Posts by Mike_the_knight

I thought about posting this as a feature request, but it's really more of a "stop fixing something that isn't broke" request.

Mainline Kodi have abandoned hard-coding audio sync delay hard-code in the advancedsettings file but LE still is doing this.

Specifically this section of the stock advancedsettings.xml is causing problems for me (and probably other users) by introducing unnecessary audio delay for 23.976 content.

Most TVs/AVRs made in the last 5-6 years do not need this kind of adjustment, it would be really helpful if it was removed.

[/code]

hi could you let me know how i would go about removing this please

Hi all,

I just installed libreElec on this hardware (NUC6CAYS), all is good but no wired ethernet is seen. I have to use wifi.
    Is there anyone with this problem? Seems very strange to me that no one is mentioning this issue, so hopefully I am making something wrong.

Thanks for your support.

I use wired on the Nuc6cays no issues here have you checked it's enabled in the libreelec Addon? turn off wifi in there and enable wired connection see if that works
    Also can I ask if your menus are totally smooth as mine are slightly stuttery

Weird, it works perfectly fine here with the xorg.conf file above and LE 8.0.

I recorded two 240fps videos last week to illustrate the difference and posted them here:
    Intel Apollo Lake

As a response to my feedback, the Kodi developer fritsch created a custom build of his HEVC 10bit LibreELEC build with DRI3 enabled and the latest version of Mesa. On my NUCs, this works just as good as stock LE 8.0 + custom xorg.conf file.

You can try this build, as it has DRI3 enabled by default and hence doesn't need any custom xorg.conf file:
    Index of /openelec/hevc10/dri3

Just remove your custom xorg.conf file, download the file LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0.0-dri3.tar into /storage/.update and reboot your system.
    [hr]
    Btw, have you configured your GUI to run in 60Hz? If you choose something lower, you will most likely experience that the menus feel sluggish, but that has nothing to do with DRI3 :)

yes replied to you on the other thread im pretty sure its not a dri issue now as i went back to the alpha build you were originally using and menus are the same sluggish on that build also.
    using my chromebox and the menus are butter smooth maybe a driver/firmware update will sort it but have turned sliding off for now and its better im thinking as its so new then futher development will sort it out.

Make an xorg.conf file in /storage/.config/ with this content :

Code
    Section "Device"
      Identifier  "Device0"
      Driver      "intel"
      VendorName  "INTEL Corporation"
      Option "TripleBuffer" "false"
      Option "TearFree" "false"
      Option "DRI" "3"
    EndSection

TripleBuffer and TearFree options settings are up to you. Better having them set to false for Kodi.

hi i have tried this on my nuc6cays and cant see any difference is there anything else i need to do to get this working as the menus are still sluggish
    thanks

Hi all I have a Nuc6cays and except from the ongoing development with audio pass through I have another small problem which I hope somebody can shed some light I have installed a standalone libreelec version the latest one and seem to have slightly choppy menus nothing major just not smooth like it should be
    I also have a chromebox which the menus are totally smooth and can't see Any reason why the nuc is not the same
    I'm hoping somebody could shed some light on what could be causing this and maybe help with a fix
    Thanks