Posts by Bonzo

With the last couple of development builds from afl1, I'm experiencing occasional screen blanking and sound outage on my mecool kii pro - only for two or three seconds, when watching TV or a movie, after which the video continues as normal - I lose the bit during the outage (the movie keeps playing during the outage). This might happen say 3 or four times in a 2 hour movie.

I have my Mecool KII running afl1's latest test build. It seems pretty good though I haven't tested movies or music, just TV. TV channels play well, without the lip sync problems that the android software gives me (hooray!). There is an issue on pressing the record button during a TV program - or rather when record has been pressed and then the stop button is pressed to stop the recording. It seems that the back end of Tvheadend and the front end get confused. The front end believes it's still recording and throws up errors when you try to shut down. The << and >> buttons seem a little glitchy too.

Hi all.

Guys, could you help me?

I have Mecool Kii pro s2/t2 2g/16g. When I try to load from Libre SD card, device is freeze on the s905 logo.

Where is the problem? Maybe in dtb.img?

By the way. I also have Kii plus device, & libre build working is fine, so I know how make SD images & enable multi boot on the Amlogic.

Yes, that's what was happening to me until I took the gxbb_p200_k2_pro.dtb file from here Index of /s905/8.2/device_trees/S905 and put it on my SD card renaming it to dtb.img and replacing the dtb.img that was already there.

Could anyone point me in the right direction for the corresponding dtb file for Mecool KII pro?

OH it's OK I found it.

Transfer .tar file to /storage/.update and reboot box. For transfer you can use WinSCP or SFTP under ssh session.

Ha! So easy... when you know how!

Well it's a partial success in the sense that I can now see both tuners, whereas before I could only see one. Many thanks for that. But the problem with the continuity errors persists, and seems unimproved, when playing HD and also in SD (although there are fewer in SD).

I have noticed that, in tvheadend on my H96 Pro+, under Configuration=>Stream=>Stream Profiles I see:

audio

htsp

matroska

pass

wheras in tvheadend on my Linux Mint laptop I see:

audio

htsp

matroska

pass

webtv-h264-aac-matroska

webtv-h264-aac-mpegts

webtv-vp8-vorbis-webm

Has this got anything to do with it?

Oh! Playing with this a bit more, I notice that if I use tuner 0 then I get many more continuity errors than with tuner 1. It doesn't alter the fact that it seems to work OK under Linux, but I'm wondering if the tuner's USB is underpowered from the USB slot on the H96 Pro+. I have a powered hub on order so I'll see if that changes anything.

I have an H96 Pro+ s912 TV box on which I'm running the latest version LibreELEC (8.1.10) from th OP of this thread. I've watched moves on it with no problems, and now I'm trying to add live TV. I bought myself a Hauppauge WinTV Dual tuner. Only one tuner is recognised under this version of LibreELEC - I understand that there is a patch which would make the second tuner visible but I'm not clever enough to work out how to install it! In any case from what I can glean, the patch will be pre-applied in LibreELEC 8.2. Correct me if I'm wrong!

LibreELEC helpfully include in their own repository for Kodi back end and front end addons for Tvheadend which I installed on my H96 PRo+ and got running after a fashion. Unfortunately I experienced occasional continuity errors in SD and HD was unwatchable.

I originally thought that this was down to the signal. I had replaced the coax with the modern stuff, installed a masthead amplifier (aerial is in the loft), and messed around with the best position for the aerial. The TV is giving glitch-free performance, the windows software works well on mu dual-boot Windows 10/Linux Mint PC, no glitches there. But there are still glitches using Tvheadend under Kodi/LibreELEC.

So with other arrangements working well, I'm now of the opinion that the signal is probably fine.

Finally I installed Tvheadend (Version 4.2.3-95~g2bc61c904~xenial) on my PC under Linux Mint and used the PC as the backend with the Hauppauge device plugged into the PC. I set up the Kodi front end addon on the H96 Pro+ to point to this back end and hey presto! No glitches even in HD.

So what I want to know is whether I'm simply asking too much of my little H96 Pro+ to run both the back end and the front end, or should this be achievable? From reading around, people seem to be running back end and front end software on the Raspberry Pi. Or is this a software problem - and if so, is it in this version of LibreElec or in the version of Tvheadend?

Would you be able to try updating your system to latest 8.1.7 to see if you get same problems.

Make a backup img of your system beforehand.

I have a working sd card and I ain't gonna mess with it! But I've got a further sd card on order. When it arrives, which will be over a week away, I'll give 8.1.7 a go and report back if the problems aren't already resolved.

Kazaq's brilliant efforts have been a godsend for people like me, dumbasses who bought an s912 box not realising that linux driver thingys for the graphics were unavailable. I'm currently running a H96 Pro and I simply haven't noticed any problems. At another location I run an MXQ PRO with an s905 (not s905x or s905w) processor, and this also works well with Libreelec. I really haven't noticed much difference in performance between the two - but I haven't been measuring it. I also haven't been running 4K stuff.

I write software for a living - nothing as low-level as this, but in principle it's similar. I'm impressed with the quality of Kasaq's work, the attention to detail and disciplined approach to releases. All I can say is WELL DONE. I'm glad I wasn't stuck with Android.