[8.0.2c] LibreELEC 8.0 builds for KIII Pro (S912)

• And I was not able to catch the channels yesterday made a second attempt to no avail. Describe the procedure that can that not so made or missed something.

Recorded firmware LibreElec img.gz onto the SD card via the app LibreElec.USB-SD.Creator, then renamed the downloaded image driver tuner dtb in dtb.img and copied it to a DS card.

Launched the console, caught the chain and changed the language, did not do anything else.

Then set Tvheadend updated to version 4.2....49.

Went through a web interface ip-address:9981 in Tvheadend and performed the setup procedure T2/C according to the instructions of alex, but the channels T2/C are not caught.

What I'm doing either, so maybe missed something, maybe Tvheadend you need to run? Generally you can check what driver replaced the tuner works correctly and the system sees the tuner? Maybe have a video about installation and setup of TV channels?

Edited 2 times, last by esegan (July 4, 2017 at 6:44 AM).

• There is no issue with DVB-T. I am currently watching Tour de France via dvb-t2 channel on KIII Pro. You have to better study tutorials for tvheadend.

• Testing johngalt's nougat kernel version with fractional frame rate fix.

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.0-8.0.2-devel-201707041911-g834a470-I.img.gz

THX to vevs.

Thanks again!

For what it's worth: I've been using the last three nougat test builds without issues, in a simple setup for the moment (CEC, h264 1080p input, 1080p output, HDMI non-passthrough audio). All is playing fine.

I do have the impression that the last build does cause a bit more image distortion when quickly navigating though the collection, but this is all but objective and not a show-stopper.

Also, putting the first test build in the update folder and rebooting resulted in a failed update leaving me with nothing more than a black screen with TV input channel label (i.e. no signal at all). I had to manually restore the kernel and system files to get things up and running again.

This latest build did not show the same issue, but it does take an awfully long time with a black screen before the update is finished. Is displaying some sort of update progress not possible? I expect users aborting the process too soon without it, leaving them with broken systems (and more help requests here as a result of that).

• There is no issue with DVB-T. I am currently watching Tour de France via dvb-t2 channel on KIII Pro. You have to better study tutorials for tvheadend.

T2 yesterday I set up, but had to additionally install (Tvheadend HTSP Client), and change room (PLP ID) from -1 to 0. Tvheadend works (scans the channels) is not stable from 40 attempts, caught channels only 3 times. Channels switches 6-7 seconds, a nightmare. But the cable (С) was not able at all to configure. There are instructions for setting up cable TV?

Edited once, last by esegan (July 5, 2017 at 2:39 PM).

• Thanks again!

For what it's worth: I've been using the last three nougat test builds without issues, in a simple setup for the moment (CEC, h264 1080p input, 1080p output, HDMI non-passthrough audio). All is playing fine.

I do have the impression that the last build does cause a bit more image distortion when quickly navigating though the collection, but this is all but objective and not a show-stopper.

Also, putting the first test build in the update folder and rebooting resulted in a failed update leaving me with nothing more than a black screen with TV input channel label (i.e. no signal at all). I had to manually restore the kernel and system files to get things up and running again.

This latest build did not show the same issue, but it does take an awfully long time with a black screen before the update is finished. Is displaying some sort of update progress not possible? I expect users aborting the process too soon without it, leaving them with broken systems (and more help requests here as a result of that).

Primary this is test build and not for upgrade official releases. No boot screen is issue of johngatl's nougat kernel. His builds for S905 have the same issue. I have to ask johngalt to fix it. The latest test build fixes only fractional frame rates, no other changes.

• T2 yesterday I set up, but had to additionally install (Tvheadend HTSP Client), and change room (PLP ID) from -1 to 0. Tvheadend works (scans the channels) is not stable from 40 attempts, caught channels only 3 times. Channels switches 6-7 seconds, a nightmare. But the cable (С) was not able at all to configure. There are instructions for setting up cable TV?

Check your antenna, dvb-t2 is more sensitive for signal quality due to QAM/256 modulation.

• Check your antenna, dvb-t2 is more sensitive for signal quality due to QAM/256 modulation.

On Android, TV channels catches well and smoothly. Noticed that after restarting the console channels are (appear). But I'm more interested in cable TV. Tell me this firmware is to catch the cable (С) TV?

• On Android, TV channels catches well and smoothly. Noticed that after restarting the console channels are (appear). But I'm more interested in cable TV. Tell me this firmware is to catch the cable (С) TV?

I don't know what standard use your cable TV, but DVB-C annexA and annexB is supported.

Edited once, last by afl1 (July 6, 2017 at 12:20 PM).

• I don't know what standard use your cable TV, but DVB-C annexA and annexB is supported.

I write the parameters of a cable C which catches my TV (698000000Hz, 6875KS/s, 256QAM), and can only select DVB-C or DVB-C/annexC. DVB-C/annexA and DVB-C/annexB is not.

Edited 2 times, last by esegan (July 6, 2017 at 5:23 PM).

• I write the parameters of a cable C which catches my TV (698000000Hz, 6875KS/s, 256QAM), and can only select DVB-C or DVB-C/annexC. DVB-C/annexA and DVB-C/annexB is not.

For annexB you have to use ATSC-C adapter.