S905 builds - general discussion

• Hello,

I'm still in trouble with booting libreelec (.005) from SD resulting in having a different mac adress of the machine on every boot. Looks like that get's randomly created on every boot.

Any hints on how to fix that?

• A95X on 005 hangs on reboot / power off. Any progress on that on next release?

With the new kernel that issue seems to be gone. But before I publish a next build I want to finish some important tasks, I don't want to upload anything half-baked.

• Hi kszaq

I thought I would update you on my experiences with Libreelec. I received my T95N Mini MX+ S905 box form Fleabay this morning. I tried to load Libreelec via the SD method but I kept getting an error message saying 'ttp fault - job cannot be done'. So I then tried flashing via the nand method and this loaded absolutely spot on and smoothly. I downloaded a couple of addons and this too went smoothly and I have just watched the first hlf of the footy in 720 HD and it has been absolutley excellent......no glitches etc, just very smooth. The odd control on the remote does not work but I will try and find a way to fix that.

Overall, very impressed and i will be a full Libreelec convert from OE now.

Many thanks.

Cheers

• Ok, so I've got this problem...I did hard reset to factory default and now when I try to boot I'm stuck at Kodi loading screen. I can't get thourgh SSH as it seems disabled by default. I tried to use USB Burning Tool to bring Android to NAND and start installing LE once again. But with no luck. Tool don't see device :/ Any suggestions? Like - is there a way to interrupt booting to get to the console?

• Hi kszaq

I thought I would update you on my experiences with Libreelec. I received my T95N Mini MX+ S905 box form Fleabay this morning. I tried to load Libreelec via the SD method but I kept getting an error message saying 'ttp fault - job cannot be done'. So I then tried flashing via the nand method and this loaded absolutely spot on and smoothly. I downloaded a couple of addons and this too went smoothly and I have just watched the first hlf of the footy in 720 HD and it has been absolutley excellent......no glitches etc, just very smooth. The odd control on the remote does not work but I will try and find a way to fix that.

Overall, very impressed and i will be a full Libreelec convert from OE now.

Many thanks.

Cheers

OOooops slight fault to report is that once I turn the box off, it will only restart by me pulling the power cord and reinserting back into the box. Is there a fix for this so it will turn on via the remote?

Thanks

• OOooops slight fault to report is that once I turn the box off, it will only restart by me pulling the power cord and reinserting back into the box. Is there a fix for this so it will turn on via the remote?

Thanks

LibreELEC

Please read the contents in above link.

Wait until next build and see the changelog when it is released.

In the meantime version 002 will work for you.

• hello there,

i'm having some issues with my remote of the T95-max. This is the remote:

As told, i copied the original remote.conf from the android installation to root of SD. Some of the keys work, some not. This is the same in Kodi in Android by default, but those keys that don't work initially (for example the INFO key) are useable when using the Kodi-addon "keymap editor". I Press the key (LONG) and Kodi recognizes it so i can assign a function to it. In LE's Kodi, that key (like many other keys of that remote) won't be recognized at all.

I'm pretty sure the cause of this is that on this remote there are 45 keys and in most remote.conf configs i found in here there are less, so they simply don't get remapped anyway.

So, @kzsaq: Can you tell me where and how to insert the mappings for those additional keys so i can use them - or can you check the remote.conf and add the mappings?

Would be nice.

Original remote.conf below.

• I am using the a95x box on the recommended version for booting box from cold. It reboots and shutdowns OK but won't start up after it powers up. Are people using the original remote.conf are the default one with libreelec?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• I'm pretty sure the cause of this is that on this remote there are 45 keys and in most remote.conf configs i found in here there are less, so they simply don't get remapped anyway.

Hello,

I had a similar problem, as I wanted to change some of the keys on my remote. I followed this HOWTO: Ir remote control - WeTek Community Forum

(please note: the link to the Linux header file is wrong, you find the required key codes in linux/input-event-codes.h at master · torvalds/linux · GitHub).

• I am using the a95x box on the recommended version for booting box from cold. It reboots and shutdowns OK but won't start up after it powers up. Are people using the original remote.conf are the default one with libreelec?

