S905 builds - general discussion

• Here is some more feedback for build 002 on an MXQ Pro 4K, all test were done on an LG 1080P 3D TV and a AVR.

CEC = Working
    DTS = Working
    DTS-MA = Working
    3D = Working
    2160P HVEC @60fps = Working
    2160P H264 @24fps = Working
    2160P H264 @29fps = Working
    2160P H264 @30fps = Working
    2160P H264 @60fps = Shutter and audio out of sync
    CanalPlus_UHD_Astra = Black Screen

Not sure why my first 60fps HVEC works, only difference is the bitrate 18 vs 28. hehe i guess my MXQ does not have the s905 C revision processor

Edited once, last by JonSnow (July 12, 2016 at 4:43 AM).

• I have a mini mx, the bluetooth which is an ap6212 connects to my headphones but the sound stutters and can only be heard every 2 or 3 secounds.
    I have tried a keyboard and it works.

any ideas?

• I have a mini mx, the bluetooth which is an ap6212 connects to my headphones but the sound stutters and can only be heard every 2 or 3 secounds.
    I have tried a keyboard and it works.

any ideas?

EDIT: forget what I've said it's due to my stupid headset that now is dead :(
    Sorry for my first answer it is the same as you described also for me, my first headset doesn't connect the other sounds stutter

Edited once, last by anthontex (July 12, 2016 at 10:20 AM).

• that one isn't supported, is it?
    Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X

With current kernel the builds probably won't work with S905X. After kernel update - who knows?

CanalPlus_UHD_Astra = Black Screen

This I'm trying to fix but have had not much luck. I'm now trying to update kernel to May Amlogic release as it seems to cope better with 4K content and has better memory management.

I have a mini mx, the bluetooth which is an ap6212 connects to my headphones but the sound stutters and can only be heard every 2 or 3 secounds.

There is a fix for that that I applied for S805 devices and maybe it would also work for S905 but it also needs to be checked for regressions. If this fix doesn't break other audio playback paths, you'll see it in the changelog.

• Hi,

I'm using the latest build on an Acemax KI plus using an old 720p TV as display. The latest build fixed all the issues I had when switching resolution and/or framerate and resuming display when switching the display off and on.

The "adjust Framerate to Display" setting is working and I've never seen a playback so smooth on this old display.

I tried 1080p 24p/50p x264 and x265 and live tv (1080i) using TVHeadEnd on a RPI V1 as backend.

So far so good, keep up the good work!

Actually it's so good that I'm considering using it on my main setup instead of the RPI2 I'm using but I have to make it work with my logitech harmony remote.

Edited once, last by cyberden (July 12, 2016 at 11:20 AM).

• Can you waytch live tv from tvheadeend 4.2 on k1 plus? Which tvheadend version you are using. I tried tvheadend 4.2 from le repo no dvd adepter on tvheadend settings menu.

• Actually it's so good that I'm considering using it on my main setup instead of the RPI2 I'm using but I have to make it work with my logitech harmony remote.

I'm just in the process of trying this, but I've been using Alex's OE and twiddif's LE builds on a mini mx iii with a harmony and a remote.conf for a pivos xios ds. Works pretty well, gives plenty of buttons and you also get discrete power on / off (rather than toggle).
    The remote.conf could probably do with a tweak, but I haven't got around to messing with it yet...

Edited once, last by trogggy (July 12, 2016 at 11:52 AM).

• I like the function "reebot to nand" in kszaqs shutdown-menue, but I prefer the use the Xonfluence skin (former Confluence Customizalble Mod). Unfortunately the shutdown-option "reebot to nand" is not avilable with the Xonfluence skin. I could fix this, whwn I deleted the <DialogButtonMenu.xml> in the Xonfluence-Skin and coppied kszaqs <DialogButtonMenu.xml> from </usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence> into in the Xonfluence-Skin </storage/.kodi/addons/skin.xonfluence/720p>.

Cheers
    Mark

Hi Mark

Thanks for sharing the file path instructions to activate a "reboot to nand" in the power options menu.

I did exactly what you did and all the option texts came up and all would work when pressed.
    They only appear individually one at a time if i scroll down or up not all together with a background.

