S905 builds - general discussion

• Great job!

I'm seeing some improvements but it's not yet fixed. I think I'll roll out a build with a test fix for 4K output first.

Dam keep at it, that and 4K output will really change the game for 1gb devices.

• Update on bluetooh audio issues:

It's perfectly working without any perceptible delay on my Mini MXIII (rev20c too) with the CSR BT dongle (internal not detected).

So, I think the problem should be related with MiniMX 1GB internal BT driver. It seems as it being attached with too low UART speed to support audio streaming, but I don't know how to check the UART baudrate.

Enviat des del meu D5803 usant Tapatalk

• Audio is normal. And the 540p channels are normal, too.

The same configuration makes no problems on my generic LibreELEC-device (Intel Nuc N2830) and on a Raspberry Pi3 with LibreELEC.

Anyone an idea

Does the same channel play well if you connect to an external PVR server - like you said you watch channels from TVHeadend server from your Rpi? Can you also provide a log collected after playing a few seconds of that channel? I can't promise I'll help as DVB is a bit black magic to me.

• kszaq

Regarding bluetooth audio on MiniMX 1GB, indeed it was connecting at default speed of 115200 bps, not enough for audio streaming.

Changing the line:

Code
    ExecStart=/usr/bin/brcm_patchram_plus --patchram /lib/firmware/brcm/%I.hcd /dev/ttyS1 --enable_hci --no2bytes --tosleep=50000

to:

Code
    ExecStart=/usr/bin/brcm_patchram_plus --patchram /lib/firmware/brcm/%I.hcd --baudrate 2000000 /dev/ttyS1 --enable_hci --no2bytes --tosleep=50000

in file "/projects/S905/packages/linux-firmware/brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml/system.d/[email protected]" completely fixed the issue. Could you add this patch on future releases, please?

*It seems max supported baudrate is 4000000, but I had a complete lock of bluetooth device after using this speed for some minutes. I've tested 2000000 for more than half hour and got clompletely clear sound with no perceptible delay or sync problems.

**Also, FYI, power button on MiniMX 1GB correctly sets de device to suspend mode (red light and instant start-up after pressing power again). Shutdown and reboot through power menu also working fine. I've not tested other options.

• Could you add this patch on future releases, please?

Thank you! I have added this change for the next build.

Also, FYI, power button on MiniMX 1GB correctly sets de device to suspend mode (red light and instant start-up after pressing power again). Shutdown and reboot through power menu also working fine. I've not tested other options.

Actually it does as long as you don't use WiFi. When you start using WiFi, there will be suspend and reboot issues. I have not found a fix yet.

I started buiding 7.0.2.003 release. For those who can't wait, here's a development build which will become 7.0.2.003: 2016-07-13

• Thanks, overnight build succeeded using following recipe:

Code
    git clone https://github.com/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv.git
    cd LibreELEC.tv
    git checkout -b 7.0.2.002 7.0.2.002 # create branch for this tag 7.0.2.002
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 make -j13 amlpkg
    (optional: (for my DVB-T stick))
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon pvr.hts
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon tvheadend

I'll test results soon (perhaps later this evening).

I tested both my and your (kszaq) image (dd-ed to SDcard):
    both end up with "SH: can't access tty job" and, more explicitely also "failure to mount (or find?) /dev/mmcblk0p2"
    (not sure about that 2nd message, did not write it down).
    I toothpicked both again to no avail.
    In any case: when I boot (alex or mine 6.95.3.2) OE from external SD then /dev/mmcblk0p2 is second (storage) partition on external SD, so I guess something relates to dtb.img.
    Note that I have up to date stock Android on internal SD (/dev/mmcblk1p when booted into OE from externel SD).
    I tried by replacing kszaq's by alex's aml_autoscript and adding alex's dtb.img on first (vfat) partition, but that gave same console messages. If I then applied toothpick method, some "unknown filesystem" message appeared. Perhaps I should try only adding alex's dtb.img (there was no kszaq dtb.img on first (vfat) partition) and leaving kszaq's aml_autoscript as is. Perhaps I should connect USB keyboard and type some Linux commands (e.g. to see what /dev looks like).
    But before trying some things further, I'd like to ask: does the above ring a bell to someone? Because I am somewhat but not toroughly familiar with the uboot details.
    All bove experiments have not affected correct Android (intern) and OE (extern) functionality (great!).
    For all clarity, I have a dedicate separate SD card to experiment with LE, reinserted OE one and everything fine.
    I am sure soon this all just a minor issue to be addressed. But then, which one ?

