Hifiberry

• First of all hello community and thank you for this fast new ELEC.

Small problem/question:

I have a HifiberryDigi + board installed on the RP3 that works on OE. I tried manually configuring it on a fresh install of LE and it didn't even show on the audio settings. Funny thing is that I got it working by first installing OE, configuring the Hifiberry and then upgrading to LE with the .tar file.

I'd like to know why I needed this workaround.

Thanks.

• First of all hello community and thank you for this fast new ELEC.

Small problem/question:

I have a HifiberryDigi + board installed on the RP3 that works on OE. I tried manually configuring it on a fresh install of LE and it didn't even show on the audio settings. Funny thing is that I got it working by first installing OE, configuring the Hifiberry and then upgrading to LE with the .tar file.

Thanks.

[hr]
    I've had the same experience, I'm also looking for a working HiFiberry with a clean installes LE.

Have you fixed is already?
    [hr]

First of all hello community and thank you for this fast new ELEC.

Small problem/question:

Thanks.

I've had the same experience, I'm also looking for a working HiFiberry with a clean installes LE.

Have you fixed it already?

Edited once, last by Trombone (May 27, 2016 at 12:25 PM).

• Official Post

I had the same problem. Looking around I saw that /boot/overlays was empty and the /boot folder had LOTS of FSCK0000nnn,REC files.

So I flashed OE, copied the overlay files, and then put them in the LE /boot/overlay folder.

Bingo, it all worked as expected.

I believe this issue has now been fixed on new installations (It is on 7.90.002)

• Official Post

There was an issue with mtools creating directories in the boot partiion. If you downloaded v7.0.1 in the last ~7 days you shouldn't see the problem as we swapped the download files for fixed ones. If you downloaded v7.0.1 earlier, a clean install with freshly downloaded files or updating to v7.0.2 (this weekend if testing is good) should fix the FSCK.* files mess automatically and correct the issue for you.