Posts by adam.h.

Some more forensic analysis :D

Here are the stream properties:

Suprisingly it plays well from the file, even with enabled vaapi, and the same content fails with vaapi when it is streamed. See attached 2 screenshots from playing file and playing the stream.

So perhaps the problem is not really in ffmpeg or drivers/kernel, but somewhere between InputStream Adaptive / Disney+ Addon / FFMpeg?

EDIT: I forgot to add log file.

Ok, so to complete this journey here is the log with Linux version 6.10.0-rc3 and FFmpeg version 6.1.1, the stream is not playable when hardware acceleration is enabled.

Let me know if you think I can contribute with anything else.

I'm using that setup: <setting id="debug.setextraloglevel">128,2048,32768,262144</setting> so ffmpeg is covered. I didn't try with ffmpeg 6.1.1 though.

I tried that sample file attached to 23699 and it works fine for both software codec and hardware acceleration, see the log. As expected, with vaapi enabled it plays very smoothly, while it slightly stutters with software codec.

So I suppose it is something else im my stream which causes these issues.

Hi chewitt, I checked that all these HEVC samples work well with and without hardware acceleration, so it seems that there is something specific with my tested HEVC stream.

I could provide like 10 sec sample of that failing HEVC stream for further investigations, but since simple hacks with playercorefactory/ffmpeg are not working with the new Kodi and this is prioprietary Disney contents I suppose I would need some guidance (PM?) how to proceed with this.

Thanks for the pointers. I compiled PR for 6.10-rc3 but the latest kernel didn't change anything.

In case you want to look int the log file, first part shows software codec (it works), second part shows hardware support enabled (it breaks).

Maybe this was discussed already here, but I cannot find anything specific. Perhaps my adventures will help someone.

In theory NUC10 should be fine with HEVC (hardware decoding is available in 10th gen.). But not in my case, the HEVC movie was just generating sound and video screen was not refreshing. I could see multiple entries in the log file, like: ffmpeg[0x1c3b8a30]: [hevc] hardware accelerator failed to decode picture.

So it helped to disable hardware acceleration in the Player settings. Apparently hardware driver was not as good as the software driver. Attaching also screenshot for the reference.

Can someone please trigger nightly build for x86 as well?

btw. I always had impression that nightlies are triggered via some automation if at least one PR is merged during a day? But it seems that they are triggered somehow randomly, otherwise we should see 5 builds during June 11-15 and this would be consistent for all device types:

nightly-20240613-18becd8 - remote is not working with this one (no reaction to any button)

nightly-20240612-1a71ae6 - remote is back to normal

Perhaps this is the reason:

Code
    Jun 15 00:10:24.294870 NUC-ELEC eventlircd[541]: Assertion 'udev_device && key' failed at src/libudev/libudev-device.c:194, function udev_device_get_property_value(). Aborting.
    Jun 15 00:10:24.329341 NUC-ELEC systemd[1]: eventlircd.service: Main process exited, code=dumped, status=6/ABRT
    Jun 15 00:10:24.329360 NUC-ELEC systemd[1]: eventlircd.service: Failed with result 'core-dump'.

It looks like texturecache.py was used for that purpose, some users tested it for Nexus so probably it works for Omega too.

Code
    texturecache.py qax movies @qaperiod=9999 @qa.nfo.refresh=1

where "@qa.nfo.refresh=1" means: refresh (remove/reload) all movies with nfo file modified during previous 1 day.

The problem is that it needs Python 2.x which is not available with Omega, so probably the easiest workaround is to bundle it together with old Python into Docker image and run it that way on LE.

The information you have linked to is over 7 years old and doesn't apply. Don't try this.

Good to know, thanks. However I would expect also some positive response to this guy, say "nope, no way, just restart your device" or "use that magic-command instead". Unless you are waiting for some ritual of ash and dust begging? :P