S905 builds - general discussion

• S905_107L for sure. I wiped everithing, flashed sd version of latest minimx firmware (s905_107L1_sdcard) and then flashad LE.

Edited once, last by bnj86 (July 16, 2016 at 3:11 AM).

• S905_107L for sure. I wiped everithing, flashed sd version of latest minimx firmware (s905_107L1_sdcard) and then flashad LE.

This one is for kszaq
    I'm out of ideas. But I must admit "I AM RUNNING FROM SD CARD."
    So the truth is we dont have the same set up.

Edited once, last by kostaman (July 16, 2016 at 3:43 AM).

• I have MiniMX with nand version openelec 6.95.3.2
    Possible it update to latest libreelec?
    I mean to nand.
    Or i need sd card and restore android to nand?
    Thanks

I mean to nand.
    Thanks

I had OE on Nand for s805 and just used Update tar to LE.
    You cannot Just UPDATE using this method on NAND from
    OE to LE.
    You must do FRESH INSTALL .zip
    If you can get your Android back to Nand it is much safer so you can test.
    If you cant you have to do fresh install of LE.
    Good Luck.
    P.S: Make a signature like i have at bottom. Helps you when people see what box and version you are on.
    Good Luck

• Thnanks @ kszaq for new build
    Im running NAND build (LE-003) on MXQ Pro (blue board ver. 1.0 Date: 151021)
    DTS-HD MA passthrough work ok through Onkyo receiver
    x265 HEVC playback smoothly

Bug:
    - some remote key not work as function, (i have backup remote.conf from Android), how can i fix it using remote.conf
    - reboot, suspend not work (turn off wifi does not help), i have to replug power to restart

EDIT:
    I attach my log

• OP says power on/off has issues. kszaq is aware of it. We need to give this time to mature and repeating issues that are already marked in the known problems section on the OP isn't necessary.

"This is in a nice tone of voice" not trying to be a dick to you. [emoji4]

Is your suspend problem with your box connected to Wifi. As I remember kszaq said wifi caused some errors with it.

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

• OP says power on/off has issues. kszaq is aware of it. We need to give this time to mature and repeating issues that are already marked in the known problems section on the OP isn't necessary.

"This is in a nice tone of voice" not trying to be a dick to you. [emoji4]

Is your suspend problem with your box connected to Wifi. As I remember kszaq said wifi caused some errors with it.

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

LibreELEC

Turn OFF wifi Suspend works. Turn it ON and it does not.
    kszaq knows this is an issue

I have no idea about these MXQ Pro Boxes but i think they are going to have more variations than the old "S805 All Black MXQ's"

See link above for help.

Good Luck.

Edited once, last by kostaman (July 16, 2016 at 6:31 AM).

I mean to nand.

You need to do 2 things:

• Backup your remote.conf by executing cp /etc/remote.conf /storage/remote.conf.
    • Prepare NAND installation card, edit factory_update_param.aml and delete these lines:

Code
      --wipe_data
      --wipe_cache

After this you should be able to upgrade with toothpick method. If you followed step 2, you won't lose your data.

• Reboot suspend abd power off all work on build 002 all three options are broken on 003, full deals has been posted by me a few pages back?

I've been testing 003 and memory is slightly better but overall build quality of 003 is bad compared to 002. Since besides the reboot and power off issue i have noticed slight sync issues with the audio. I do not believe its the file but rather 003

• I had openelec on nand and I decided to switch to LE (003). I wiped data, restored android and flashed LE using toothpick method.
    When I power on the box (MiniMX 1-8) it starts with 720p resolution (even though the tv is FHD)... but it's not a big problem. The issue is when I try to play a 1080p movie, because I see something like this:

I see something like that also if i try to change resolution to 1080p in settings, but if I give a (blind) confirmation and I reboot the box it keeps the 1080p setting and I have no problem... until I turn off tv and box, because when I power em on again everything starts from the beginning.
    There wasn't this issue on OE.

I had almost exactly the same issue as this last night on LE (003). My box is a V02 20160118 and had been working ok on 003 since it was released (installed to nand). I switched my amp to it last night (it was powered on already) to find the screensaver frozen, and no response from the remote. After I pulled the power and put it back, as it booted my TV showed it connect at 720p/60 whereas it normally intially connects at 1080p/60 (and then switches to 1080p/50 which is what I have set in Kodi). I had the same problem as above with the same corrupt screen, and I too figured out you had to do a blind "Yes" to fix it when changing resolution.

