[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• You can setup Kodi to different languages including Spanish. You need internet connection to do that. See Kodi forums about Settings/Appearance/International/Language.

• Device trees uploaded: Index of /s912/device_trees/

The next build will have some nice performance gain, I managed to sort out proper kenel options for big.LITTLE scheduling. :)

Hi, have you looked inside this source buildroot-openlinux-20160930.tar.gz for fbdev mali lib? I find inside \buildroot-openlinux-20160930\buildroot\package\x11r7\xdriver_xf86-video-mali\src\src source code for mali_fbdev. May be its what you need to make libreelec support amlmogic s912 without libhybris?

• I repeat one more time... there is no fbdev library for S912. No X11 library for S912. No Wayland library for S912. There is only Android lib.

• Device trees uploaded: Index of /s912/device_trees/

The next build will have some nice performance gain, I managed to sort out proper kenel options for big.LITTLE scheduling. :)

I haven't seen any S912 box with 100Mbit LAN, I saw only with gigabit LAN.
    I tried a clean install with gxm_q200_3g.dtb on my H96 Pro 3GB/16GB.
    LAN, Wifi works, but no BT (I can turn it on, but nothing on the BT settings screen), audio OK, 2820MB free memory, remote doesn't work without modifying remote.conf.
    It's not freezing with this dtb, looks more stable.
    I've started to watch a movie (28 GB 1080p mkv, DTS HD MA) and it plays well.

Edited once, last by Pelican (March 4, 2017 at 11:10 PM).

• Amlogic supplies device trees with 100M Ethernet and there's a built-in 100M transciever. I provided them just in case.

Thanks for the info. I wonder if they supply S905X dtb with gigabit ethernet too?
    [hr]
    The movie finished (110 min) without any problem, but after that I walked in the movie library and the GUI has frozen (Kodi restarts automaticly within a minute)
    I tried my 3GB box with the gxm_q200_2g.dtb but LE cannot start at all. It's not a bug but I haven't expected this.

Edited once, last by Pelican (March 4, 2017 at 11:10 PM).

• kszaq I was wondering which s912 box you are using for development. I couldn't locate that info it in your postings. Any chance you would be willing to post that info? My apologies if it is out there, but I am having trouble finding that info. I appreciate the work you have been doing and would like to assist in whatever way I can. If you need a box to test development on let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

• Hello,

I also tried this great new build on a beelink gt1 2/16, all is working fine except some Kodi freeze/restarts (but probably my fault, I didn't provide a dtb - but I have deleted the one on the sd card before first run - and put a libreelec backup from my mini m8s 2, to test dvb and retroarch without configuring something, which can be a little brutal for Kodi ... )

Wifi sharing in AP mode is not working, and lead's to bluetooth issues, but that's "normal" as my ap6255 is not supported by hostapd (but it tried, it case of)

Think I will keep this gt1 in dual boot armbian/libreelec for a while, it seems to work quite well and to be not too badly built (kernel compilation on board under armbian is done in a quite decent time without overheating)

• Device: Zenoplige X99 S912
    Device Tree: Deleted from IMG
    LAN: OK
    WLAN: OK
    BT: OK (tested with a PS3 BT Remote)
    Remote: OK (OOTB)

random crashes in GUI (fast menu maneuvers...) ...CPU0 at 80-90% in GUI
    little artefacts in GUI...but not visible in player....movies already great!

looks promising...great work kszaq!
    ps: is it hard to install jarvis 16.1 into this release....still like yarvis over krypton...maybe you (kszaq) can make a image with 16.1 kodi also?! ;)

Edited once, last by inside (March 5, 2017 at 1:39 AM).

• kszaq I was wondering which s912 box you are using for development. I couldn't locate that info it in your postings. Any chance you would be willing to post that info? My apologies if it is out there, but I am having trouble finding that info. I appreciate the work you have been doing and would like to assist in whatever way I can. If you need a box to test development on let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

I am reluctant to say which box I am using because that would sound like a recommendation. I aim to support as many boxes as possible.

That said the only boxes that I can fully support are branded ones, i.e. WeTek and Minix because these are the only ones with consistent hardware and great support from vendors.

Thank you for your offering. Currently thanks to many coffee donations I have enough funds to buy a box in case it is needed but I think I am doing fine with the hardware I already have.

A kind reminder note:
    S912 will be experimental as long as we have to use libhybris to render the UI.
    [hr]

ps: is it hard to install jarvis 16.1 into this release....still like yarvis over krypton...maybe you (kszaq) can make a image with 16.1 kodi also?! ;)

First I need to sort out a few bugs, then I will consider building Jarvis... Remember that Jarvis is no longer in development!

Edited once, last by kszaq (March 5, 2017 at 9:27 AM).

• I am reluctant to say which box I am using because that would sound like a recommendation. I aim to support as many boxes as possible.

That said the only boxes that I can fully support are branded ones, i.e. WeTek and Minix because these are the only ones with consistent hardware and great support from vendors.

Understandable. Your response is very helpful nonetheless. Thanks again for all your work. I'll be sending you a little more coffee shortly.

• After some more hours of testing (backup restore was fine in fact, nothing seems to be different with or without), I only have ethernet not working with beelink dtd rebuilt by myself (from firmware, not from running Android, so I think beelink has changed something with ethernet, without specifiying dtd, all is correctly dedected).

Always some freezes/restarts of Kodi, cpu is not overloading while playing something, dvb is ok (rtl2832u), so all is quite good from now except those freezes/restarts.

I also tested retroarch : I also have some unexpected restarts.

Tvheadend working fine with m3u playlist source and dvb source.