[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• Thanks for making this. One question before I install is

Can I make it boot to android by default then if I want to use libreelec from SD card I can run the reboot to libreelec app.

Or does it boot to libreelec by default if the SD card is inserted?

I would prefer not having to remove the SD card everytime I want to use android.

Thanks for any Info

• You have to remove the SD card or select from LibreELEC Kodi's Power Menu - "Reboot from Internal" to boot to internal Android.

However - if you use any other LibreELEC Kodi Krypton Skin other than the default one Krypton comes with you will have to physically eject the SD card every time to boot to Android.

• You have to remove the SD card or select from LibreELEC Kodi's Power Menu - "Reboot from Internal" to boot to internal Android.

However - if you use any other LibreELEC Kodi Krypton Skin other than the default one Krypton comes with you will have to physically eject the SD card every time to boot to Android.

Thanks for reply

So reboot from internal would suit fine.

That's a pity it only works from default skin what's the reason for this?

Is it possible to mod a skin to add the "reboot from internal" function.

Thanks

• Thanks for reply

So reboot from internal would suit fine.

That's a pity it only works from default skin what's the reason for this?

Is it possible to mod a skin to add the "reboot from internal" function.

Thanks

This will vary from skin to skin. I use Titan for krypton beta

Skin Settings, Configure shortcuts, Customize power menu, Add, Change Action, Custom item, then type in System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")

Then set label, call it whatever, reboot to nand, reboot to internal, Reboot to Android.

Set Thumbnail, & select an icon or whatever you want.

Hopefully that is correct, I did find it was slow to reboot. So give it time

• Yesterday there was a message in the first post about fixing screen tearing in LE 8.1.7, but now it's gone. Is that means that screen tearing will not be fixed in 8.1.7?

• This will vary from skin to skin. I use Titan for krypton beta

Skin Settings, Configure shortcuts, Customize power menu, Add, Change Action, Custom item, then type in System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")

Then set label, call it whatever, reboot to nand, reboot to internal, Reboot to Android.

Thanks bubblegum

That's sounds good. I have a bit of experience modding skins so hopefully ill be able to add this using the aeon mq 7 skin.

Cheers

• This will vary from skin to skin. I use Titan for krypton beta

bubblegum,

Worked perfectly for me in AeonNox 5, set up a submenu item as you described, just need to be a little patient (few seconds) while rebook starts.

Now I can boot to either Android or LibreELEC using remote via AeonNox 5 submenu options :)

• No Android is needed, nor used, to run LibreELEC. The complete Linux based OS is on the SD card.

I know it's running on the SD Card, but some installation starts directly on a sd card if present and there is some option to reboot from one to another.

• I know it's running on the SD Card, but some installation starts directly on a sd card if present and there is some option to reboot from one to another.

Once you started LE once from SD card, using one of the methods described in the installation guide, your box will automatically boot from the SD card again the next time. This is the case as long as you don't specifically request to boot to Android (either by the menu option from the LE UI or by removing the SD card).

It will basically boot automatically to the the last OS you used.

Once you used Android again, you will have to repeat the steps from the installation guide you used to boot to LE the first time to get LE again.

All this is independent of the version of Android you have.

If you have an actual problem, please tell us what it is exactly.

• It will basically boot automatically to the the last OS you used.

Once you used Android again, you will have to repeat the steps from the installation guide you used to boot to LE the first time to get LE again.

That's not true at all.

If the sd card inserted (and it doesn't matter if you reboot from android or from LE) then LE will start without any intervention,

• That's not true at all.

If the sd card inserted (and it doesn't matter if you reboot from android or from LE) then LE will start without any intervention,

How can you say that when it is exactly the kind of behaviour my box displays? Must depend on the type of device then.

• I don't know about your box, but I agree with Pelican.

So you are saying that if I boot from LE (on SD) to Android using the "boot to internal" option from the menu, leave the SD card in and reboot again from Android, it will go back to LE automagically without doing anything?

• How can you say that when it is exactly the kind of behaviour my box displays? Must depend on the type of device then.

Then something wrong with your box. The normal boot process (after LE installed once) checks if the sd card (and after the usb drive) is bootable (kernel.img is present) and if not then boots from the internal memory. If something else happens then there something went wrong. Maybe your box has a wrong bootloader.

So you are saying that if I boot from LE (on SD) to Android using the "boot to internal" option from the menu, leave the SD card in and reboot again from Android, it will go back to LE automagically without doing anything?

Yes.

• Booting to Android Recovery or TWRP Recovery sometime may be enough to stop LibreELEC from Autobooting again when you power on or reboot from Android.

In that case simply hold in the Reset button again, or whatever method you first used - when connecting power to restart autobooting into LibreELEC.

• Does anyone know how to keep the GUI at a constant fps. When moving through the GUI the fps is fine with 40-50fps.

But when I leave the gui idle for a few seconds the fps drops to around 10-15. This makes any animating artwork very juddery.

I think this is a krypton issue as I also experience it on my osmc installation on rpi.

In Jarvis the gui was very smooth.