LibreELEC

Above link should explain the issue with your box.
    crappy u-boot is an issue with Nextbox which causes power on to fail in LE.

• Ok, so I've got this problem...I did hard reset to factory default and now when I try to boot I'm stuck at Kodi loading screen. I can't get thourgh SSH as it seems disabled by default. I tried to use USB Burning Tool to bring Android to NAND and start installing LE once again. But with no luck. Tool don't see device :/ Any suggestions? Like - is there a way to interrupt booting to get to the console?

You don't need to power the box as the computer usb will do that.

Load up the buring tool > load image > click start > plug in usb into box > plug in the cable to the computer > image should start to flash.

• Hello,

I'm still in trouble with booting libreelec (.005) from SD resulting in having a different mac adress of the machine on every boot. Looks like that get's randomly created on every boot.

Any hints on how to fix that?

You can probably use this udev rule to set the MAC accress, until kszaq gets a chance to correct it permanently

Edited once, last by Poida (August 14, 2016 at 4:46 AM).

• Hello,

I had a similar problem, as I wanted to change some of the keys on my remote. I followed this HOWTO: Ir remote control - WeTek Community Forum

(please note: the link to the Linux header file is wrong, you find the required key codes in linux/input-event-codes.h at master · torvalds/linux · GitHub).

Thank you so far, this reall helps me understanding the system behind.

one question though: if i'm understanding right, only 0-255 (254) are valid key codes. But in my original remote.conf i have entries like

0x16 396

This is the "RED BUTTON" on the remote, scancode results in 0x18c (which is 396 in decimal). Does this mean it is assigned like this:
    #define KEY_MEMO 0x18c /* Media Select Messages */ (which is a "button" assignment) and therefore cannot be recognised properly by kodi as it only reads keystrokes?

And another question: How can i define "long-press actions" in remote.conf - simply add another value to the same ircode but for repeat action? (repeat_key_begin)

Again, thank you.
    [hr]

You can probably use this udev rule to set the MAC accress, until kszaq gets a chance to correct it permanently

Uh.. so i'm not mad. I was really confused as this is the 1st device ever i saw without a fixed mac address

Edited once, last by azido (August 14, 2016 at 10:31 AM).

• Uh.. so i'm not mad. I was really confused as this is the 1st device ever i saw without a fixed mac address

No, you're not mad LOL. Your device actually does have a fixed MAC address, LibreElec looks in known locations for it and generates one if it can't find a legitimate one.
    Your device must be storing the MAC address in a different location than normal.

Using the script will allow you to set the MAC address (which will be applied at each boot) thereby effectively restoring an apparently static MAC address.
    Down the track, a later build will probably fix the issue and the script can be deleted (or not - doesn't really do any harm)

• one question though: if i'm understanding right, only 0-255 (254) are valid key codes. But in my original remote.conf i have entries like

0x16 396

This is the "RED BUTTON" on the remote, scancode results in 0x18c (which is 396 in decimal). Does this mean it is assigned like this:
    #define KEY_MEMO 0x18c /* Media Select Messages */ (which is a "button" assignment) and therefore cannot be recognised properly by kodi as it only reads keystrokes?

And another question: How can i define "long-press actions" in remote.conf - simply add another value to the same ircode but for repeat action? (repeat_key_begin)

Say you wanted to map that red button to 'up'.

In your remote.conf:

Change the '396' to the linux keycode for 'up'.
    That's in the table mmpp linked to:

So you want to replace the line:
    0x16 396
    with
    0x16 103

In simple terms ('cos I have a simple understanding of this!) the first column of numbers in your remote.conf (the ones in hex) is a list of the remote keys, the second column is the list of what they're read as.

Long presses are mapped within kodi, not in remote.conf.

So my keyboard.xml (/storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/keymap.xml) at the moment (it's very much a WIP) looks like this:

As you can see I've used 'longpress' to perform exactly the same action as a normal press - that's to stop key repeats, something I should probably sort out properly. But you can map whatever action you want with the mod="longpress".

Edited once, last by trogggy (August 14, 2016 at 11:08 AM).