S905 builds - general discussion

• Latest development build uploaded: 2016-09-25-devel

I may have fixed suspend in this one (for both Broadcom and Realtek WiFi). A fix was trivial yet I spend almost 3 days looking for it... :(

It looks good! Great work!
    I used suspend / wake a few times on my minimxiii and everything seemed to carry on working.
    The one oddity is that on wake I get a 'Successfully removed storage device' notification and then a few seconds later 'Mounted removable storage device' (I have a 5TB HDD attached).
    Never seen those notifications before after waking, and I routinely suspend pc's and used to use suspend on the Beelink on older builds.
    Edit: that'll teach me not to post in the middle of the night! Suspend works (with the caveat above) but the wifi is lost on waking up. I don't normally use wifi and had a brain fade last night.
    Wifi shows as working in the libreelec config settings on wake, but it isn't. Refresh doesn't help but disconnect followed by connect does. If you want logs just specify what.

Edited once, last by trogggy (September 25, 2016 at 3:14 PM).

• Latest development build uploaded: 2016-09-25-devel

I may have fixed suspend in this one (for both Broadcom and Realtek WiFi). A fix was trivial yet I spend almost 3 days looking for it... :(

Hi,
    You mean that this devel build only is about that suspend fix ?
    So unless we need that fix there's no benefit trying that one ?

Thanks for everything

• @kszaq:Suspend works, but the issue i have is with Wifi when coming back from suspend Wifi doesn't work anymore, if i gi to libreelec settings, it tells me that Wifi is connected, so i cut connection and then reconnect, after that everything is fine, didn't test with cable connection.

Device: Leelbox MXQ Pro 4k 1G/8G

Edited once, last by cHarOn (September 25, 2016 at 11:05 AM).

• @kszaq:Suspend works, but the issue i have is with Wifi when coming back from suspend Wifi doesn't work anymore, if i gi to libreelec settings, it tells me that Wifi is connected, so i cut connection and then reconnect, after that everything is fine, didn't test with cable connection.

MiniMX 0925 dev build.
    Suspend work for me too.. I set up cec to when i turn ooff tv, then make suspend to minimx. Thats work, but is any settings to turn on from suspend, when i turning on my tv?
    With own remote can i switch on from suspend, but itt better when turning on with system.

• Anyone notice freezing with 007?

When i exit a video and then click back it seems to freeze regularly. It could be the addon or possibly thermal issues.

I opened the box a while back and it seems it only started around that time, im wondering if i need to apply new thermal paste since opening the box.

• Anyone notice freezing with 007?

When i exit a video and then click back it seems to freeze regularly.

I have this issue only using the MiniMx 1gb/8gb .
    I am running LE.007 Nand.
    For some reason this box doesn't perform like my cheaper MiniM8sPro.
    Bootup is slower and GUI not as smooth. Random backing out freezes are definitely there.
    It was slower using SD Card LE previously as well.

• Anyone using any external HDs formatted to exFAT? I'm using a Mini MXIII with 007. I'm setting up this Mini MXIII for a friend who uses Mac primarily. I formatted an external HD to exFAT from within Windows (8.1) and loaded some videos. I did this so he could delete and add stuff from within OSX (OSX can only read NFTS, it can't write or delete).

When I plug the HD into the Mini MXIII it's not recognized. I formatted with allocation unit size (cluster size) at 1024 because I read what I quoted below. Anyone else experience this issue? The Mini MXIII recognizes thumb drives I plug in so I assume it's something with exFAT but I'm not sure, just looking to verify.

It's a known issue that, depending on how big the drive is, formatting exFAT in OS X uses too large of block (cluster) size that Windows doesn't like. Format the drive from within Windows with a block size no larger than 1024 and you should be able to use the drive on both platforms.

I think I can handle $0.20/mo :D

• suspend works now with devel2 so no issue, i also don't care about power usage, but i care about my father who will get the box, if he presses the red button on the remote, what he for sure will do and then press it again and it doesn't work anymore then i would get a call :), which won't happen now hehe

• I used suspend / wake a few times on my minimxiii and everything seemed to carry on working.
    The one oddity is that on wake I get a 'Successfully removed storage device' notification and then a few seconds later 'Mounted removable storage device'

Why not just Poweroff then? Do you get the same issue then?

• Why not just Poweroff then? Do you get the same issue then?

Because I want to use suspend?
    Because it's a test build and I'm reporting what happens when I test?
    Take your pick, both are applicable.

Obviously you don't see those notifications on powering up or down.

• suspend works now with devel2 so no issue, i also don't care about power usage, but i care about my father who will get the box, if he presses the red button on the remote, what he for sure will do and then press it again and it doesn't work anymore then i would get a call :), which won't happen now hehe

Haha same, i remapped the power button to show the Kodi power menu instead, so if they hit the wrong button they have a way out, once off it still powers on with the remote.

They just leave it running but its nice to have the option.

• Anyone using any external HDs formatted to exFAT? I'm using a Mini MXIII with 007. I'm setting up this Mini MXIII for a friend who uses Mac primarily. I formatted an external HD to exFAT from within Windows (8.1) and loaded some videos. I did this so he could delete and add stuff from within OSX (OSX can only read NFTS, it can't write or delete).

When I plug the HD into the Mini MXIII it's not recognized. I formatted with allocation unit size (cluster size) at 1024 because I read what I quoted below. Anyone else experience this issue? The Mini MXIII recognizes thumb drives I plug in so I assume it's something with exFAT but I'm not sure, just looking to verify.

Semi figured this out. It has nothing to do with exFAT. I was using a My Passport for Mac, and for some reason the Mini MXIII will not recongnize it under any circumstances. I've formatted it exFAT and NFTS. It just does not show up once it's plugged in. It recognizes everything else I've plugged into it. I have no idea what's different about a "My Passport for Mac" ... it's supposed to be the same as a normal Passport except originally formatted to HFS.

• Just a suggestion after coming across this thread.

Now suspend appears to be fixed would it make more sense to map the power button to XBMC.Shutdown rather than XBMC.Suspend() by default? That way it'll follow whatever's set for power in kodi settings rather than needing a new .xml to map it.
    [hr]

Edit: It's really not possible for me to make 2 separate posts on 2 separate subjects without waiting for someone to post in-between?

Semi figured this out. It has nothing to do with exFAT. I was using a My Passport for Mac, and for some reason the Mini MXIII will not recongnize it under any circumstances. I've formatted it exFAT and NFTS. It just does not show up once it's plugged in. It recognizes everything else I've plugged into it. I have no idea what's different about a "My Passport for Mac" ... it's supposed to be the same as a normal Passport except originally formatted to HFS.

Just to drop a spanner in the works...
    I have a 1TB My Passport for Mac - all I've ever done is formatted it to NTFS in windows and slung a pile of stuff on it. Just checked and it seems fine on my Minimxiii.

Edited once, last by trogggy (September 28, 2016 at 9:49 AM).