I think I also had this on a second box that I was running from SD (a Sumvision Cyclone 4+). Although this was conected to a PC monitor via HDMI to DVI, I had the same problem with the same corrupt screen,.

Definitely somthing broken in HDMI negotiation in this build.

• Hello, if you are interested you can put this file in .kodi/userdata/keymaps in which I've remapped like you ask and it was on openELEC the long press menu for codec info and log press power button for rebooting from nand.

Thanks, I'll try it later.

Enviat des del meu D5803 usant Tapatalk

• Hello, thanks for the work on this. I have an MX Plus TV Box, running this from SD card. It runs very smooth. HD audio works, it's nice to actually see the word "Atmos" on my receiver. It plays 4K 10bit HEVC but I'm not sure if it's smooth yet, because the sample I have appears to be in slow motion, so it's hard to tell if the video plays at the speed it should.

A bug I found is with AAC sound, only 2.0 channel AAC works, with 5.1 and 7.1 AAC there is no sound.
    I had a loud popping sound followed by a little less loud pop 1 second after when starting movies, but I can't reproduce that now.
    CEC doesn't work. No big deal because my box has a remote control. Also interesting; I plugged in a generic IR USB dongle belonging to a PC remote and it worked. Good because the remote control that came with the box is too weak to go through the glass door of my A/V cabinet from couch distance, the PC remote does.

Edited once, last by GP2006 (July 16, 2016 at 1:18 PM).

• Kszaq,

Thanks for your hard work!!!

Here is my experiance:
    I tried LE 7.0.2.003 SD CARD on Mini MX 1-8 with 103L Android firmware, it worked but the remote did not. I downloaded Alex remote.conf and it worked. Next I tried to put LE in NAND. This failed, Android Droid fallen over, tried to reapply aml_autoscript, did not work.
    Next I tried update Mini MX to 107L SD version, again Android Droid fallen over, but eventually deleted old data (I think) and could install 107L. Now I installed LE 7.0.2.003 SD CARD. It is working, and the remote control worked straight away!

The remote does not work on power ON (if I read correctly this is a known issue). What I discovered as my red MXQ S805 with your LE 7.0.1.4 NAND was next to Mini MX, the MXQ switches ON when I press the Power On on Mini MX remote. The Mini MX remote does not do anything on my red MXQ S805 with your LE 7.0.1.4 NAND just powers on the MQX, no other button works (as it should not). Maybe this helps to solve Power On issue.

Model MiniMX Version 5.1.1
    Android Build s905_107L 1.
    Kernel version ly@ubuntu#1 Wed Apr 20 11:15:09 CST 2016.
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.003 SD CARD

Edited once, last by anemeth (July 16, 2016 at 3:15 PM).

• I tried the sd version... and the issue seems not there.

• Two questions:

1. " Before using my builds I strongly recommend to install original Android firmware to internal memory to make sure you have a proper device tree " I am not sure what this mens? Does it mean to just make sure that you have Android on the device before you start? I just got my box and it has Android on it... Is that enough?

2. I would love to just try this, but is there a way to go back to the stock Android if for some reason I do not like it?

I have a MXPro 4k with Amlogic S905 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 I think? :)

• 1. " Before using my builds I strongly recommend to install original Android firmware to internal memory to make sure you have a proper device tree " I am not sure what this mens? Does it mean to just make sure that you have Android on the device before you start? I just got my box and it has Android on it... Is that enough?

Yes, this is enough. The point is to have original factory firmware on NAND to ensure that you have a working device tree.

2. I would love to just try this, but is there a way to go back to the stock Android if for some reason I do not like it?

Run LE from SD. When you take it out, your box will boot into Android.

I tried the sd version... and the issue seems not there.

I think the issue might be that you had wrong default framebuffer resolution in device tree. For the boxes with issue this was fixed in .003 aml_autoscript but you'd have to re-apply the script. Now that you applied the script for SD installation, NAND version may run OK. I am aware that issues are still there. I hope they can be addressed at least to some degree when I apply updates from latest Amlogic kernel release.

Edited once, last by kszaq (July 16, 2016 at 9:44 PM).

• tried to set this with putty:
    echo "SWAP_ENABLED=yes" > /storage/.config/swap.conf
    And it does not work.
    with alex build it work just fine.

kszaq please help me

In short : it is standard UNIX practice.
    Myself I made a swap partition on external sdcard (it became /dev/mmcblk0p3)
    Usually I take swap space 2x size of RAM.
    Then, specific to ELEC, one would add to /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Code
    # swap
    [ -e /dev/mmcblk0p3 ] && swapon /dev/mmcblk0p3