• I've been using alex's openelec and twiddif's LE8 - both with the same aml_autoscript.
    I found Kszaq's LE wouldn't boot with that (and gave the 'can't access tty error) but all 3 will boot with the aml_autoscript in the first post here (after re- toothpicking).

• for @nofantasy problem try to boot to alex's oe then ssh to the box then cast the command reboot recovery, the box will goto recovery menu then retoothpick again with kszaq's le :), mine successfully using that method

Edited once, last by 2ami (July 13, 2016 at 1:13 AM).

• I've been using alex's openelec and twiddif's LE8 - both with the same aml_autoscript.
    I found Kszaq's LE wouldn't boot with that (and gave the 'can't access tty error) but all 3 will boot with the aml_autoscript in the first post here (after re- toothpicking).

@troggy
    Thanks so much for help. Which exact aml_autoscript are you referring to?
    you mean the one inside LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.002.img or the one from LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.002.zip (perhaps they are equal) or yet another one? I may be blind but do not separate see aml_autoscript download in 'the first post here' :)
    [hr]

for @nofantasy problem try to boot to alex's oe then ssh to the box then cast the command reboot recovery, the box will goto recovery menu then retoothpick again with kszaq's le , mine successfully using that method

2ami
    Thanks so much for help. Are you eventually running kszaq's LE from external SD?
    If I boot recovery that way (when booted into alex's OE from external SD and "reboot recovery"), should I take out SD and insert kszaq's LE one while still in recovery to next retoothpick? Sounds a bit scary but if it works, OK ...

(note: I have Mini-MX-G 2GB/16GB RAM/Internal-SD)

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (July 13, 2016 at 2:13 AM).

• Thank you! I have added this change for the next build.

Actually it does as long as you don't use WiFi. When you start using WiFi, there will be suspend and reboot issues. I have not found a fix yet.

I started buiding 7.0.2.003 release. For those who can't wait, here's a development build which will become 7.0.2.003: 2016-07-13

The reboot/suspend issue with WiFi is it just on the Mini MX or generic issue with all boxes?

YAY new build, more bug fixes :)

Edited once, last by JonSnow (July 13, 2016 at 2:05 AM).

• @troggy
    Thanks so much for help. Which exact aml_autoscript are you referring to?
    you mean the one inside LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.002.img or the one from LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.002.zip (perhaps they are equal) or yet another one? I may be blind but do not separate see aml_autoscript download in 'the first post here' :)
    [hr]

Sorry, I had a dim moment there - not very clear, I'd forgotten where it came from.
    I downloaded LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.001.img.gz from the first post, extracted, wrote it to sd and the aml_autoscript file pops up in the fat partition.
    I'd assume that file is identical across all the downloads.

Edited once, last by trogggy (July 13, 2016 at 2:35 AM).

• Actually it does as long as you don't use WiFi. When you start using WiFi, there will be suspend and reboot issues. I have not found a fix yet.

Hi kszaq

I want to bring to your attention a bug in the MiniMX which has only occurs when the box has been un plugged totally from power supply.
    I want to stress ONLY when the box has been un plugged.

This is a BUG that i have had since the Dev builds and i have done a Factory re set then ran Android alone WITHOUT LibreELEC to isolate any issues that may have possibly been caused by the SD card flashing of LibreELEC.

I can confirm that i am using Android Build Model MiniMX Version 5.1.1
    Build s905_107L 1. Kernel version ly@ubuntu#1 Wed Apr 20 11:15:09 CST 2016.

The following issue occurs when the box is un plugged from its power supply.

When plugged back on (Ethernet cable plugged in) it powers up as normal but no Ethernet CONNECTION IS RECOGNISED.
    In settings under Device there is a Wifi tab instead of Network . I've tried plugging ethernet cable in and out but nothing happens.
    On some occasions the wifi has turned off in the settings and other times i have to just choose my available network to connect. Not prompted to re enter password.
    Connecting to wifi network works and i then use "power off" or "reboot" via power button which when the box comes back
    It has connected to Ethernet. This is the only way to get Ethernet Back. The only sequence that gets Ethernet back.
    Once it is back i can go back to Settings and under device column the Network tab is back.

