[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• This is a very impressive project.

I'm embarrassed to say I bought 3 of the A1's (two as gifts) and have felt pretty disappointed at the lack of updates for the glaring bugs from Nexbox.

I've tested out the latest experimental (801l) and I must say it's quite impressive.

I just wanted to say thanks for the efforts on this and look forward to the evolution of a decent system to run these otherwise great little boxes on.

• AMLogic released a new buildroot as of 15 May 2017:

Index of /download/ARM/filesystem/Linux_BSP

What's interesting, the archive is named "..._fbdev_...". I wonder, maybe it contains the /dev/fb support that LibreELEC developers are crying about.

I don't quite get what fbdev support is required? As far as I understand, there's no way to do hardware-accelerated OpenGL via plain /dev/fb interface, am I wrong? So, to get accelerated graphics you anyway will have to use something like X11 drivers or Android drivers. Am I missing something?

• Thanks, I missed this message.

Still, can't get - what kind of interface is needed? Maybe I could help somehow, if I would understand what's required.

• Now you wait until the process is finished. I don't see what the problem is besides that you didn't wait long enough yet.

Please use the dedicated KIII thread for follow-up problems/questions: [8.0.1k] LibreELEC 8.0 builds for KIII Pro (S912)

Make sure you use the device tree from the third post of that thread.

• amazing work kszaq thankyou!! Installs and works great on my mecool m8spro s912 3gb.. only bug I've come across since I installed it is it freezes and requires a hard reboot when I try to fast forward or rewind

Please keep up the good work!!

• amazing work kszaq thankyou!! Installs and works great on my mecool m8spro s912 3gb.. only bug I've come across since I installed it is it freezes and requires a hard reboot when I try to fast forward or rewind

could you please guide me as i have issue.

I have 3gb S912. Please read my post above.

Thanks

• Hi,

First of all thank you for the brilliant work.

I have a zoomtak t8 plus v2 running from an sd card with no problems. I decided I would install to nand even though it is not advised. I have another box I can use if I have problems with this one.

The update to nand went without issues and box works good. The only thing is the clock on the front of the box is not on.

Is there any way to get this working?

Thanks.

• Is there actually a possibility libreelec so to install it is always loaded automatically. If I raise the box?

you can install libre to internal nand and replace android, ssh to box, installtointernal, if you are happy with your setting copy data/user area, once it finish rebootfromnand.

btw inserted car with libreelec should always boot once you did toothpick

• Hello, kszaq,
    I wrote almost from scratch a driver for the LED display of the X92 box. I was planning to adapt the old vfd driver, but ended up with throwing away 99% of the old ugly code.
    The driver currently works with the latest (march 2017) 3.14 kernel, but theoretically should work with the older summer-2016 kernel you're using in LibreELEC. It provides 100% access to display functionality via sysfs - 7 levels of brightness, enable/disable, you can directly modify any bit of the display driver RAM, and also there's support for displaying characters on the 7-segment LED cells (X92 has 4 cells).

Also there's a lightweight daemon (named vfdd) which will drive the LED display. The daemon is pretty flexible and extensible. Currently it can display time, date (like [0501]), temperature (like [t43°]), use the available additional indicators to display disk activity ("USB" blinks when USB drive is read and "CARD" blinks when internal drive is read, for writes it blinks "APPS" and "SETUP" respectively).

Would it be possible to include it in LibreELEC? I can help with integration.
    The current version is here: GitHub - anpaza/linux_vfd: 7-segment LED display driver for Linux based on PT6964, SM1628, TM1623, FD268 ICs

any idea if it will work on T95Zplus?

• I just pass form an S905X to a S912. I use the last version 8.0.1h EXPERIMENTAL.
    I have an issue with TvHeadend, when i watch TV after some time (nearly 1h) i have some artefact on the display. I never have this type of issue with the movie (play form my server on nfs)

I don't what i can try, or monitor to have information on this issue. Thanks for your help

noticed same, also colour distortion, no idea why. im on 8.0.2a-experimental with latest pvr.hts from libre repo

I had a similar problem. When I tried to fast forward or rewind what I was watching would stop. I booted into android recovery I think it is called and done a factory reset and cleared the cache and then installed the build I like and it works perfectly now. This might solve you problem too.