[NOT Detected] Samsung EVO 960 M.2 SSD by LibreELEC on NUC6i7KYK

• I just loaded Live and found my SSD is Not detected by the OS.

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 SSD on Intel NUC6i7KYK. This SSD for not detected Windows either till I added the specific drivers in setup.

Read speed is 3200MB/s but it will be a shame if M.2 is Not detected in future.

• Does the M.2 SSD already have one or more formatted partitions?

If SSH'ing into the NUC works, give the returned URLs for:

Code
    blkid | pastebinit
    mount | pastebinit
    dmesg | pastebinit

• Does the M.2 SSD already have one or more formatted partitions?

If SSH'ing into the NUC works, give the returned URLs for:

Code
    blkid | pastebinit
    mount | pastebinit
    dmesg | pastebinit

Yes.. 2 partitions (OS and Storage with NTFS)

Did those commands,.. looked ok (assuming it uploaded some telemetry data?) ?

Edit: BTW, LibreELEC didn't return from Suspend (had to power down manually).

Edited once, last by Lama (March 31, 2017 at 6:11 AM).

• Linux tends to not mount partitions with disk errors on them, or partitions from systems that are in suspend/hibernation mode.

So please double-check. Also, if you haven't yet, run the installer itself and see if the M.2 partition(s) are visible. No need to go forward with the installation yet.

• Linux tends to not mount partitions with disk errors on them, or partitions from systems that are in suspend/hibernation mode.

So please double-check. Also, if you haven't yet, run the installer itself and see if the M.2 partition(s) are visible. No need to go forward with the installation yet.

Nope,.. don't have any errors in my file system.

Ok, installer sees my M.2 SSD (as whole disk, no partition options yet).

Edit: ...and it's Not like M.2 disappears after putting LibreElec on suspend, M.2 is simply Not available straight after Live mode is booted. After suspend, display remains Off (maybe, your SSH maybe responding?)

Edited once, last by Lama (March 31, 2017 at 11:27 AM).

• Live mode appears to be missing support for nvme* device as vpeter indicated. That can be fixed, but the easy solution is to install to the SSD instead of running in Live mode as the install script supports nvme devices already. NB: LE installs to the entire disk not a partition. That's deliberate and will not change so if you're trying to do some kind of multi-partition/boot arrangement you'll need to boot Ubuntu or similar to create the partitions required for LE to run from and do a manual install from there.