.librespot

journalctl -u pulseaudio

• I anonymized my Spotify name and country code in the following.

The journalctl -u service.librespot output

-- Logs begin at Fri 2017-05-19 16:01:27 CEST, end at Wed 2017-09-06 19:57:35 CE - Pastebin.com

The journalctl -u pulseaudio output

-- Logs begin at Fri 2017-05-19 16:01:27 CEST, end at Wed 2017-09-06 19:57:35 CE - Pastebin.com

I hope you can make sense of it.

I tried to play an internet radio station, and to play a track through librespot. Both was unsuccessful.

• As for issues when switching profile, please provide a log (journalctl -u service.librespot)

Please check Aug 28 11:39:16 HTPC systemd[1]: service.librespot.service: Service hold-off tim - Pastebin.com if you can find some hints for the issue while or after switching profile. Eventually there are some warnings, errors and fails.

In addition, I faced also an (greater) issue, when I upgraded to new kodi alpha via raybuntu's rb-leia6 => NO sound:

Sep 09 23:35:50 HTPC systemd[1]: Started librespot. Sep 09 23:35:50 HTPC sh[791 - Pastebin.com
    Remark:
    I can selected Kodi in Spotify as device, I can also play a song and Kodi displays the artist and song name on the top right (osd), BUT I there is no sound... On the configuration, there is no option "Kodi" in "Output". Under "Output" I am able only to select "Programs". So I selected "Programs" and via ALSA I changed to HDMI, which I have also selected in Kodi -> preferences -> system -> audio device.

Hoping for helping ;-)

Thanks for the work.

The post was edited 1 time, last by eusi ().

• Hi everyone,

first of I'm a beginner. I have a RPi3 with Libreelec and tried to install Spotify Connect Web and Librespot.

Spotify Connect Web always tells me my Username and password is wrong and at Librespot I just can't find a way to click the "RUN" button as it is grey :(

What am I doing wrong?

Note: I do not have the appkey file as I just requested it some minutes ago...

Thanks in advance!
    KnoRke

• Spotify Connect Web has been replaced by Librespot. Therefore use Librespot.

To use Librespot: install the addon, grab a device with a Spotify app (for example a smartphone, a tablet, a computer) and use the device to stream music to LibreELEC.

That's it.

• With respect to your first log, it appears to be a network issue. I am not sure why this happens, since the service starts when the network is online. Try to add sleep 5 at the second line of /storage/.kodi/addons/service.librespot/bin/librespot.start to see if it fixes.

With respect to your second log (Raybuntu LibreELEC 9.0) I am unable to assess (no corresponding hardware). I will do when LibreELEC 9.0 reaches beta.

With respect to both logs, I do not understand this error: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.librespot/bin/librespot.start: eval: line 1: 2=: not found. Please add set -x at the second line of /storage/.kodi/addons/service.librespot/bin/librespot.start and provide a log (journalctl -u service.librespot).

• eusi and others using my builds: Please note that by using my community builds you can not expect support by neither Team LibreELEC nor awiouy . Please report those issues in my Thread and I will try to fix it.

• Really nice work! Very stable but one Q: Are there any plans to support Artist Slide show if Kodi is playing music? -> or Something like open.spotify.com? I really hate black and dead screens ;-)

Thanks again for the great job!

• Really nice work! Very stable but one Q: Are there any plans to support Artist Slide show if Kodi is playing music? -> or Something like open.spotify.com? I really hate black and dead screens ;-)

Thanks again for the great job!

Thanks!

I could really need help with the OSD, for example get a cover from Kodi according to artist/title, as already mentioned here: Librespot addon

• For information, preview 105d for RPi2 should run on arm variants of LibreELEC 8.x for Odroid_C2, S905, S912, WeTek_Hub and WeTek_Play_2.

Great work, Congratulations ...

Should version 8.2.107 work on the S905D? I have a Mecool KI Pro with this processor, installed from the LibreELEC repository, installed successfully, set user and password, but the "run" button does not enable.

• Great work, Congratulations ...

Should version 8.2.107 work on the S905D? I have a Mecool KI Pro with this processor, installed from the LibreELEC repository, installed successfully, set user and password, but the "run" button does not enable.

Control the addon with a Spotify app (on a smartphone, on a PC).

In the Spotify app, select your LibreELEC device, and play music.

If the addon remains silent in ALSA mode, switch to KODI mode in addon settings.

Let me know if it works.