Posts by Trombone

Can any other Hifiberry user confirm they have working audio?

Your kodi log doesn't have debug enabled.
    You could try a Milhouse/nightly build as I have seen recent reports of I2S audio working with it:
    LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)

I have a working Hifiberry dac-plus on my Rpi2, I had also problems with it.
    My problem was solved after installing the updater of same version as the LE installation installed on my Rpi.

Kind regards,

Rob

1. A corrupted download, though this usually affects more than one file.
    2. A bad/low quality SD card, though like the above it usually affects more than one file.
    3. As the SD card is created on a windows machine it could also be an overzealous virus scanner that quarantined/deleted the overlay file.
    Edit:
    4. It could also be the opposite of number 3: malware messing with the SD card.

1. I tried several SD cards
    2. Samsung & Sandisk
    3. I've created cards on both Windows and Mac
    4. I don't think so
    [hr]

If it's reproducible could you please do a fresh installation and then list the contents of flash ("ls -lR /flash | paste")? Would be interesting to know what exactly is going on there. The directory listing might give a clue.

This one is from a fresh install YUVJ

I did a fresh install of LE 7.0.1.
    Put dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus (also tested with dtoverlay hifiberry-dacplus) in the /flash/config.txt and rebooted LE.

Below the results of LSMOD, play -l and vcdbg log msg

lsmod

Module Size Used by
    fuse 74850 3
    8021q 16074 0
    bcm2835_gpiomem 2652 0
    bcm2835_wdt 2777 0

aplay -l

aplay: device_list:268: no soundcards found...

vcdbg log msg

001686.598: Failed to load HAT overlay
    001687.125: dtdebug: Failed to open overlay file 'overlays/hifiberry-dacplus.dtbo'
    001687.138: Failed to load overlay 'hifiberry-dacplus'
    001690.771: dtdebug: /aliaseserial0=uart0
    001693.567: dtdebug: /aliaseserial1=uart1

Can a hifiberry-dacplus overlay from a OE be copied into my LE install?

I did put dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus in the /flash/config.txtModule Size Used byfuse 74850 38021q 16074 0bcm2835_gpiomem 2652 0bcm2835_wdt 2777 0snd_soc_hifiberry_dacplus 3588 0snd_soc_core 100158 1 snd_soc_hifiberry_dacplussnd_pcm_dmaengine 2815 1 snd_soc_coresnd_pcm 66018 3 snd_soc_core,snd_pcm_dmaengine,snd_soc_hifiberry_dacplussnd_timer 17428 1 snd_pcmsnd 40540 3 snd_soc_core,snd_timer,snd_pcmLibreELEC:~ #

I'm usinge LE 7.0.1

Dear development,

I wasn't able to get my Hifiberry DAC+ working on a fresh installed Libreelec 7.0.1.
    I send my log file to the Hifiberry support team and they came back with the following reason:

The overlay file is missing. You need to inform the developers that they need to fix this. Looks like the developers didn't really test the Raspberry Pi release well enough. I would recommend to stick with OpenElec until Librelec is really stable.

So could you fix this as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Rob

The Hifiberry support team looked at my log file and they came back with the message:

The overlay file is missing. You need to inform the developers that they need to fix this. Looks like the developers didn't really test the Raspberry Pi release well enough. I would recommend to stick with OpenElec until Librelec is really stable.

So hopefully the developers will fix this issue as soon as possible.

First of all hello community and thank you for this fast new ELEC.

Small problem/question:

I have a HifiberryDigi + board installed on the RP3 that works on OE. I tried manually configuring it on a fresh install of LE and it didn't even show on the audio settings. Funny thing is that I got it working by first installing OE, configuring the Hifiberry and then upgrading to LE with the .tar file.

I'd like to know why I needed this workaround.

Thanks.

[hr]
    I've had the same experience, I'm also looking for a working HiFiberry with a clean installes LE.

Have you fixed is already?
    [hr]

First of all hello community and thank you for this fast new ELEC.

Small problem/question:

I have a HifiberryDigi + board installed on the RP3 that works on OE. I tried manually configuring it on a fresh install of LE and it didn't even show on the audio settings. Funny thing is that I got it working by first installing OE, configuring the Hifiberry and then upgrading to LE with the .tar file.

I'd like to know why I needed this workaround.

Thanks.

I've had the same experience, I'm also looking for a working HiFiberry with a clean installes LE.

Have you fixed it already?

Thanks for your comments so far.
    This weekend I will test the settings which Awiouy recommended.

As another test I upgrade my OE 6.0.3 with Libreelec 7.0.1, leaving the Hifi Berry DAC+ settings as it workes with OE:
    dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus
    dtdebug=1
    amixer -c 0 set Digital 80%
    Then the Hifiberry worked (with the above config settings).

I will post teh results.

Dear Libreelec support,

I just did a succesfull (clean) installation of Libreelec 7.0.1 and was happy to see airplay (audio) does function (via my TV).

I'm using a Hifiberry DAC+ soundcard on my RPi2 and this was function well when I used OE 6.0.3.
    So I made the same changes in config.txt but the Hifiberry DAC+ isn't recognised.

This is added within config.txt:
    dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplusdtdebug=1amixer -c 0 set Digital 80%

And this is what I found in the log:

001904.118: dtdebug: Failed to open overlay file 'overlays/hifiberry-dacplus.dtbo'
    001904.130: Failed to load overlay 'hifiberry-dacplus'
    001907.777: dtdebug: /aliaseserial0=uart0
    001910.589: dtdebug: /aliaseserial1=uart1

If you need more logging I can provide it.

Hopefully my problem can be solved otherwise I can't switch to Libreelec.

Kind regards,
    |
    Rob