Another CEC problem

• Let me try to explain:

My RPi3 with LibreELEC is always on and in 7.95.2 it all works, I turn on the TV and in a couple seconds (not immediately) the CEC starts working, I keep pressing some buttons in the remote and than just works, there's nothing to complain here.

After updating to 7.95.3, when I turn the tv on, the CEC does not work, not even after waiting minutes or pressing lots and lots of buttons on the remote, BUT, if I switch the source from the tv from HDMI 2 (where the RPi3 is connected) to another one, lets say HDMI 1, and then get back to HDMI 2, the CEC starts working fine.

The same issue is happening in the 8.0.0.

Let me know which logs are needed to solve this, I'll gladly provide it.

• Known issue which I hope they are planning to fix.

Is caused by latest rpi firmware.

You have two choices.

1. Stay on older version of LE which does not have the issue.
    2. Stay on 8 and just backdate the rpi firmware to the older version. Backup existing files and replace with the ones below on your SDCard.

start.elf?raw=true
    fixup.dat?raw=true

I know popcornmix is aware of it, just not sure who owns this issue and is committed to fixing it.

Thanks.

• I have a windows machine that I ssh into the RPi but I couldn't find where are those two files you mentioned. Can you help me?

• I have a windows machine that I ssh into the RPi but I couldn't find where are those two files you mentioned. Can you help me?

You have to take the SDCard out of the RPi and insert into your PC so that you can modify the contents of the card. Once inserted you should see both of these files in the root directory.

• I had a similar issue. The context menu did not appear after upgrading to 8. I made a custom shortcut from the Guide menu of my Sony remote and it did not seem to work after the upgrade.
    The fix provided here worked like a charm.
    Hope it will be included in the next patch and I won't have to apply it again.

Keep up the good work!

• Correction, the issue is not solved.
    It seems everything is working only when my PI3 is starting up and the TV is on. If I close the TV and open it again I get a message from the TV: Feature not available in current mode.
    I believe this is a different issue than the one reported here. Will investigate further and if needed will open another thread.

• I m having this issue too on my rpi2 running libreelec8..seems like a cec adaptor issue since it was updated...was working fine on LE 7.0.3...just tested another OS not sure if I can mention here (O**C) and it has the same issue so dont think its something coming from libreelec itself...was liking krypton but had to go back to 7.0.3 for now...luckily enough had a backup made with jarvis...hoping for a fix..

• Unfortunately the patch mentioned by stream didn't help on my rp3 with LibreElec 8.0.
    What works for me besides rebooting is to use the Yatsi remote app and press "activate CEC" button.

• Version 8.0.1 still has this problem (turning off my Philips TV with LibreElec running and turning TV on again --> CEC not working until I reselct HDMI-port of my RaspPi3) for me.
    Restoring old CEC-Firmware did not help.
    It worked fine with LibreElec 7 before.

• For Rpi2 users having CEC suspend issues follow this Wake from suspend (CEC)...there's a LE 8.0.1 version with CEC fixed thanks to Opdencamp from Pulse-Eight Ltd. for the code and JimmySmith for compiling this version..
    Use this till an official update..

Edited once, last by Mario77 (April 18, 2017 at 10:26 AM).

• **UPDATE** Going to test this fix asap. thread-7114-page-3.html

Ever since the latest major Libreelec/Kodi up, ate one of my 3 TVs appears to have an issue with CEC and it never had this issue before. I even tried moving one of my other Pi's from a different room in the house and that one which was not having the issue connected to the other TV exhibited the same issue. I thought it was a problem with my TV itself.

My issue may be slightly different from what others here are running into. If I turn my TV off, sometimes when I turn it back on CEC has some kind of issue reinitializing after I turn my TV back on. I've found restarting the Pi fixes this and more recently found that if I just move the HDMI cable to another port it fixes the issue as well. It's pretty bizarre.

Edited once, last by evolart (April 24, 2017 at 5:46 PM).

• My issue may be slightly different from what others here are running into. If I turn my TV off, sometimes when I turn it back on CEC has some kind of issue reinitializing after I turn my TV back on. I've found restarting the Pi fixes this and more recently found that if I just move the HDMI cable to another port it fixes the issue as well. It's pretty bizarre.

Try switching from hdmi to livetv and back. This works for me.

• Try switching from hdmi to livetv and back. This works for me.

My issue must be slightly different as switching inputs to even other CEC functional devices doesn't resolve the issue with the Pi. I have to most the hdmi cable to a different port for it to start working or reboot the Pi.