Playback of LiveTV/Recorded degrades after sometime

• Hi Guys,

I recently moved from OE 6.00 to LibreElec 7.02 and noticed that during live TV or watching recorded TV it would degrade after say 5 minutes, or 30 minutes (it's random but frequent). It starts to stutter very badly and is unwatchable. If i reboot the box, all is good until it happens again. It does not seem to affect other means of playback.

I have an ASROCK ION2 using the Generic build, and this issue did not happen on 6.00. So it could be Kodi, LibreElec, or updated Nvidia drivers causing the issue ( narrows it down alot :) )

Anyway In the log file I can see the error message:

20:26:12 T:140527479539456 ERROR: (VDPAU) Error: An invalid pointer was provided.(4) at VDPAU.cpp:1064
    20:26:12 T:140527479539456 ERROR: Decode - avcodec_decode_video returned failure

Looking on google somebody fixed it by disabling VDPAU, but that is not really a solution, as I am pretty sure I do not have the CPU power to decode MPEG. I think it's related to MPEG2/4 playback.

Issue happens right at 8:26. Then it crashes, but I believe that is when I hit stop, and that was more of a symptom of an already buggered up system. Happy to provide more if you need it.

playback stutter - Pastebin.com

TIA