I use the APP TV skin with icons on home page and a QUIT Icon is the shutdown option.
    As soon as i hit the quit icon i can see (Text Only) "Power off system" ONLY Immediately on the screen. without colour background. I scroll down 1 Click and and i can see (Text Only) "shutdown timer", again the same Suspend, Reboot, Reboot from NAND.

Is there something extra you did or is it lucky your skin pulls the same Background Graphics File used by kszaq

Just asking if maybe you forgot a step.

I will shoot something off to the skinner but just thought I'd ask you as well.
    Thank you.
    Kostaman

Edited once, last by kszaq (July 12, 2016 at 1:46 PM).

• EDIT: forget what I've said it's due to my stupid headset that now is dead :(
    Sorry for my first answer it is the same as you described also for me, my first headset doesn't connect the other sounds stutter

Maybe your headphones are broken, but it's doing the same with my Sony SBH20 headset. It's a little better if I disable internal BT through SSH and connect my CSR BT4.1 dongle, but still with huge delay.

I hope it can be fixed on newer builds.

Enviat des del meu D5803 usant Tapatalk

• Running it from SD Card on my K1Plus S905 1GB Ram Device. Everything running smoothly so far. The remote issue? No problem.. I have a Logitech k400 keyboard and the Yatse apk remote on my phone... Thanks for this build awesome....

SentFromMyLinuxMINT Phone

Edited once, last by Nemsis72 (July 12, 2016 at 3:30 PM).

• Maybe your headphones are broken, but it's doing the same with my Sony SBH20 headset. It's a little better if I disable internal BT through SSH and connect my CSR BT4.1 dongle, but still with huge delay.

I hope it can be fixed on newer builds.

Enviat des del meu D5803 usant Tapatalk

Yes sorry when i edited I cut part of the message: my first headset didn't work but was due of itself. The second works as you described;)

• Running it from SD Card on my K1Plus S905 1GB Ram Device. Everything running smoothly so far. The remote issue? No problem.. I have a Logitech k400 keyboard and the Yatse apk remote on my phone... Thanks for this build awesome....

SentFromMyLinuxMINT Phone

Did you try tvheadend for watching tv. I have problem dvd adepter noot seen in tvheadend menü

I dont know how can ı fix this.

• Can you waytch live tv from tvheadeend 4.2 on k1 plus? Which tvheadend version you are using. I tried tvheadend 4.2 from le repo no dvd adepter on tvheadend settings menu.

I can and it's working great however, my tvheadend backend is on a RPI 1 running the latest LibreElec stable. I didn't try to install the tvheadend backend on the KI plus itself.

• I can and it's working great however, my tvheadend backend is on a RPI 1 running the latest LibreElec stable. I didn't try to install the tvheadend backend on the KI plus itself.

I can not run tvheadend 4.2. No module found. I dont know there is a missing driver or tvheadend is incompatible with k1 plus dvb module's avalink avl 6862

• Did you test also TRUE-HD?
    It works?
    Thanks.

• I dont know there is a missing driver or tvheadend is incompatible with k1 plus dvb module's avalink avl 6862

You clearly haven't read the first post with attention. Internal DVB tuners are not supported and will not be. Reason: no driver source that I can compile from.

Edited once, last by kszaq (July 12, 2016 at 1:47 PM).

• You clearly haven't read the first post with attention. Internal DVB tuners are not supported and will not be. Reason: no driver source that I can compile from.

Hmm.

Some device have dvb onboard. İt is a lack. İmportant lack. Am very upset. Your work is very succesfull everthing is working very well. How ı can solve dvb driver problem. Give me a hint

• mark-aus-51 and JonSnow i've noticed that in my "information menu" i have this:

but in one of your screenshot (on post 8 page 1) mark-aus-51 you have rev 020c just curious if it's the processor revision, so revision c or the board revision. Does the Canal+ video works for you?

For the "Reboot from Nand" i've adopted an alternative solution, when i "long press" the power button the box instead of suspend reboot from nand: if you are interest put this file in .kodi/userdata/keymaps

Edited once, last by anthontex (July 12, 2016 at 2:06 PM).