S905 builds - general discussion

• Hello,

Same here I have received a Transpeed 2GB/8GB with 1Gbps LAN and the device don't boot with your .dtb file.
    The NIC speed is 100Mbps in LibreElec and storage partition and memory are not exact.

• Possible - maybe. But it's not an easy task as we use older kernel than Generic and RPi and including these drivers may need some backporting work. And I don't know if they will work at all.

• Possible - maybe. But it's not an easy task as we use older kernel than Generic and RPi and including these drivers may need some backporting work. And I don't know if they will work at all.

I see, so it is possible but can be difficult. I hope it not so hard to inegrate and finally my mediacenter will be ready :cool:

• Hi folks,
    first of all, thanks a lot for the work being done here.
    As i have Beelink Mini MXIII, Nexbox N95X (with S905) and another Mini M8S 2G, i'd like to test your build first on Mini MXIII.
    Which version/build is the most stable one for Mini MXIII.

Thanks again for your awesome work. (Do the devs accept donation?)

• As i have Beelink Mini MXIII, Nexbox N95X (with S905) and another Mini M8S 2G, i'd like to test your build first on Mini MXIII.
    Which version/build is the most stable one for Mini MXIII.

SD Card Installation is imperative to test and make sure everything works before installing to internal memory if that is what you intend on doing.

Development version #393
    You can try this as well as it addresses some memory leaks and av issues.

• Dear kszaq,

Thank you for your work! I use Beelink MiniMXIII with LibreELEC 7.0.2.006 everything is good, back button, CEC also. I know YCbCr is recommended but sometimes I prefer Full RGB particular when I'm watching bright scenes in a dark room. My TV knows Full RGB=Teljes. I use it in Movie Mode and I can't set the right contrast. In Game, Normal, Dinamic Mode contrast is OK but colors are not natural. Is it possible to set Full RGB in LibreELEC like in Windows Kodi? One more thing. What is the default Time Server in LibreELEC 7.0.2.006? It always forgets the date/time. I set to time.nist.gov now works fine. And now it has forgotten the date/time again.

Thank you again! Gábor

Edited once, last by Gábor (October 26, 2016 at 1:31 AM).

• Gábor you can force RGB output by using echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb in SSH. You can also add this command to autostart.sh. This command works fully only in 7.0.2.008 build and latest dev builds.

Most if not all S905 devices don't have a working RTC and will forget date and time and have to get it from a time server at every boot.

• Gábor you can force RGB output by using echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb in SSH. You can also add this command to autostart.sh. This command works fully only in 7.0.2.008 build and latest dev builds.

Most if not all S905 devices don't have a working RTC and will forget date and time and have to get it from a time server at every boot.

Thank you kszaq! This is Full RGB? Maybe Amlogic devices knows only YCbCr, Limited RGB?

After that there is no problem with date/time. PuTTY User: root Pass: libreelec

nano /storage/.config/autostart.sh

(
    rdate -s nist-time-server.eoni.com
    ) &

Edited once, last by Gábor (October 26, 2016 at 2:23 PM).

• Hi, i'm trying ti workaround the wakeup after suspend and i'm stuck with this problem: i cannot assign "stop" to the cec "power off" signal.
    I tried to change the remote.xml but it will be ignored in function of the setting in 'system-cec' (shutdown-poweroff-ignore).
    It's possible to add a fourth option "stop" for leave the box on but be sure to don't keep playing live TV.

• Tyler Durden I use WeTek Hub as my main device. I also have an Odroid C2 and two other boxes for development that I can't recommend buying. By "can't" I mean I don't think they are good enough to be recommended.
    [hr]

So, my question is : is there a future (close) build which may restore this or should I try an older build ?

Yes, there is a development version that solves this issue: 2016-10-28

Edited once, last by kszaq (November 1, 2016 at 7:53 PM).

• Has anyone with mk808b pro (amlogic s905 stick) succeeded with installing LibreELEC to NAND?

I just got this device yesterday. I can install LE (both kszaq's krypton and jarvis build) to sd card. But when tried ssh install to NAND it will fail to boot and then brick the device.

SSD command "installtointernal" was shown successfully flash to NAND. But it won't boot from NAND, instead it still boot to sd card. So I did ssh "installtointernal" a second time, this will get the device brick and can't boot from sd card anymore. I have to flash with amlogic burning tool to start all over again.

I did this twice, first time with krypton and second with jarvis, and it was all the same result,that is, the device will get brick after the second ssh install command.

Any possible solution for installing to NAND?

• Has anyone with mk808b pro (amlogic s905 stick) succeeded with installing LibreELEC to NAND?

I just got this device yesterday. I can install LE (both kszaq's krypton and jarvis build) to sd card. But when tried ssh install to NAND it will fail to boot and then brick the device.

SSD command "installtointernal" was shown successfully flash to NAND. But it won't boot from NAND, instead it still boot to sd card. So I did ssh "installtointernal" a second time, this will get the device brick and can't boot from sd card anymore. I have to flash with amlogic burning tool to start all over again.

I did this twice, first time with krypton and second with jarvis, and it was all the same result,that is, the device will get brick after the second ssh install command.

Any possible solution for installing to NAND?

Try twice.