Posts by shedrock

0.o That's very possible. It's also a 4 year old release, so some add-ons of Kodi may no longer work. But it's all up to you.

Just to be clear. I was referring to LibreELEC in my initial post. My comparison was with Helix, even now, I have zero issues, so it won't be a memory problem. Anyway, I will continue to monitor it.

Cheers!

Shedrock

LibreELEC itself does not have a hardware testing section. You could try one of these tools.

Normally, either a memory DIMM works or not. If it doesn't work properly, the operating system tends to crash.

A slowing down PC could also suffer a dying harddisk / SSD. You can run S.M.A.R.T. tests on those too (not within LibreELEC).

I have zero issues with Kodi Helix. It works flawlessly. I think the problem is that the SSD 120GB is full. I know this because my backup is 25GB and the backup prompted me with that message. I removed some older backups and it seems to have stopped crashing now. I will continue to monitor it.

Thanks,

Shedrock

How do I run a check on my Memory DIMMs? I have absolutely no clue how to do that on LibreELEC. I did remove those lines in the advancedsettings.xml file, so I'll see what happens with it today.

Thanks for your help.

Shedrock

I am actually using the IR dongle that came with my Zotac box. I just removed it from plain sight. Everything works great so I really don't need to do anything, but I did have to use the MCE addon to set my Harmony GUIDE button to open the context menu on the videos, as well as the "Ok" button to bring up the OSD while a movie is playing. Other than that, zero issues so far, apart from my system crashing constantly with LibreELEC which is a whole other nightmare.

Shedrock

Since I installed LibreELEC 9.0.1 and 9.0 I've noticed that sometimes when I try to play a video file it would play sometimes. If I try to play another movie it may or may not play and I have to reboot. I also noticed a lot of restarting of Kodi. I have attached my log file hoping someone can tell me what wrong. I do find that problem has gotten worse today for some reason. I also experience the issue on a fresh install as well.

Logfile: ZeroBin

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Shedrock

@HiassofT - I think I understand what you're saying now. It just sucks that my brother set this Harmony One up for me so I am not familiar with how it is all done. I will give it a shot and see if I can figure it all out, or I may just leave the Zotac dongle plugged in.:(

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Shedrock

I have not configured any navigation keys. I am not quite sure what you mean. I have never had an issue with the way it is configured, so what has changed in LibreELEC 9.0?

I have a Harmony One remote. The problem I am experiencing is that when I click the "off" button, or switch from Movie mode to TV mode on my Harmony remote, the Zotac box does not shut down. It will only shut down if I plug in the external sensor that came with the Zotac box. I can use the Harmony to navigate without any issues whatsoever, except for switching or turning off power. Hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Shedrock

I was under the impression that version 9.0.1 fixed the remote issue with the Zotac boxes. I just updated LibreELEC to 9.0.1 but It still doesn't shut down my Zotac box unless I plug in the external IR sensor that came with the box. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Shedrock

I am not sure if there is a post regarding this issue, but for some reason I have a ton of TV shows & Movies that I have either watched or not watched that always have a resume point on them. If I reset them, they just keep coming back. I never had the issue with Helix on OpenELEC, but I did notice it with every version since then, including LibreELEC 9.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank in advance,:)

Shedrock

PS: Read this posting, and check whether you use the same RC profile, and whether you use the described LE config.txt option.

PPS: Read the rest of the linked thread, and try that enable/disable CEC trick.

I just stuck my IR dongle that came with the Zotac box and the system shuts down normally. I shouldn't really have to do that, but at least it works now. I guess something has changed in this version of LibreELEC.

Thanks for the assistance.

This does not work for me. My problem is with the Remote not shutting the box off. My problem is that if I press the "off" button on my Remote it does not shut down LibreELEC. My TV and Amp both shut down.

I don't understand why I can use the remote to scroll to the "Power Off System" and it works, as oppose to how it always worked before by just pressing my power button on my Harmony One remote.