Posts by stream

I believe that you do not have the correct permission in the subfolder as that structure already existed and was probably created by a different user under OE. If you were to ssh into the LE box and CD into the mount point I bet you cannot create a directory under the same folder.
    Simple solution is in the SSH session to the LE box run chmod +667 /media/myshare/Dir_with_no_access or whatever you mounted it to.

On the QNAP side also make sure ACL permissions are turned off on the share, and that guest has FULL Access which flows down to all folders.

I have a windows machine that I ssh into the RPi but I couldn't find where are those two files you mentioned. Can you help me?

You have to take the SDCard out of the RPi and insert into your PC so that you can modify the contents of the card. Once inserted you should see both of these files in the root directory.

Known issue which I hope they are planning to fix.

Is caused by latest rpi firmware.

You have two choices.

1. Stay on older version of LE which does not have the issue.
    2. Stay on 8 and just backdate the rpi firmware to the older version. Backup existing files and replace with the ones below on your SDCard.

start.elf?raw=true
    fixup.dat?raw=true

I know popcornmix is aware of it, just not sure who owns this issue and is committed to fixing it.

Thanks.

I was going to suggest you make a script to call xrandr however this doesnt seem to be installed in LE.

Something like

This would be a .sh file (make it executable) placed in sleep.d and called on when you resume the machine. xrandr command as above should resolve the sound issue, but you can test that manually first before bothering to try and script it. You will have to track that down though, not sure if its available as an addon or not.

reference - HOW-TO:Create a resume script - Official Kodi Wiki

popcornmix,

I just tested this and it has resolved the CEC issues on my RPi3. Just to confirm this was all working on 7.95.2 so it seems a change in firmware between that and .3 broke it. Out of interest how does this get fixed when it was introduced by a 3rd party?

Many thanks for your help on this

CEC settings haven't changed, that is my setting as well. The only thing that changed was the LE update which broke CEC for me on the RPi3 when powering on the TV, CEC does not function. I don't have another TV to test with, so not sure if it's related to the type of CEC in the TV which is broken in this update, or if all CEC is broken in the RPi since this update.
    [hr]
    Debug logs shows the following when a power off the TV and switch it back on:

08:07:05.766 T:1832907680 DEBUG: GetMappingForDevice - device (2708:1001) mapped to CEC Adapter (type = cec)
    08:07:05.767 T:1832907680 DEBUG: InitialiseFeature - using libCEC v4.0.1
    08:07:05.767 T:1832907680 DEBUG: Initialise - initialised peripheral on 'RPI' with 2 features and 0 sub devices
    08:07:05.767 T:1799353248 DEBUG: Thread CECAdapter start, auto delete: false
    08:07:05.767 T:1832907680 NOTICE: Register - new cec device registered on cec->RPI: CEC Adapter (2708:1001)
    08:07:05.767 T:1799353248 DEBUG: OpenConnection - opening a connection to the CEC adapter: RPI
    08:07:05.767 T:1832907680 DEBUG: Thread PeripBusCEC 1832907680 terminating
    08:07:05.768 T:1807741856 DEBUG: CecLogMessage - Broadcast (F): osd name set to 'Broadcast'
    08:07:05.768 T:1807741856 ERROR: CecLogMessage - RegisterLogicalAddress - vc_cec_set_logical_address(E) returned invalid arg (8)
    08:07:05.768 T:1807741856 ERROR: CecLogMessage - Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
    08:07:05.768 T:1807741856 ERROR: CecLogMessage - could not open a connection (try 1)

I spotted a termination and the log file for the crash log is here - ############### STACK TRACE ################# =====> Core file: /storage/.cach - Pastebin.com

Yes I have the same issue since upgrading to 7.95.3 it seems there must have been some changes to the CEC code. It no longer wakes the soundbar when the remote powers on the TV, and CEC to the TV is then broken, and is resolved by restarting.

I have a RPi3 so it must be affecting a number of people.

Hi Guys,

I recently moved from OE 6.00 to LibreElec 7.02 and noticed that during live TV or watching recorded TV it would degrade after say 5 minutes, or 30 minutes (it's random but frequent). It starts to stutter very badly and is unwatchable. If i reboot the box, all is good until it happens again. It does not seem to affect other means of playback.

I have an ASROCK ION2 using the Generic build, and this issue did not happen on 6.00. So it could be Kodi, LibreElec, or updated Nvidia drivers causing the issue ( narrows it down alot :) )

Anyway In the log file I can see the error message:

20:26:12 T:140527479539456 ERROR: (VDPAU) Error: An invalid pointer was provided.(4) at VDPAU.cpp:1064
    20:26:12 T:140527479539456 ERROR: Decode - avcodec_decode_video returned failure

Looking on google somebody fixed it by disabling VDPAU, but that is not really a solution, as I am pretty sure I do not have the CPU power to decode MPEG. I think it's related to MPEG2/4 playback.

Issue happens right at 8:26. Then it crashes, but I believe that is when I hit stop, and that was more of a symptom of an already buggered up system. Happy to provide more if you need it.

playback stutter - Pastebin.com

TIA