Trying to install LE 11.0.3 on SSD Drive using the installer

• I cannot provide something that did not exist (repeating myself). The RPi4 crashed multiple times, and by crash I mean that it was inoperable to the point that it required me to reinstall LE over and over again.

one option is to take out the disc (or microSD) from just crashed RPi4 abd mount it in another Ubuntu machine, then restore logs - see here for some ideas

• one option is to take out the disc (or microSD) from just crashed RPi4 abd mount it in another Ubuntu machine, then restore logs - see here for some ideas

I am not using the MicroSD currently. I am using the external Samsung 870EVO SSD, but I understand what you're saying. I am currently scanning my TV show library, but it's painstakingly slow, even using NFO files. I am going to turn on logging and will upload the log file later on today.

Thank you for the advice.

Shedrock

• Please provide pastekodi/pastecrash logfiles, system configuration, journal etc are extremely important, pure kodi logs don't help heere

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Please provide pastekodi/pastecrash logfiles, system configuration, journal etc are extremely important, pure kodi logs don't help heere

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

When I try to perform the action, I get the following error message.

• Try again, sometimes ix.io has hickups and upload doesn't work.

BTW: it's easier to ssh in and run "pastekodi" then you can simply copy&paste the URL and don't need to type it off manually from the screen (which is error-prone)

so long,

Hias

• I couldn't get the log file, no matter what I tried. Anyway, I installed Matrix on the RPi4, and so far so good. I do get the occasional reboots when I scroll through the library, or if I try to load YouTube, TMDB Helper and a few others. I actually just tried to use the pastekodi command, but just like with Nexus, it returned the command prompt, so that may be a problem if I need assistance. Unless there is some other way I can gab the log because both methods don't seem to work for me.

Thanks again,

Shedrock

• You can do "dmesg | paste" and "cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | paste" to generate two URLs; one for each log. If either of them is large the combined logs + extras that "pastekodi" generates might be too large for the ix.io paste service.

• This also did not work for me. :(

dmesg | paste - this shouldn't be too big, so as far as your RPi has network access it should work

for large kodi.log you can split it for chunks smaller than 512 kB:

Bash
    $ cd /storage/.kodi/temp/
    $ split -C 500k kodi.log ksplit_
    $ find . -name "ksplit_*" | xargs paste -i