[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• Are you trying to install to internal memory? If not, it looks like your bootloader tried to load the system from memory card but doesn't supply bootfromext parameter.

I don't know where did it try to install
    I follow the instruction and use sd card:
    To boot the system for the first time you have to use one from the following - sometimes only one way of doing this works!

• recovery method (3rd variant): if your box is rooted, use terminal emulator app and execute
      Code
      reboot update

command

• The method i use to boot my box with LibreELEC is;

-Attach USB drive
    -Unplug power cable
    -Press and hold power button
    -Replug power cable while holding power button until LibreELEC logo appears

works everytime

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (March 10, 2017 at 12:05 PM).

• Now it works from USB. From SD card it doesn't want to work
    But looks like GPU isn't working for interface, flickering during pages change. And also colors on shadows looks very bad. Looks like YCbCr 4:2:2. But TV support 4:4:4 too.

Also IPTV doesn't work, buffering and buffering again..

Edited once, last by boot2k3 (March 11, 2017 at 12:07 PM).

• Early days on this, but good progress given the lack of drivers. Thanks, kszaq.

Apart from the crashing thing, GUI performance is excellent now.

Still can't access my NAS's shared folder through CIFS/SMB. All the settings are right at both ends. Works fine on other LibreElec boxes. Error Code 2. Any clues?

Try here or here.

Magnum

• Im tried alpha-preview3 on H96 Pro+ (3GB RAM, 32GB ROM)

- Wifi working but it slow (iptv buffering)
    - Remote not working (remote.conf file been replaced)
    - Random restarts
    - Kodi works fast

Thank you for your hard work kszaq!

• Hi,

I tried "Alpha-preview3" on my MECOOL BB2 PRO Android 6.0 TV Box 3GB DDR4 via USB.

Replace dtb.img with one provided by kszaq.

- Wi-Fi works but it's slow (sometimes buffering) and image and voice not sync (after some minutes from video start).
    - Remote works;
    - Random restarts;
    - Kodi works well.

Thanks kszaq.

Magnum

• I am pleased that it is possible to extend LibreElec on chip AArch64 too. I have Evolveo H8 with this ( I hope that is equivalent Amlogic 912) and gr.chip Mali-T820MP3. It has 1 G ethernet and 3G memory, file for device trees is clear.
    I need buy micro memory card, can I use this card when inserted for data too or no. When no how much memory is enough ? Must be this card quick or cheap enough ?

I have no hardware power or reset button, I have read methods of boot and I do not know how "reboot to recovery" from android. I have application "update firmware" but call only OTA, I cannot open any file. I do not know what ADB is or how to enable.

Someone willing to give me advice ? Thanks

• I am pleased that it is possible to extend LibreElec on chip AArch64 too. I have Evolveo H8 with this ( I hope that is equivalent Amlogic 912) and gr.chip Mali-T820MP3. It has 1 G ethernet and 3G memory, file for device trees is clear.
    I need buy micro memory card, can I use this card when inserted for data too or no. When no how much memory is enough ? Must be this card quick or cheap enough ?

I have no hardware power or reset button, I have read methods of boot and I do not know how "reboot to recovery" from android. I have application "update firmware" but call only OTA, I cannot open any file. I do not know what ADB is or how to enable.

Someone willing to give me advice ? Thanks

Your box has S912 chip so you can use this build. You can use any SD card but usually the biggers are newer and faster. Sandisk 8 GB or 16 GB is a good choice.
    You can use the SD card to store your data too.
    Check your box maybe it has a reset button on the bottom or inside the AV jack.
    If not, you should check the other methods.

Edited once, last by Pelican (March 12, 2017 at 4:28 PM).

• Thanks for answer.
    I have really no button and the others methods are my big problem. F.e. "Reboot to recovery" - OK but how ? I do not see this command in Android. Download an app ?

Edited once, last by Foolproof (March 12, 2017 at 4:50 PM).

• Nice, but he needs an app or some way to boot into recovery, after the first boot, it would always boot to libreelec with the card in.

Have you tried?
    It doesn't work?

From the description of the app:
    "What the app does is very simple. it runs the "reboot update" command as root."

Edited once, last by Pelican (March 13, 2017 at 6:34 PM).

• Have you tried?
    It doesn't work?

From the description of the app:
    "What the app does is very simple. it runs the "reboot update" command as root."

I don't know if Foolproof has tried, but if the app just "reboot update" that doesn't mean he can get into recovery, which he needs to do the first time, to get the sd card to boot into libreelec every time after.

Perhaps I have got it wrong, at the moment he can't get to recovery, so trying any of the many apps is worth a try.

• kszaq - So it looks like there were no updated/usable libmali fbdev support drivers in the latest AmLogic Buildroot (Dec 30, 2016)?

Thanks for all your hard work!
    Ken