[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• Hi, I just joined the forum. I am a holder of a "Nexsmart D32". Now I hope I'm wrong, but your files should be compatible with this device seen riding a rockchip RK3229. I did everything as the guide says. I created the sd (use a 4GB Class 4 and Class 10 not because I have this here), via the utility "USB-SD Creator LibreELEC". I replaced the dtb.img file with that of the s912 folder "gxm_q201_1g.dtb". I insert the micro sd in the device and try to turn it on but does not start libreElec. Then I try toothpick method, but does not go, I try terminal "reboot update" does not go.
    Basically I can not boot from microSD. Have you any suggestions?
    Maybe I'm wrong and this version of libreleElec is not compatible with your device Nexsmart D32?
    Thanks in advance and excuse my English but with google translate.

• Hi, I just joined the forum. I am a holder of a "Nexsmart D32". Now I hope I'm wrong, but your files should be compatible with this device seen riding a rockchip RK3229.

Are you kidding?
    This is an amlogic forum.
    RK3229 is NOT an amlogic chip.

Edited once, last by Pelican (March 18, 2017 at 10:07 AM).

• Thanks alot this works great. I hope HDR and freezing gets fixed.

Res switching 1080p <=> 2160p works
    Audio passthru works
    Both wired and wireless network works
    Remote works
    Have not tried cec

Just let me know if you need help with any testning

By the way I am on alfawise s92

Edited once, last by HWahlstedt (March 19, 2017 at 9:48 AM).

• First off a huge thank you to kszaq for his superb builds for these Amlogic devices, I have a couple of S905 devices and you builds work perfect on them. Now please excuse my ignorance when it comes to these devices and getting drivers on them but I came across this site - Armbian for Amlogic S912 - Amlogic - Armbian forum and downloaded an image for the S912 device I have and it works, however as I said I know nothing about drivers and so on for these devices but is there anything that this forum has that you don't have to enable better performance for Libreelec on S912 ?

• kalebroc Armbian for S912 doesn't have OpenGL support, there is nothing that can be improved here for now.

SM26 There are device trees available for devices with 3GB RAM.

@kszag
    Thank you for the reply, I'll keep my fingers crossed that things might improve over time for these S912 devices if Amlogic ever decide to release what you need to get Libreelec up and running, thanks again for all your hard work !!

• Hi all,

a question about wi-fi: is it possible to force LE to use 5 GHZ wi-fi?
    The 2.4 GHz band around me is sometimes disturbed.

My Mecool BB2 Pro with his original Android firmware supports both 2.4 and 5 ghz (AC).

Thanks.

Magnum

• Hi all,

a question about wi-fi: is it possible to force LE to use 5 GHZ wi-fi?
    The 2.4 GHz band around me is sometimes disturbed.

My Mecool BB2 Pro with his original Android firmware supports both 2.4 and 5 ghz (AC).

Thanks.

Magnum

I have setup my router, so it has two different named bands, 2.4 & 5, then in android, choose the 5GHZ, when you boot into Libreelec, it should pick it up.

• I have setup my router, so it has two different named bands, 2.4 & 5, then in android, choose the 5GHZ, when you boot into Libreelec, it should pick it up.

Thanks for reply.

Unfortunately I cannot set my router with different name bands. The SSID is the same for 2.4 and 5.

Other solutions?

Magnum

• Thanks for reply.

Unfortunately I cannot set my router with different name bands. The SSID is the same for 2.4 and 5.

Other solutions?

Magnum

Mine did & still has the same SSID. I just went into the settings & set them up separately with same SSID's but different names. I think, instead of auto select, it has a tick box for manual, in the router, not completely sure.

Edited once, last by bubblegum57 (March 21, 2017 at 7:54 PM).

• Mine did & still has the same SSID. I just went into the settings & set them up separately with same SSID's but different names.

Ok... I found the possibility to edit the name of wi-fi 2.4 and 5 in my router. :D

Later I try.

Thanks again...

Magnum

Edited once, last by Magnum (March 21, 2017 at 8:48 PM).

• Ok, I've changed the name of 2.4 & 5 wi-fi. On Android I see both of them and connect only in 5 ghz.
    Then reboot in LE.

But in LE I see only the 2.4 wi-fi.

Magnum