Nuc6cays

• Hi all I have a Nuc6cays and except from the ongoing development with audio pass through I have another small problem which I hope somebody can shed some light I have installed a standalone libreelec version the latest one and seem to have slightly choppy menus nothing major just not smooth like it should be
    I also have a chromebox which the menus are totally smooth and can't see Any reason why the nuc is not the same
    I'm hoping somebody could shed some light on what could be causing this and maybe help with a fix
    Thanks

• Have you disabled sliding animations on your chromebox?

They were enabled by default on my Nuc6cayh, I noticed they weren't as smooth as I'd like so I've disabled them and my menu navigation is smooth & fluid now.

Edited once, last by fTdOmen (March 1, 2017 at 8:56 PM).

• Hi,

I have the same, for some reason unless "Linux" is set in the BIOS as the OS, it runs like a dog. Set to Linux, works fine. I don't have an explanation on what difference this actually makes. Admittedly, I've not tested everything but it was unusable without it.

Ta

KendalBeefcake

• Hi guys , I've a 4K oled tv which I was going to run hdmi directly too and optical from the nuc to my non 4K amp. What are the sound issues guys or should I hold off buying it ?

Edited once, last by Sniffer (March 4, 2017 at 10:30 AM).

• Hi guys , I've a 4K oled tv which I was going to run hdmi directly too and optical from the nuc to my non 4K amp. What are the sound issues guys or should I hold off buying it ?

Last I checked there are issues with 7.1 passthrough (less channels works fine). I'm not aware of any other issues, and the 7.1 has recently been fixed for windows, so is likely just a matter of time before that fix makes it's way to linux / libreelec too.

• Hi all,

I just installed libreElec on this hardware (NUC6CAYS), all is good but no wired ethernet is seen. I have to use wifi.
    Is there anyone with this problem? Seems very strange to me that no one is mentioning this issue, so hopefully I am making something wrong.

Thanks for your support.

• Hi all,

I just installed libreElec on this hardware (NUC6CAYS), all is good but no wired ethernet is seen. I have to use wifi.
    Is there anyone with this problem? Seems very strange to me that no one is mentioning this issue, so hopefully I am making something wrong.

Thanks for your support.

I use wired on the Nuc6cays no issues here have you checked it's enabled in the libreelec Addon? turn off wifi in there and enable wired connection see if that works
    Also can I ask if your menus are totally smooth as mine are slightly stuttery

• I use wired on the Nuc6cays no issues here have you checked it's enabled in the libreelec Addon? turn off wifi in there and enable wired connection see if that works
    Also can I ask if your menus are totally smooth as mine are slightly stuttery

An update: I took the NUC out of legacy BIOS mode and put it back to UEFI; performance seems OK. Unfortunately forced me to blat the hard disk and start again, but it's usuable now..

• Any news regarding the 7.1 Audio passthrough?

Unter Windows 10 I am able to play all kind of Audio (DTSHD, Dolby Atmos, 7.1... whatever). Also I am able to play 4k videos without shuttering.

But I prefer LibreELEC - I have installed current 8.0

Is there a way to activate 7.1 passthrough there too? Maybe a custom build?

It really is a pain! I sold my NUC5PPYH (here all kind of Audio was working with LibreELEC 8.0) to buy a NUC6CAYS because of the HDMI 2.0. But now it does not work as suggested...

• Yes, I already disabled "having DTS-HD" Receiver etc.. now these audio formats are playing (with upmix of course) - but that really is no solution.

Also I do know that Kodi 17 does not support native 4k videos.

But with my NUC6CAYS I am able to play 4k videos with Kodi 17 - but only unter Windows 10... With LibreELEC 8.0 both the same video is stuttery...

I won´t have problems using Win10 instead - but with Win10 my Logitech Harmony Remote does not work as it does with LE. A lot of functions are missing, the NUC does not turn off - just suspends etc...

• Hi all,

Thanks for your support.

I just noticed that I have this issue too.

No wired connection is appearing in the LE addon.

Disabling the wireless nic in the bios > Disabling the Wireless option in the LE addon & rebooting does not bring up any options in LE allowing me to see or enable my Wired nic.

I'll submit a bug report later, the wife and kids are watching tv through the wireless (without knowing there's any issues) at the moment.

• I did a firmware update for the HDMI 2.0 (for which i had to use a windows 10 64 bit installation) which should address some HDMI 7.1 audio issues. But now instead of silence i get loud white noise with DTS-HD-MA 7.1 material. Also the whole interface of LE seems more sluggish...

This Nuc6Cay seems to be the wrong device for LE, or is it possible to tackle this for the development team?

• This Nuc6Cay seems to be the wrong device for LE, or is it possible to tackle this for the development team?

It's brand new, it works well enough for now (especially if you use fritsch's 10bit hevc build) and by the time Leia is out it should work perfectly.

• Hello. Anyone tried to do a SD card install on an Apollo Lake NUC? I tried, and I can get the NUC to boot from the USB installation device, and do the actual installation on the SD card, but when I try to reboot to the SD card it fails with a message that looks like this

Error mount_flash: common error: unable to mount File label=System

Or something like that...

I finally gave up and got it installed on a second USB stick... and it works.... but I can't get it to boot on the SD card. Any idea? I would really like to use an SD card installation...

Thanks