[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• I don't know if Foolproof has tried, but if the app just "reboot update" that doesn't mean he can get into recovery, which he needs to do the first time, to get the sd card to boot into libreelec every time after.

Perhaps I have got it wrong, at the moment he can't get to recovery, so trying any of the many apps is worth a try.

If you didn't try and don't understand what the app does then you should not post anything....

• If you didn't try and don't understand what the app does then you should not post anything....

yep, you are right, I shouldn't have said anything. "reboot update" gave me the impression, that it would just reboot, after an update. ie after copying a new update into the update folder.

I have now tried it on my S912, & yes indeed it does get into the recovery mode.

So, I now consider myself, castigated.

• I'm a new user of LibreElec, I found this project after looking for an alternative firmware on my new box X-Player.
    Kodi 17 worked pretty well on my Android Marshmallow but sometimes Kodi was stopping video without any reason.

I just tried the alpha 3 version with the gigabit 2GB .dtb file.

So far I could say Wifi AP6330 / Ethernet / Bluetooth / Remote / Remote with keyboard / accessing share samba work nicely.

- Like previously reported in the first post and by other users, I have random freeze and crash of kodi, by playing video or browsing the interface or even doing nothing.

- When starting the box, I could see the libreelec logo, but when Kodi just starts, My TV is loosing the resolution. I have to switch to source again.
    Same bug when playing video.

- The CPU temperature is 131 degres fahrenheit. Is it normal temperature in idle ?
    - Memory used just after start 171MB

Edited once, last by heyyo (March 14, 2017 at 4:08 PM).

• hii i need help

i Installed liberELEC for beelink gt1 S912 With Software And I have not changed the name the LibreELEC working But I have a problem with a network card LAN dont work

Can someone help me thanks

• I tried.
    I have made USB stick with Rufus. I have 3 USB slots, No one is for boot. I tried program "Reboot to LibreElec", nothing.
    I'll have to try a MicroSD card, but I do not one, I do not even cardreader too, I must buy MicroSD with USB access. We see tomorrow.

• I'm excited about the LE development for the S912, but I haven't been able to get the SD card to boot. I have a Beelink GT1 running Superceleron's V8B rom, which is excellent, but does not run some addons (VPN) that LE does. I have tried every method as listed on page 1 with no success. They all boot into TWRP, which is installed with the V8B rom. There is no update app as part of this rom.
    What I am looking for is the original Beelink recovery for the GT1, or another boot method that will allow the SD card to run. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

• I'm excited about the LE development for the S912, but I haven't been able to get the SD card to boot. I have a Beelink GT1 running Superceleron's V8B rom, which is excellent, but does not run some addons (VPN) that LE does. I have tried every method as listed on page 1 with no success. They all boot into TWRP, which is installed with the V8B rom. There is no update app as part of this rom.
    What I am looking for is the original Beelink recovery for the GT1, or another boot method that will allow the SD card to run. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

I couldn't get a microsd to boot, but a usb drive did.
    [hr]

I tried.
    I have made USB stick with Rufus. I have 3 USB slots, No one is for boot. I tried program "Reboot to LibreElec", nothing.
    I'll have to try a MicroSD card, but I do not one, I do not even cardreader too, I must buy MicroSD with USB access. We see tomorrow.

After you made the image on the usb, did you put the correct device tree on it?

When you used the recovery app, what did you select from the recovery menu?

Regarding, the boot from sd, I couldn't get it to boot from sd, so I am booting from usb.

Edited once, last by bubblegum57 (March 15, 2017 at 6:58 PM).

• Sorry, I have not a recovery app. I am waiting now for DHL with microSD card, tomorow will see. Tree is correct, I hope, I have 1 giga net and 3 giga memory, file was renamed to dtb.img.

I have only two choices. Normal press is sleep, long press I see menu Sleep or Restart. "Reload to LibreElec" only asks "Really" (OK or Cancel) and do nothing for me.

• Sorry, I have not a recovery app. I am waiting now for DHL with microSD card, tomorow will see. Tree is correct, I hope, I have 1 giga net and 3 giga memory, file was renamed to dtb.img.

I have only two choices. Normal press is sleep, long press I see menu Sleep or Restart. "Reload to LibreElec" only asks "Really" (OK or Cancel) and do nothing for me.

When I start the reboot to libreelec app, a pop up comes up saying this app needs superuser access, & then I can "allow" the device to reboot. When it reboots I get to the recovery menu with the dead android.

Perhaps your device need root access, but I don't know, for sure.

I couldn't reboot with a microsd card, but my usb did.

• I tried booting LE via a USB stick and had no success. I decided to try the SD one last time after trying the USB stick and LE booted. This was on version alpha 3. Once up and running I had no ethernet and KODI was crashing and rebooting quite often. I updated to alpha 4, ethernet is now working. KODI is still crashing, but less often. I was able to run through a 25 minute video without crashing. Alpha 3 would crash numerous times during the same video. So things are looking better. Note that the speed with LE on the GT1 is much improved. My external drive files load up almost immediately.
    Thanks again Kszaq. Another cup of coffee coming soon.

Edited once, last by doggyofone (March 15, 2017 at 10:44 PM).

• I sucessfully updated to alpha4 by using the method via ssh. It's really awesome to have access to a shell on the box :)

Kodi seems more stable than alpha3.

I was able to add samba share, but scrapping movie and tv show informations at the same, made kodi buggy, and was displaying an empty library.
    Few reboots of the box, and few "update library" fixed the library.

I was able to play some movies properly. fast forward is working great too.

No problem to add opensubtitltes addon.

The remaining annoying issue(except som kodi freeze/crash under high load), is the resolution switch not recognised by the TV, which forces me to switch HDMI source again when booting the box, and when playing movie too.

In system/settings resolution, I could see two resolutions 1920x1080p ?
    Which one are we suppose to use ?

got the same box E-H8. I'm not able to get it rooted (really crazy) and I'm afraid the apk "Reload to LibreElec" requires the root access.
    But I have finally loaded LE using micro SD card. There is reset button (little hole on the bottom). You have to remove card and disconnect from power. Then press and hold hidden button and connect power. Requested menu will appear after a while. Then you can plug in the card and select reboot to boatloader. Don't worry if you see Evolveo logo again LE logo is shown after it. Didn't try much yet with it but first look is great. The best is that frame switching (I've 1080 only) is working fine that was not the case with Kodi under Android. Have played DVD ISO and MKV with both H264 and H265.