S905 builds - general discussion

• As above. I had the same video problem on NAND version on Mini MX 1-8. SD version works well.

Model MiniMX Version 5.1.1
    Android Build s905_107L 1.
    Kernel version ly@ubuntu#1 Wed Apr 20 11:15:09 CST 2016.
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.004 SD CARD

• Guy's
    Can somebody test to see if DOWNLOADS directory is visible Via File Manager.
    I have no way of getting to it after this Update. (I have all files to be shown in my settings.)

It is visible on network via SMB shares. Weird.

• Guy's
    I have no way of getting to it after this Update. (I have all files to be shown in my settings.)

I see it, but only after I added it as new source.

• Or just add Storage as a source and get to it via that.

Tried all the possible paths after browse.
    It was definitely gone. tried root/ and everything . It was gone.
    I even did a hard reset whilst using 004 and it still wasn't there.
    I am about to update again and see what happens.
    Thank you for trying and reading.

• houghtGuy's

Just a thought - does the folder actually exist?
    If it isn't really there you'll still see the samba share in windows.
    If you add /storage as a source (either in kodi's file manager or via samba.conf) does that work (ie you can see other folders in / storage but not /storage/downloads)?

Edited once, last by trogggy (July 19, 2016 at 12:14 PM).

• Just a thought - does the folder actually exist?
    If it isn't really there you'll still see the samba share in windows.
    If you add /storage as a source (either in kodi's file manager or via samba.conf) does that work (ie you can see other folders in / storage but not /storage/downloads)?

I could see all other folders in storage. My Build alredy had storage as a source before the update and after update it was there as well. The same in Home Folder, Root Filesystem it was gone.
    I just updated to 004 again and "IT IS THERE."
    I am completely stumped. It was the update where something went wrong. This is a little concerning.
    Never happened to me before.

• Is moonlight (like with the odroid release) included and if so, anyone tried it yet? How is the input latency, any issues with streaming game @ 1080p and 20mbps using h264 or h265?

Edited once, last by dr.d (July 19, 2016 at 4:11 PM).

• I have this box and was unable to get it to boot from SD. I had no trouble flashing it to the box, but I lost H.265 support.

Scratch that.... H.265 is now working again. Not sure what happened. Did a hard reset and a reinstall.

What firmware did you have on the box? Do you have a link?

I try to flast LE and it sticks on the "Android man" about 30% in. I can flash alternative Android roms via USB Burning but never by toothpick. It will get to the recovery menu but never go through with it. Any ideas?

• Ki Kszaq,
    Thank you very much for this build of LibreELEC. I have it installed on a MiniMX 1gb/8/gb, on nand flash, and it works perfectly for the most part. Memory usage is much lower than with OpenELEC, which is a good thing to have because available memory on this device is rather low. I intend to keep it on this box, but I would like to ask if you intend to provide OTA updates, like the OpenELEC (Alex) developer does? This is very important to me because I give these boxes to family members and they don't know how to update the box manually.
    Thanks again.