[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• All of my HDMI cables came with cheap boxes working well with 4k HDR content with HD audio.

No reason to buy more expensive ones.

Unfortunately I bought some earlier but it was just a waste of money.

Edited once, last by Pelican (January 13, 2018 at 6:42 PM).

• Generally - not personally You - a lot of users using cheap cables - many of them don´t know about the bad quality.

I tested ATV box from a friend - working perfect with my 15€ HDMI cable from amazon store connected @AVR

And I use XBMC/KODI many years too - boxee, raspberry pi 1, 2 and 3 - hifiberry etc.

I understand, that would be must first suggestion as well.
    As for ATV, it might be something between Apple and Samsung way of doing things and problems appear only if they meet. Hard to tell, I've found cheap U9, so I'll report my results once I test it.

• I ordered some of these:- AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI 2.0 Cable - 1.8m / 6 Feet (2-Pack) (Latest Standard) Supports Ethernet, 3D, Audio Return.

Are these good enough??

Yes I've heard High Speed Amazon Basics ones are fine. MonoPrice also sell reasonably priced Premium Certified cables too.

I will repeat this again: even tho cables when used with other non HDR boxes may have worked fine in the past, so far as handshaking and reliability is concerned, once you start using them with HDR capable media players, that can transport more data over HDMI. Reliability and handshaking problems may occur. Especially the longer the HDMI cable run gets.

• How are people powering on/off their device?

I am just leaving my KM8 Pro on 24/7 at the moment as I couldn't figure out how to sleep/wake the device using this LibreELEC build.

• This ist last KODI krypton version - end of development - ready for daily use

LE9 is pre alpha from KODI leia - update is possible but not recommended - fresh install prefered

Fresh install and then restore the data from a backup is possible or not recommended?

I mean i would have many addons after the daily use of Kodi which i would prefer to not install and configure again. :)

• Fresh install and then restore the data from a backup is possible or not recommended?

I mean i would have many addons after the daily use of Kodi which i would prefer to not install and configure again. :)

Many addons - could(would) be many problems after upgrade

• Should I use a 32GB UH1 Samsung evo SD card or a 64GB UH3 Samsung evo plus one on the M8S Pro L?

Or should I just plain install it on the emmc?

Which one would you say is gonna give me more responsiveness?

• Is it possible to set resolution to 720 ? I only have 1080 and 2160 in the interface. I would rather set it to 720 and let my tv upscale from 720 to 2160 for videos that aren't in 1080 or 2160.

• Is it possible to set resolution to 720 ? I only have 1080 and 2160 in the interface. I would rather set it to 720 and let my tv upscale from 720 to 2160 for videos that aren't in 1080 or 2160.

In current builds resolutions other than 1920x1080 and 4K are not supported on S912 - read the first post, please!