5.1 sound issues

• Hi guys,

I've heared some good things about libreELEC and installed it.
    Everything works great except that I don't get 5.1 sound via my receiver. With openELEC everything worked great, but on libreELEC I only get 2.0 sound when playing 5.1 sound movies.

Any one else suffer from this problem?

Thanks,

• I use the same setting as I used with OE. Passthough, DD, DTS enabled and still nothing.

I just saw in one of the forums that LE has known problem with PCM audio?
    ODROID Forum • View topic - LibreELEC 7.0.2 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1 - Archived - LE Tips HERE

"Known Issues and Tips
    - smooth 23.976fps Interlaced Bluray VC-1 playback is a WIP (Kernel patch needed), 29.97 VC-1 playback is better.
    - Select Audio Transcoding to transcode AAC 5.1 audio to AC3 5.1.
    - NO HD Audio to Multichannel PCM decoding. 2.0 Audio output only for lossless FLAC, AAC, WAV etc.
    - EAC3 (DD+) will not passthrough, select AC3 Transcode."

Any suggestions?

Edited once, last by yan (June 30, 2016 at 11:42 AM).

• Hi. Exact same issue here.

After upgrading from OpenELEC 7.0 beta 3 to LibreElec 7.0.2, I found that HDMI passthrough was only providing sound on two channels, regardless of the source data. This occurred in local file playback with every file I tried as well as playback of MythTV PVR recordings.

Setup: RPi 2 ----HDMI---> TV -----Toslink--->5.1 Receiver

Passthrough is enabled and configured the same as it was under OpenELEC.

The current LibreELEC alpha also did not work. Downgrading to OpenELEC 7.0 beta 3 corrected this issue.

Edited once, last by nxnw (July 20, 2016 at 9:17 PM).

• After upgrading from OpenELEC 7.0 beta 3 to LibreElec 7.0.2, I found that HDMI passthrough was only providing sound on two channels, regardless of the source data. This occurred in local file playback with every file I tried as well as playback of MythTV PVR recordings.

Debug log with you trying to play a file with passthrough please.

• No, always the full log with debugging enabled.

It's not the first time I read about that issue. Especially if you try to passthrough over the TV. Some TVs don't support passthrough from external devices. Yours seem to support it. IIRC it was something about how Kodi ships the data over HDMI. But I'm absolutely not sure anymore.

• Will do. I will restart immediately before testing, to keep the size down.

To be clear, it has worked in my specific setup with several generations of OpenELEC. I wish I had switched over to LibreELEC earlier, and might have been able to identify when it broke.

Edited once, last by nxnw (July 20, 2016 at 10:35 PM).

• Official Post

Helll...is it such a probem to provide logfiles? This is the 17th post now, logfiles are requested since the 5th post and none are provided.

nxnw:

Please always post your own log. Your issue isn't related to shedrocks issue. He connects his HTPC directly to his am via HDMI. You have a TV between and want passsthrough over your TV. That's different. So you either provide your own logfile or we are out and you might have fun sovling your issue on your own. We want to help, but if you don't let us, we can't do anything. Providing someones log wouldn't help even it's the same issue, as the issue might depend on a setting you did. Don't say "I use the same settings while using OE"....provide the log or try to fix it on your own.

Noone will look into this logfile, because it's not yours.
    [hr]
    chewitt:

I told shedrock exactly that and for him it's exactly this issue

• i'm having the same issue
    chromebox with LE7.0.2 > Sony STR-DN-850 > Sammy tv

just 2 channels are playing, in both pass through and pcm modes
    in pass through mode the amp picking up the correct decoding and shows truehd, dts-hd or dts ma but still outputs only in two front's

i hope the debug can help

PbBf

i test what needed, just let me know