USB-SD Creator NOGO

• Im using windows 10 and I install libreelec using the usb-sd on my MicroSD, when the process finished I put the card back on the raspberry pi and got the rebooting in 15s message
    after that I try to format the MicroSD card and I got write protecting error msg from SDFORMAT (the microSD dongle is fine I try 3 different dongle and NOGO), after that I try low level SD formatter like HDDGURU, and it complete the formatting process but when I refreshed my computer all the files appeared on the SD file and I can't get rid of them.

I performed a check on my SD card and is working fine but I cant get rip of the file inside the MicroSD

• I have had to use diskpart to format USB sticks and Micro SD cards.

WARNING - You can reformat your hard drive if you pick the wrong disk

DiskPart provides you information about your partitions and volumes, allows you to delete and create partitions, extend NTFS volumes, etc.
    Let’s remove unallocated space. First of all run Windows command line and type diskpart in the command prompt. Windows will ask you for Administrator permissions to run the tool. Then run list disk command to find your USB flash disk’s number. It should be the same as disk’s number in Computer Management tool. It was 1 in my case. Next you should chose the disk to work with. Type select disk <disk number> command, e.g. select disk 1. The next step is to clean all volumes and partitions on the disk. Use clean command to do that. The last step is to create a primary partition. You can do that using create partition primary command. That’s all. You should be able to format your flash disk now.

This is how I removed unallocated space on my machine:Microsoft DiskPart version 6.2.9200Copyright (C) 1999-2012 Microsoft Corporation.
    On computer: COMPUTERDISKPART> list disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt
    -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---
    Disk 0 Online 298 GB 0 B
    Disk 1 Online 7509 MB 6619 MB

DISKPART> select disk 1 Disk 1 is now the selected disk.
    DISKPART> clean DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk.
    DISKPART> create partition primary DiskPart succeeded in creating the specified partition.
    DISKPART> exit

DiskPart Command-Line Options

Recovering unallocated space of a USB flash drive.

Edited once, last by Soapy Smith (April 20, 2017 at 6:10 PM).

• Sounds to me like the SD card has died. Once an SD card goes into write-protect mode it's usually pretty terminal. It's just random pot-luck when it will happen, as something has now failed (perhaps some critical part of the Flash memory has worn out) within the SD card and caused the controller to go into read-only mode. Bin it, get a new SD card - even if it could be recovered, would you trust it?

I've had it happen to several SD cards over the years (not all used with Raspberry Pis), and expensive USB flash memory is not immune either. It's just the nature of Flash, unfortunately.

• I had this readonly issue with some of my sd cards, after only 2-3 times of LE image writing, including new ones. Also the fact that more than one sd card (or usb stick) was affected in a very short period makes the "random pot luck" a bit too unbelievable. But undeniable proof of the LE creator, or something Linux is responsible for the readonly lockups, is something I don't have.

• If You're using Windows You can try a good partitioning software to try to remove all existing partitions and clean Your SD-card and/or do surface test to find errors.
    I've been using "MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition" for quite a while now and so far it does the job easily and without any hassle. No need to create any USB sticks...