Amlogic(MX2/G18) 8726MX-Krypton-LE-8.0.1-Images

• Since one of my cousins happens to have an MX2 and he asked me to produce an LE image for it here it is.
    I dont own the device & images here are the least untested by me.
    Beware dragons ahead...

After all said and done Enjoy my images based always on the excellent work of kszaq.
    Download Links for 8.0.1
    downloads for Amlogic MXQ TV Box by Demetris. | AndroidFileHost.com | Download GApps, PA GApps, Roms, Kernels, Themes, Firmware and more. Free file hosting for all Android developers

- Using the latest 3.10.105 LTS kernel
    - Compiled and optimized for cortex A9
    - No need to rename partitions boots by default into correct one
    - Fixed CEC support
    -
    Using the latest known bootloader recovery and logo images 18/05/2016 Removed as it was causing hard bricks 12/04/2017

Source

MX2 Bootloader fix
    downloads for Amlogic MXQ TV Box by Demetris. | AndroidFileHost.com | Download GApps, PA GApps, Roms, Kernels, Themes, Firmware and more. Free file hosting for all Android developers
    - Extract MX2.img.zip
    - Burn to sdcard
    - Boot
    2nd way
    Extract mx2-boot-recovery.zip
    Burn uboot.bin to sdcard using Amlogic bootcardmaker.
    After finish extract "EXTRACTME_g18ref-mx2_Android_Revert.zip" or any compatible rom for your device to sdcard
    Boot and flash

Edited once, last by Demetris (April 19, 2017 at 10:41 PM).

• Do you know there's already a build for MX2 (thread-4858.html)?

Can you explain a little more what is different in this build? Maybe what works or what doesn't work for you on my build?

By looking at the source it seems it also needs the LIBREELEC_DISK label on storage partition to boot, right?

• Sorry man I don't know as I don't have the box. If you don't mind flashing you can report your finding's here. Also if you tell me the name of the existing partition I can fix it in my source so you don't need to change the disk label name

Sent from the Island of Venus
    [hr]

Do you know there's already a build for MX2 (thread-4858.html)?

Can you explain a little more what is different in this build? Maybe what works or what doesn't work for you on my build?

By looking at the source it seems it also needs the LIBREELEC_DISK label on storage partition to boot, right?

No need for partition renaming anymore i fixed the issue ;)
    [hr]
    New Images uploading that boot by default with out any renaming needed also i fixed CEC support :)
    Edit: They are up! Enjoy

Edited once, last by Demetris (April 4, 2017 at 11:27 PM).

• Thanks for the good work man.. So i understand this one does not require any command from SSH or renaming the disk..

will let you know if come across any issues

• Nice work with the CEC. Just to clarify the partition renaming was not actually an issue it was meant as a feature that allowed to use external devices for storage as there are several MX2 devices around with broken internal NAND (NAND flash wear-out).

• HI i tried to install using .tar file from Nemesis 72 (openelec 16.0) and it says when updating then update was success but once it starts it shows openelec start screen and then goes to android recovery straight after

This is the same case with one of my friend's box as well. Exact same thing updated from Nemesis 72

• New images are up kernel upgraded now there is a zip file so you can flash from android to LE easily.
    [hr]

HI i tried to install using .tar file from Nemesis 72 (openelec 16.0) and it says when updating then update was success but once it starts it shows openelec start screen and then goes to android recovery straight after

This is the same case with one of my friend's box as well. Exact same thing updated from Nemesis 72

Please try to flash zip file from recovery then, your openelec upgrade system is not working as it still shows OE after update so it didnt update.

Edited once, last by Demetris (April 9, 2017 at 5:33 PM).

• any chance you could make a file for the CMX MX AML8726 I have a few here collecting dust and I know a few people with them

CMX AML8726-MX TV Box Latest Firmware and Flash Method Released 20141212 -

• any chance you could make a file for the CMX MX AML8726 I have a few here collecting dust and I know a few people with them

CMX AML8726-MX TV Box Latest Firmware and Flash Method Released 20141212 -

Hi
    Are you sure your box is not supported by current image?
    As i can see in OE firmware
    getprop("ro.build.product") == "g18ref" ||
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "g18ref" ||
    getprop("ro.build.product") == "mx2ref" ||
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "mx2ref");
    it should be supported

Edited once, last by Demetris (April 10, 2017 at 5:16 PM).

• I'm positive I tried it

• HI i tried to install using .tar file from Nemesis 72 (openelec 16.0) and it says when updating then update was success but once it starts it shows openelec start screen and then goes to android recovery straight after

I have the same problem when updating to this build using tar from my LE 8.0.1.

EDIT: Does anyone actually got this to work? My box now seems to be dead after trying to flash the zip from recovery. Cannot enter the recovery using toothpick anymore. Any suggestions? The device is G-Box Midnight MX2. Now I only get blue light and no signal on HDMI.

• Unfortunately I couldn't flash either, tried tar and zip. Looked like it was installing and then nothing. Box now has light and no display, can't recovery using normal mx2 recovery card (created using HDD Raw) so not sure what to try next or how to fix it.

• Unfortunately I couldn't flash either, tried tar and zip. Looked like it was installing and then nothing. Box now has light and no display, can't recovery using normal mx2 recovery card (created using HDD Raw) so not sure what to try next or how to fix it.

Welcome to the club. I had nemsis on so I installed the zip using the recovery button as you are supposed to do when going to different builds. Everything looked ok while flashing and on reboot, royally bricked. :@ Blue light on and no output whatsoever, black screen. Recovery is also borked so I can't do any flashing that way anymore. So now way right now to at least go back to android and start over.

My box is the HD18 2.22 version of the Droid MX. I'm too busy at the moment but in a couple of weeks I will try to see if I can revive it. I think there are ways in worst case scenario to short some pins on the board to force recovery or even scrub the nand to clear any bad memory areas. There are long threads about it on freaktab if you are interested.

It's frustrating when it happens especially when you have a bad feeling about it beforehand...

• hmm looks like the new bootloader is not compatible i will revert to the old one and re upload the images.
    Sorry for the trouble guys but you should be able to flash back android and re-try easily.

• hmm looks like the new bootloader is not compatible i will revert to the old one and re upload the images.
    Sorry for the trouble guys but you should be able to flash back android and re-try easily.

Playing with the bootloader on a device you don't have and releasing the image to public without any testing is not very good practice. Since the bootloader doesn't work at all how we are supposed to revert back to Android? The device is dead now, it cannot boot from SD card anymore.

• Playing with the bootloader on a device you don't have and releasing the image to public without any testing is not very good practice. Since the bootloader doesn't work at all how we are supposed to revert back to Android? The device is dead now, it cannot boot from SD card anymore.

Mine's dead too. I can't access recovery to flash back to Android. It's not even recognised by my laptop anymore. It does light up but no picture. Help!

• Mine's dead too. I can't access recovery to flash back to Android. It's not even recognised by my laptop anymore. It does light up but no picture. Help!

Mine too, I tried the mx2-boot-recovery from matricom but it's not working either. Does someone have a working firmware to bring my box back to live again? Thx :)