[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• are these statements below correct? I just want to be sure if a downgrade is my only option

" people with old Philips/Sony Tv's who use rgb output enforcement via autostart.sh, should downgrade to 8.0.2e (last 8.0.x version) to prevent the screen from switching pink/greenish now and then"

"there is no fix or workaround available (yet) to resolve this issue on 8.1.x version"

Can someone please answer my question please?

I saw on s905x thread someone asked similar question and he needed to switch to 8/10bit and re-enter the resolution.

I was wondering if the same can be done for s912.

thank you.

• In 8.1.7 you can enable suspend/sleep mode manually:

1. Go to \\Configfiles\sleep.conf.d (in Windows) or /storage/.config/sleep.conf.d (over SSH).
    2. Rename sleep.conf.sample to sleep.conf
    3. Open sleep.conf and remove this line: SuspendMode=false
    4. Reboot, enjoy.

thanks kszaq for the suspend tweak! way way better then rebuild every time!

• So is this still current not to buy an S912? What is the disadvantage of an 905X? I like a gigbit an USB 3.0 if possible.

What is the problem with the S912??

Why don't you read the first post carefully?

No Amlogic SoC offers USB 3.0.

Can someone please answer my question please?

I saw on s905x thread someone asked similar question and he needed to switch to 8/10bit and re-enter the resolution.

I was wondering if the same can be done for s912.

RGB mode does not work on 8.1.x versions.

• Kazaq's brilliant efforts have been a godsend for people like me, dumbasses who bought an s912 box not realising that linux driver thingys for the graphics were unavailable. I'm currently running a H96 Pro and I simply haven't noticed any problems. At another location I run an MXQ PRO with an s905 (not s905x or s905w) processor, and this also works well with Libreelec. I really haven't noticed much difference in performance between the two - but I haven't been measuring it. I also haven't been running 4K stuff.

I write software for a living - nothing as low-level as this, but in principle it's similar. I'm impressed with the quality of Kasaq's work, the attention to detail and disciplined approach to releases. All I can say is WELL DONE. I'm glad I wasn't stuck with Android.

• Hi

Does anyone have R-Box Pro Amlogic S912 3+16GB ?

I try all versions include 8.1.7 (2017-09-13) And always the same results:

1) The remote does not work

2) The first wizard always stuck

3) Changes made are not saved in the SD CARD after booting

Does anyone have dtb for R-Box Pro 3GB?

Thanks

Daniel

• Hi Daniel

You have same problems as me on my h96 pro box. Since updating to 8.1.7 the changes aren't saved and storage is stuck in read only mode can't transfer any files.

My box has 2g ram 16gb storage and 1gb Ethernet? Is yours similar.

I Didn't have these problems on 8.1.6.

Bonzo is your h96 pro box same as my specs above?

• i have a similar box and I have/had similar problems.

1. It can easily fixed with editing remote.conf

2. I had to use another dtb to skip the stuck at first wizard screen. After install I can use kszaq's dtb.

3. Sometimes it saves some settings but mostly nothing remains after reboot. .update and folders are always read only.

I haven't reported this because I thought there are more serious problems to solve but now 8.1.7 is almost perfect so maybe it's time to deal with this problem.

Bonzo is your h96 pro box same as my specs above?

No, mine is 3GB ram and 32GB storage. It's one of the reasons I chose it over buying a second s905 that it can deal with 3GB ram.

Oh! and I'm using 8.1.6

Edited once, last by Bonzo: add more info: (September 15, 2017 at 9:18 PM).

• No, mine is 3GB ram and 32GB storage. It's one of the reasons I chose it over buying a second s905 that it can deal with 3GB ram.

Oh! and I'm using 8.1.6

Would you be able to try updating your system to latest 8.1.7 to see if you get same problems.

Make a backup img of your system beforehand.

Thanks

• ...and GPU is kept at 666MHz

Hey wait.. so is it an overclock? Mali-820 is supposed to works at 600Mhz. Let me put my 3 cooler fan 12v to work hard haha

I'm going to update my KIII PRO s912 now.

Hey guys.. to watch DVB-C and DVB-S on Libreelec Kodi.. Is TVHeadEnd better than VDR and others? How you are doing?

• What is the difference between gxm_q200_k3_pro.dtb and the dtb videostrong/acemax/mecool file that has on new firmwares? Are both compatible to install Libreelec? I said it because gxm_q200_k3_pro.dtb looks a little bit outdated (19-Jul-2017 20:05)

Would you be able to try updating your system to latest 8.1.7 to see if you get same problems.

Make a backup img of your system beforehand.

I have a working sd card and I ain't gonna mess with it! But I've got a further sd card on order. When it arrives, which will be over a week away, I'll give 8.1.7 a go and report back if the problems aren't already resolved.

• Hey wait.. so is it an overclock? Mali-820 is supposed to works at 600Mhz.

It's not an overclock. According to datasheet Mali-T820MP3 in S912 goes up to 750MHz (although it's not supported by kernel).

What is the difference between gxm_q200_k3_pro.dtb and the dtb videostrong/acemax/mecool file that has on new firmwares? Are both compatible to install Libreelec? I said it because gxm_q200_k3_pro.dtb looks a little bit outdated (19-Jul-2017 20:05)

Do the vendors provide device tree for LibreELEC? I don't think so.