[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• 8.1.10-rc1 in OP. Due to Broadcom driver update I call it a "release candidate", please report any new issues over 8.1.9. Remember that you can always downgrade to a previous 8.1.x build with no data wipe, simply follow updating steps.

• Hi - I just purchased the Minix U9-h and am having trouble installing libreelec linked in the OP.

I installed libreelec on a samsung evo+, and I can get to the Libreelec screen, however an error comes up on the top left that says:

*** Error in mount_storage: mount_common: could not mount LABEL=LIBREELEC_DISK ***

### starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###

sh: can't access tty. job control turned off.

#

I've tried on both the sd card mentioned above, as well as a kingston usb stick I had laying around. Both produce the same error. I'm not sure what to do next. Any assistance?

When I type exit, the same error message comes up.

I am using the correct device tree as well (gxm_200_2g.dtb) renamed to dtb.img

• Would anyone be able to help me with the H96 Pro+ (S912, 3/16) not powering on from its remote, when shut down?

Android (7.1.2) is working fine, so there must be some esoteric setting for LE... Ideas where to look further?

Thanks in advance!

• I have tried with Android remote.conf (did not work at all) and one for H96 from Pelican (which works in Kodi, but cannot power on the box),

but, as I've suspected - will have to build it from scratch, apparently...

• I have tried with Android remote.conf (did not work at all) and one for H96 from Pelican (which works in Kodi, but cannot power on the box),

but, as I've suspected - will have to build it from scratch, apparently...

You cannot solve the power on problem with remote.conf.

You have to change the android (and the botloader with it) to a version which contains your remote's code.

• Well,

it seems that Android ROM/bootloader has it, since it's working there.

How to make it work in LE is the question...

LE really shuts down your box completely. Your default OS does not. That's why waking it up with the remote works in one and not it the other.

• LE really shuts down your box completely. Your default OS does not. That's why waking it up with the remote works in one and not it the other.

:)

But... "Powerkey definition = shutdown" in Android, so it REALLY does shutdown and pass through the whole booting process everytime.

And the remote works! In Android.

In LE - nope!

• :)

But... "Powerkey definition = shutdown" in Android, so it REALLY does shutdown and pass through the whole booting process everytime.

And the remote works! In Android.

In LE - nope!

If it really would have shutdown your box completely it would not be able to act on your remote signal. No matter what you call the button.

• So, you mean it's a sort of a suspend/soft restart?

I admit that I have not looked through the logcats, but the POST process looks exactly the same when I power cycle the box, and initiate shutdown from OS/power on from the remote.

And it's isolated to this H96 Pro+ S912 box, S905/S905X boxes do not exhibit such behavior (LE is internal). ;)

• Hi

I install 8.1.9 & 8.1.10-rc1 on 8G USB drive, use gxm_q200_3g.dtb and replace remote.conf.

Its works perfect and does not freeze at all but work a little slow. :):):)

I try to install the same configuration on 16G SD card and the Storage partition is Read Only.

Nothing works, nothing save after reboot, the device freeze all the time. :(:(:(

What to do?

Thanks

Daniel

• Use an USB drive. Same here.

• 8.1.10 posted in OP. The problematic vsync change from 8.1.10-rc1 is reverted. I also applied some reverts to K-series DVB driver to match @afl1's builds and hopefully fix channel scan for some of you.

A little announcement: I am going for holidays and I won't provide any support for the next 10-14 days.