Now for the bad news with LibreELEC is that when this Happens i can connect to wifi and reboot but it does not bring back Ethernet.
    Also in LibreELEC settings the Wired connection has gone as an option (Same issue as Android).
    The only way to get back Ethernet whilst in LibreELEC is to Reboot to nand and get it back following the above steps.

This never happens if the box has its power supply always on.

Tried hard to cover all the variables.
    Thanks.
    [hr]

I think coppying the <DialogButtonMenu.xml> from </usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence> to </storage/.kodi/addons/http://skin.XYZ/720p> only works without mistakes, if the design of the installed skin is very close to the Confluence Skin. I mostly prefer to use the Xonfluence-Skin  on my devices (former "Confluence Customizable Mod"). This is nothing elso than a confluence skin, wich you can customize to your needs and your preferences. I guess this is the reason, why it works with my skin without mistakes.

Thanks Mark
    AppTV skin is very different to Confluence and i am one file away from fixing this.
    The skinner is helping me out on this one.
    Cheers.

Edited once, last by kostaman (July 13, 2016 at 3:43 AM).

• I tested both my and your (kszaq) image (dd-ed to SDcard):
    both end up with "SH: can't access tty job" and, more explicitely also "failure to mount (or find?) /dev/mmcblk0p2"
    (not sure about that 2nd message, did not write it down).

The only time I recall seeing that message is when the initial ramfs fails to load the system file.

I toothpicked both again to no avail.
    In any case: when I boot (alex or mine 6.95.3.2) OE from external SD then /dev/mmcblk0p2 is second (storage) partition on external SD, so I guess something relates to dtb.img.

Alex's and my builds have the partitions encoded in the kernel. Kszaq has taken a different approach. He copies the insystem dtb file into memory, patches it inmemory and sets the boot parameters based upon sdboot or not, all from within his aml_autoscript. His script has to run, you can not just load his kernel.img seperately

If you've initialized 150balbes's S905_autoscript, you should just be able to rename the aml_autoscript to S905_autoscript.

• You have have to go back to stock Android for the autoscript to apply, in my case i had to use the Backup&Upgrage app in Android.

That was the only way Kszaq LE booted for me, if i just flashed from recovery I always got "SH: can't access tty job", toothpick method does not work on my board because the switch isn't solder properly.

@all with the MiniMXIII what are your cpu temps like under heavy load with LE? Curious to know if it may need some modification to keep it cooler since i plan to hide it behind my TV with poor ventilation.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (July 13, 2016 at 4:39 AM).

• Hi Kszaq,

Thanks for the S905 LE build, I've tried it on SD card with my miniMX-2G, everything works great except the internet content streaming.

I've noticed that it is very slow on starting of the online content streaming, but once it is started to play then everything seems just fine. This includes Youtube, Vimeo, internet radio etc, in fact anything from the Internet. The content (video or Audio) loading would take like 10 to 15 sec. There is also a long gap (loading next) between titles if playing from the playlist, such as Youtube playlist.

The slowness I've noticed starts all OE/LE builds which have Kodi 16.x integrated. Kodi 15.x on OE/LE hasn't got this issue. Kodi 16.x on Android (same box) hasn't have this either. They all start almost immediately, like 1-2 sec.

I've attached the debug log here, could you please have a look to see anything can be improved, thanks!

2ami
    Thanks so much for help. Are you eventually running kszaq's LE from external SD?
    If I boot recovery that way (when booted into alex's OE from external SD and "reboot recovery"), should I take out SD and insert kszaq's LE one while still in recovery to next retoothpick? Sounds a bit scary but if it works, OK ...

(note: I have Mini-MX-G 2GB/16GB RAM/Internal-SD)

yup i'm running sd card, you are correct, i did the same way, once you are in recovery menu, replace sd card to K's LE, choose reboot, then toothpick
    i think once we got to recevery menu the previous toothpick aml_autoscript has been reset, cmiiw

Edited once, last by 2ami (July 13, 2016 at 6:42 AM).

• I tried my KI plus on my main setup and it seems that audio passthrough is not working on live TV (works for movies or tv shows). The sound is supposed to be ac3 5.1 or 2.0. I tried disabling audio passthrough but of course, as written in first post, multichannel PCM is not working for the moment so I reverted back to my RPI2.