[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• Another thing with the display resolution - should I set it to default 1080p or 4K? If I set it to 4096x2160p, the refresh rate automatically gets set to 24 - is this right behavior? My TV is 4K UHD OLED with HDR, FYI. Can it actually play 10-bit HDR material?

Why do you setup 4096? Your TV has only 3840 pixel. Setup this and everything will be OK. HDR works.

• Why do you setup 4096? Your TV has only 3840 pixel. Setup this and everything will be OK. HDR works.

Yes, that was a mistake. Don't know why I was thinking the TV has DCI 4K resolution. I'll try in the evening and will report back. Do you think the lip-sync issue was due to that? it didn't work with 1080p settings either.

-San

• I wish I could afford your OLED TV but sadly a poor pensioner waiting to win the lottery or come good on Bitcoin/Crypto currencies. OLED are a thousand times better than ANY LED or inferior QLED sets IMHO. I love the LG range and soem relative bartgains available if you buy last years models on promotion as they are still absolutely first class too. You don't need this year's models unless you are a fat cat of course :)

Anyway lipsync can affect us all and depends really on the source material. Y ou will find not all video streams are affected by lip sync problem. Just simply go to the Settings option whilst playing the affected video and select the audio settings option and then you will see there is an option to adjust the audio delay/advance, so you can neatly and easily match your video stream whilst it is playing. I find most lip sync problem media needs a 250 mS audio delay. You can also set this audio delay as the default setting if you find it is affecting all or most of the media you play. You will find that there is an option to set the audio settings as the default for all media further down that same audio settings page. Take a look yourself and you will see it much clearer than I can explain here.

• Hi there!

Im running this community build on a minix u9.

When i shutdown libreelec, minix shows me a green light, probably meaning sleep mode (Blue Light when powered on). When i shutdown Android, i get no (green) light, probably meaning that it has been completely shuted down.

The problem is: while on libreelec standby (green light), it prevents my AVR from turning on automatically when i turn on the TV (or avr auto HDMI switching and etc).

What i haver to do: unplug minix Power Cord and plug it again. This way, the green light goes off and i guess minix is completelly shuted down. Then, i can turn on the TV and my avr Works Just fine. It took me days to realize this...

So, my question is: is there any way to completely shutdown libreelec on minix, so that i dont get this green light state?

Sorry for my english btw

• Yes, that was a mistake. Don't know why I was thinking the TV has DCI 4K resolution. I'll try in the evening and will report back. Do you think the lip-sync issue was due to that? it didn't work with 1080p settings either.

Leave everything as standard as LE was out of the box and run the Kodi GUI at 1080p 60Hz (or 50Hz if you use 25i TV and Kodi PVR's).

LE Kodi will refresh switch AND resolution switch anyway when you play 4K content.

Then select the required audio options that blakey has detailed above. (Expert - bottom left in Kodi settings will need to be selected)

Make Sure 'Sync playback to Display" is DISABLED - that will break all audio passthrough.

PS: you are in the S905 thread seeking help for a S912 device.

• Leave everything as standard as LE was out of the box and run the Kodi GUI at 1080p 60Hz (or 50Hz if you use 25i TV and Kodi PVR's).

LE Kodi will refresh switch AND resolution switch anyway when you play 4K content.

That's may be true for video's, but when you look at photographs, it will show them at only 1080p.

• I wish I could afford your OLED TV but sadly a poor pensioner waiting to win the lottery or come good on Bitcoin/Crypto currencies. OLED are a thousand times better than ANY LED or inferior QLED sets IMHO. I love the LG range and soem relative bartgains available if you buy last years models on promotion as they are still absolutely first class too. You don't need this year's models unless you are a fat cat,of course :)

This is LG as well (the very first TV in our lives which is not Panasonic), bought couple of months ago. The picture quality is really outstanding (after spending couple of hrs. with color-card etc.)but s/w is not so good and extremely annoying. The worst one for me is LG's CEC implementation - ARC doesn't work until you have the CEC turned on and if you have the CEC on, it's turns off the device at random and also at the same time changes A/V receiver input to a fixed source all the time. Harmony hub/remote doesn't work properly either and kep clashing with 'power command' every time. The annoyance is taking over the viewing pleasure.

BTW, thanks for the tips on lip-sync issue. All of my 1080p MKV that used to run absolutely fine on my intel based LE, started giving lip-sync issue on Neo U9-H. All of them suffering from the this. I'm gonna play around with the sound settings in the evening and will report back here.

-San

• hi

Beelink GT1 - 2 GB ram / 32 gb internal storage

i used 8.1.3 until now, today i prepared 8.2.2.3 on USB stick. It boots fine from USB but when i tried to boot to internal the box freezes. Then i wanted to install to internal, but i cannot logon with ssh.

there are some changes with credentials, or maybe its not possible to install to internal memory?

please give me some advise, thanks

• it's probably b'cuz of the CEC and if you have newer LG TV, then you are in pile of mess like me. The CEC settings are here: Settings -> System Settings -> Input Devices -> Peripherals -> CEC adapter and there hell lot of stuff in there, for you to play with.

CEC - Official Kodi Wiki

CEC is pretty annoying for me (and also use Harmony Hub), so I just simply disabled it.

-San

• Awesome, looking forward to your results. My Linux ISOs are a combo of FLAC and Opus, so multichannel PCM is a requirement!

Hi,

Just finished mucking around today after I had a problem with my Denon AVR refusing to see MCH PCM from any device. I have a NUC I've used for 3 years with no probs. I had to power off and unplug to reset the AVR. Took me a while to work that out.

I'm using latest LibreElec 8 (not 9 alpha). The Minix U9 plays PCM MCH but its limited to 48kHz max. Won't play 88.2 or 96kHz etc

It does play 4K and DTS-HDMA ok. I have an Intel NUC that is way faster and plays every MCH flac I have. If you want high resolution audio I wouldn't recommend the U9.

You can set Kodi to limit sampling to 48KHz and higher rate files will play with Kodi down sampled to 48kHz, so it will play high res but not at the original sampling rates if > 48KHz.

I had some trouble turning the U9 on with the remote control too. Takes a while to pick up the command even with the remote 300mm in front (20 or so button pushes). There is no on/off button so that's a pain. I guess you could leave it on 24/7...

I bought the Minix U9 mainly for 4K. Would have been nice to use it as my Audi player too. I will keep the NUC and upgrade to next NUC that supports UHD/HDR and MCH PCM.

Next step for me is to try LibreElec 9 alpha on the Minix. I'll do that tomorrow.

THX

Garry

• Thanks for your report, Garry. I understand that the sample rate is limited, good to know for sure.

The thing I'm especially worried about is PCM with more than 2 channels. I know in the Android firmware for the Minix U9-H, PCM is software limited to stereo only, apparently due to licensing issues. I'm hoping that LibreELEC will have 5.1/7.1 PCM capability. Can you tell me if that's possible on your box?

Thanks!

-KJack

• Code
    "echo 3 > /sys/class/mpgpu/scale_mode" > /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Just run ^ that command from the SSH console and then reboot.

why does it need to change the frequency of the processor?

how to do it?

How then to return back?

how to find out what frequency is now on my mecool kIII pro libreelec 8.2.23?

Thank you