S905 builds - general discussion

• Just to inform you that rebooting a95x works .... but if you disable wifi. Reboot to nand also works with 006.

However powering off via remote turns off correctly but it is impossible to power it on without unpluginig power source.

Edited once, last by Szymon_Zy (August 29, 2016 at 6:11 AM).

• Do you think usbaudio will be updated in 007 ?
    It seems there are some sync problems and the sound gets a little distorted, particularly on voices. Gives a metallic or stlightly robotic tone, or abrupt cuts here and there.
    Happens mainly on 44.1kHz audio, not on 48kHz.
    Happens with built in dsp activated or not.
    When activated, dsp reports between 40 to 50% processing power for audio with 44.1kHz audio and only 3% with 48kHz. That's regardless of any set of audio/video setting... Meaning, no matter what I do, that processing power doesn't vary much. Regardless of audio conversion quality settings, video refresh rate, max audio rate or type (fixed, optimized etc)

Weeks ago, I was reporting it happened with analogic audio too, but I was wrong, it only happens with usbaudio.

I'm sorry I do not know what to do to get logs or better pointers to track the problem.

Device is minim8s
    Audio device is bose companion 5

Ps: thanks for all the work provided ;)

Edited once, last by Tidav7578 (August 30, 2016 at 10:09 AM).

• I would like to kindly ask for your advice on the T95m 2/8 because I have the same device... With the SD install I confirm the 006 version is not starting. 005 is fine.

What device tree are you using? Do you have any issue with the remote control? I have few keys strangelly asigned for example back key and volume up.

Did you also installed to the NAND? May I kindly ask you for a step by step how-to? Because I was very close to the point of bricking the device.

Many thanks!

• So, basically you are using the default dtb.img that is provided in the img file?

Yes and No. I tried and it failed, so I then tried 3-4 others and they also failed.

I have aslo installed TWRP, wiped the machine and tried from that recovery and those also failed.

It is a very frustrating process and slow, I have been 'modding' in one way or another for about nn (too scared to put the number ha ha) years, and know it will work, just have to keep at it and make the logical steps and then repeat to make sure.

• pivos xios ds.

I added (via learning function) the power toggle from my original (mini mxiii) remote to use as power-on.

trogggy, I have a Mini MX III, & a Logitech 300 & 650, please could you explain exactly how, I can get the Logitech with the Pivos profile to work on this box.

Thanks

• Yes and No. I tried and it failed, so I then tried 3-4 others and they also failed.

I have aslo installed TWRP, wiped the machine and tried from that recovery and those also failed.

It is a very frustrating process and slow, I have been 'modding' in one way or another for about nn (too scared to put the number ha ha) years, and know it will work, just have to keep at it and make the logical steps and then repeat to make sure.

I'm having the same problem with getting .006 to work on NAND (I have a T95 2G/8G) - can't get into recovery at all, not with toothpick, not via 'reboot recovery' in SSH - nothing works.

When i get chance I am simply going to use the Amlogic Tool to put Android back on, then I will install .006 - in the future I think it was said we can just update by putting the file in the 'update' directory, but need to get on .006 first.

• trogggy, I have a Mini MX III, & a Logitech 300 & 650, please could you explain exactly how, I can get the Logitech with the Pivos profile to work on this box.

Thanks

It's basically a case of sticking the pivos remote.conf in /storage/.config, mapping the original power toggle button from the minimxiii remote into the harmony (so you can power on) and then - if you want to - tweaking the keymaps inside kodi.
    I came across a few remote.conf's for the pivos and did a bit of messing around to find what worked - this is what I'm using at the moment, but it's still a WIP - when I've finished messing I'll post a proper how-to...The key id's are for use inside kodi if you're making a keyboard.xml file, and 'Harmony buttons' is just a reminder for me for stuff I've mapped.

The keyboard.xml I'm using at the moment (/storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps) is:

Obviously the keymap is for my needs - and it's not finished, I haven't even mapped all the buttons yet - but I'll stick it up anyway, might be some use as a starting point. I'd try just the remote.conf to begin with, then go from there.
    It should work for any box btw, the only difference would be the power toggle command from the original remote.

Edited once, last by trogggy (August 31, 2016 at 1:43 PM).

• It's basically a case of sticking the pivos remote.conf in /storage/.config, mapping the original power toggle button from the minimxiii remote into the harmony (so you can power on) and then - if you want to - tweaking the keymaps inside kodi.
    I came across a few remote.conf's for the pivos and did a bit of messing around to find what worked - this is what I'm using at the moment, but it's still a WIP - when I've finished messing I'll post a proper how-to...The key id's are for use inside kodi if you're making a keyboard.xml file, and 'Harmony buttons' is just a reminder for me for stuff I've mapped.

The keyboard.xml I'm using at the moment (/storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps) is:

Obviously the keymap is for my needs - and it's not finished, I haven't even mapped all the buttons yet - but I'll stick it up anyway, might be some use as a starting point. I'd try just the remote.conf to begin with, then go from there.
    It should work for any box btw, the only difference would be the power toggle command from the original remote.

Thanks, I'll give it a go later & let you know how I get on.

• Hello eveyone,

Thanks you verymuch for s905 support. I would like to request for little help herel

I have mini m8s and i have installed latest build from android update method. Everything works fine except ethernet.

It gets 169.X.X.X address.

Anyone can please help me fix ethernet issue and i cant boot to recovery to update new build. I only can do it via copying in .update folder which means i will need .img file for mini m8s.

Thank you again
    Sunny

• Sounds like the wrong device tree.
    That ip address is invalid. Default number when you have no ethernet.
    It should start with 196.
    Check that you havent used the wrong device tree. Replace with the right one.

• Sounds like the wrong device tree.
    That ip address is invalid. Default number when you have no ethernet.
    It should start with 196.
    Check that you havent used the wrong device tree. Replace with the right one.

Thanks for prompt reply. Can you please guide me how to replace the right device tree?