[SOLVED] Can't add NAS folders

• Hi,

I recently changed from OpenElec to Libre. Much better interface. But there is one problem. I cannot add network storage. I want to add my NAS, a specific folder on the NAS. But I can't choose it. I can connect to the NAS and I get to the home-folders. But when I am trying to acess the movies folder nothing happens. I can't open it. Actually I can't open none of the folders except for one. I have changed the permissions so everyone on the network should be able to acess the folder, but still nothing.

How do I solve this problem?

Best regards
    Fiskaren

*Edit: On a RPi 3 and the latest version of Libreelec.

*Edit2: Have tried both NFS and SMB with the same results. Adding the location manually doens't work either.

Edited once, last by fiskaren (March 9, 2017 at 3:54 PM).

• Official Post

Typically with NFS mounts you can only mount the folder listed by the NFS export (unless you specify allow mounting any folder). So you have to use the NFS export as your network location, then you should be able to traverse that folder to select your "source"

• Typically with NFS mounts you can only mount the folder listed by the NFS export (unless you specify allow mounting any folder). So you have to use the NFS export as your network location, then you should be able to traverse that folder to select your "source"

I am kind of noobish with all this. But the strange thing is that I can mount and browse ONE of the main folders. (The "Public" on QNAP FYI). But the rest is not possible. And I have made it so they have same sharing rights and so on.

How do I "use the NFS export as network location"?

• Official Post

On the NAS, the exports file needs to be set with insecure as Kodi needs this to access them.

So something like this: /media/<yourshare> <IP Range>/24(rw,no_root_squash,insecure).

So ssh into your NAS as root, or become root with su -l or use sudo.
    edit /etc/exports (so it has the insecure), save then run "exportfs".
    Restart NFS or reboot.

Also are you accessing ny <name> rather than IP address, if so try IP address, or browsing for NFS shares in Kodi?

• On the NAS, the exports file needs to be set with insecure as Kodi needs this to access them.

So something like this: /media/<yourshare> <IP Range>/24(rw,no_root_squash,insecure).

So ssh into your NAS as root, or become root with su -l or use sudo.
    edit /etc/exports (so it has the insecure), save then run "exportfs".
    Restart NFS or reboot.

Also are you accessing ny <name> rather than IP address, if so try IP address, or browsing for NFS shares in Kodi?

I am pretty noob and did not actually understand much of this. But I am using a QNAP NAS so there is really no need for ssh. I could just use the web-interface.

And well I have only tried browsing NFS on Kodi. But as I said the strange thing when browsing was I could acess one folder but not anyone else, and I have even tried with the same permission-settings. So my last solution will be to transfer all my movies to the acessable folder, but I'd rather not if possible.

• I believe that you do not have the correct permission in the subfolder as that structure already existed and was probably created by a different user under OE. If you were to ssh into the LE box and CD into the mount point I bet you cannot create a directory under the same folder.
    Simple solution is in the SSH session to the LE box run chmod +667 /media/myshare/Dir_with_no_access or whatever you mounted it to.

On the QNAP side also make sure ACL permissions are turned off on the share, and that guest has FULL Access which flows down to all folders.

• I believe that you do not have the correct permission in the subfolder as that structure already existed and was probably created by a different user under OE. If you were to ssh into the LE box and CD into the mount point I bet you cannot create a directory under the same folder.
    Simple solution is in the SSH session to the LE box run chmod +667 /media/myshare/Dir_with_no_access or whatever you mounted it to.

On the QNAP side also make sure ACL permissions are turned off on the share, and that guest has FULL Access which flows down to all folders.

Oh finally I found the problem. The problem wasn't within the "users and group permissions" as they both had the same. But there was another category within the permission settings that I totally missed. The "NFS Host Acess". Changed the allowed IP to "*" and now it works fine, I have acess!

Thanks for all help anyway! :D