Is the 23.976 @ 24 stutter unfixable?

• HI everyone,

Haven't posted here for a while (thanks to all those who helped me in the past!)

Have been using LE 7.0.2.008 on my Nexbox a95x B7N (S905x) for about 6 months now with mostly success.

I have basically tolerated the 40 second stutter on films and other things recorded on 23.976 and then played on 24p.

But is this fault UNFIXABLE? Is it an inevitable consequence of the hardware / software combination?

I have seen little evidence of any fix of this and have looked thru this forum several times but I cannot see anything. If I change the SD card to the new LE 8 will this improve things or should I just live with it? Can anything actually be done?

Thanks.

Edited once, last by mergleb (March 13, 2017 at 9:38 AM).

• I still get a stutter occasionally (that stopping and starting fixes) on Krypton builds but I can't reproduce reliably it or find anything that always does it so I haven't been able to report anything. I never had it at all on Jarvis.

• i'm on 7.0.3.012 (2017-01-06) (updated 2017-02-23 to 7.0.3.012j) and don't have any stutter at all (Beelink MiniMX III II 2G/16G S905x) with 23.976 at 24p
    PlayerInformation window shows drop:0 and skip:0 .... pulldown correction is off also (pc:none)
    maybe you should update to 7.0.3.012j

Edited once, last by inside (March 14, 2017 at 12:29 AM).

• i'm on 7.0.3.012 (2017-01-06) (updated 2017-02-23 to 7.0.3.012j) and don't have any stutter at all (Beelink MiniMX III II 2G/16G S905x) with 23.976 at 24p
    PlayerInformation window shows drop:0 and skip:0 .... pulldown correction is off also (pc:none)
    maybe you should update to 7.0.3.012j

I have never experienced the stutter with Amlogic boxes - only with Rockchip boxes. I have been using LE from early version 7 and never had any 40-second micro stutter. I have the auto refresh switch set to 'on start/stop' inside Kodi. Using Beelink MX64 S905 2GB RAM 8GB ROM. Also works well with a S905X box I have (T95X 2GB RAM 8GB ROM).

I did experience a problem at one of the early LE 8 releases but thas has since been fixed.

• I still get a stutter occasionally (that stopping and starting fixes) on Krypton builds but I can't reproduce reliably it or find anything that always does it so I haven't been able to report anything. I never had it at all on Jarvis.

I see exactly the same as you on the current Krypton build (since 23.976 playback was fixed) - sometimes playback will start stuttering on 23.976 material (and skip frame count slowly increases). I find simply pausing playback for a few seconds and then continuing fixes it. As you say, it's impossible to reproduce reliably and I may see it after a few minutes into playback, or after an hour-plus (but mostly I don't see it at all). I wonder if enabling diags in kodi AFTER it starts would be any help?

• I am on Jarvis Kodi 16.

Was there ever a LE version in 7 that solved this?

Does 8 completely solve it as the release notes suggest the stuttering is a "known issue"?

• I have never experienced the stutter with Amlogic boxes - only with Rockchip boxes. I have been using LE from early version 7 and never had any 40-second micro stutter. I have the auto refresh switch set to 'on start/stop' inside Kodi. Using Beelink MX64 S905 2GB RAM 8GB ROM. Also works well with a S905X box I have (T95X 2GB RAM 8GB ROM).

I did experience a problem at one of the early LE 8 releases but thas has since been fixed.

like i wrote, i DON'T have any stutter with the latest jarvis build 7.0.3.012j ...it's almost perfect... only thing not working is brightness... any minus value give me a inverted colored screen.

• For people getting stutters, do you have any devices plugged into the USB ports? I'm wondering if maybe it could be a power issue? I've got a DVB-T device and have had a SSD in a caddy plugged in but I've got that unplugged now to see if that helps.

• For people getting stutters, do you have any devices plugged into the USB ports? I'm wondering if maybe it could be a power issue? I've got a DVB-T device and have had a SSD in a caddy plugged in but I've got that unplugged now to see if that helps.

Nothing in the USB ports and it runs on the internal flash.

• I'm not that familiar with the amlogic story, but I would guess, if you don't provide debug logs, the issue will never be fixed.

A "me too" doesn't help in any way.

Enable debug logging, restart your device, reproduce the issue as fast as you can and then provide the logfile on Pastebin.com - #1 paste tool since 2002!

Explain which settings are set and probably provide screenshots. Also, if possible, provide snippets of the files which you use for testing or download testfiles from here:

Samples - Official Kodi Wiki

Tell us, which sample you used and provide the logfile with the playback of that file.

We can't help if the only info you provide is a "me too" ;)
    [hr]
    This might be helpful, too: thread-83.html

Edited once, last by DaVu (March 16, 2017 at 8:09 AM).

• In debug mode fps is all over the place, which log is needed for troubleshooting?