Posts by kalebroc

Hi guys,

I haven't been around for awhile and had posted before about the Sunvell T95Z 2GB / 16GB box that I have and the fact that I can't get the Ethernet port to work under Libreelec. So over the course of today I have tried every dtb file for the S912 one by one and none will work. I can get the wireless to work but prefer wired connection. I am at a loss here and was hoping somebody had got access to the dtb file from the above mentioned box. The Ethernet port works fine when I revert it back to android so it's not a hardware issue. Thanks guys.

escalade

I was reading the Kodi forum and someone mentioned there that your build supports the Nvidia 10 series cards, well I have just a quick question for if you don't mind - are your builds capable of 4K UHD HDR playback using Nvidia cards? I currently have a Core i37100 with Nvidia GTX 1050Ti card running Windows 10 and everything is fine for 4K HDR playback but I would prefer to go back to using Libreelec for my HTPC. From all the reading I've done it's just not possible at the moment and may never be so I was curious when the Kodi forum says your builds support the Nvidia 10 series cards.

Thank you for your time.

Kalebroc

jkjelds

To tell you the truth, I haven't spent any more time on the T95Z in the last couple of weeks, just been too busy with work and stuff. I'll try to get to it over the next few days and report back to you. My issues might be slightly different from yours, for some reason the LAN on my T95Z will not work at all with Libreelec, however if I flash back to Android it does, so as I said I'll try to get some time at it over the next few days.

kszaq , thanks for the reply, I did also try the q201 dtb file but to no avail. I'm starting to think maybe a faulty box even though android works fine on it. I'll keep at it, and try a few things, anyway I have a Beelink GT1 Ultimate running your build which I must say a huge thanks for because it seems to be running nearly perfectly. Keep up the great work !!

kalebroc Armbian for S912 doesn't have OpenGL support, there is nothing that can be improved here for now.

SM26 There are device trees available for devices with 3GB RAM.

@kszag
    Thank you for the reply, I'll keep my fingers crossed that things might improve over time for these S912 devices if Amlogic ever decide to release what you need to get Libreelec up and running, thanks again for all your hard work !!

First off a huge thank you to kszaq for his superb builds for these Amlogic devices, I have a couple of S905 devices and you builds work perfect on them. Now please excuse my ignorance when it comes to these devices and getting drivers on them but I came across this site - Armbian for Amlogic S912 - Amlogic - Armbian forum and downloaded an image for the S912 device I have and it works, however as I said I know nothing about drivers and so on for these devices but is there anything that this forum has that you don't have to enable better performance for Libreelec on S912 ?