S905 builds - general discussion

• For me one of the key improvements is smooth playback start without 5-10 seconds missing bug. I did not found any new bug to bother me so I prefer the latest 006 build.

Sent from mTalk

Really? That is a good one, but those points scare me a lot:

• Temperature reading not available.
    • 4K output doesn't work properly due to patches that fix resolution switching. To troubleshoot this, I ask 4K TV owners to paste output of
      Code
      cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap

command. Please don't paste this for 1080p TVs.

• Jerky playback of some 29.97fps videos and some Live TV channels (Amlogic HW decoder bug).
    • CEC might not work when your box has incomplatible u-boot or your TV is not that well supported by Amlogic low-level CEC driver.
    • Multichannel PCM audio doesn't work.
    • Lots of other things that I did not notice.

And a simple update from 005 is not possible, too, as I read.

• My Android TV box is a Nexbox A95X S905X 2GB/8GB. Downloaded .006 and installed without any issues and most everything is working. I tried using Logitech K400R and system will not recognize the unifying usb adapter when plugged in. I have done the usual commands (dmesg, lsub and lsmod) trying to find the issue.

Could someone point me to either steps/wiki to get system to recognize the usb adapter?

• Really? That is a good one, but those points scare me a lot:

• Temperature reading not available.
    • 4K output doesn't work properly due to patches that fix resolution switching. To troubleshoot this, I ask 4K TV owners to paste output of
      Code
      cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap

command. Please don't paste this for 1080p TVs.

• Jerky playback of some 29.97fps videos and some Live TV channels (Amlogic HW decoder bug).
    • CEC might not work when your box has incomplatible u-boot or your TV is not that well supported by Amlogic low-level CEC driver.
    • Multichannel PCM audio doesn't work.
    • Lots of other things that I did not notice.

And a simple update from 005 is not possible, too, as I read.

Most of those are existing issues found in 005, so don't see a reason to stay on 005. Frankly playback is much better on 006 for some of my files. I don't own a 4K tv so it makes no difference and not to worried about temp reading.

• My Android TV box is a Nexbox A95X S905X 2GB/8GB. Downloaded .006 and installed without any issues and most everything is working. I tried using Logitech K400R and system will not recognize the unifying usb adapter when plugged in. I have done the usual commands (dmesg, lsub and lsmod) trying to find the issue.

Could someone point me to either steps/wiki to get system to recognize the usb adapter?

Hi, John

Is your box really S905X verion?

If yes and you can install LE on it, please advise how you do that. I tried .006 on my Nexbox A95X (S905X 2gb/16gb) but always got error. As far as I know there is no one succeed installing this on S905X yet. I wish you prove me wrong.

• My box is an MX Plus, which (I believe) is not in the device trees list. Does that mean I'm out of luck and have to stay with version 005 (which works fine btw) or can I safely try device trees of other boxes to see if there's one that works?

• Most of those are existing issues found in 005, so don't see a reason to stay on 005. Frankly playback is much better on 006 for some of my files. I don't own a 4K tv so it makes no difference and not to worried about temp reading.

Thanks, I did not know this. Well, I did the update successfully now.

• Next question, what is the deinterlacing quality like on the S905 for LiveTV?

Is there a higher quality deinterlacer available to use?

I am using it with interlaced dvb-s SD and dvb-s2 HD streams, quality of the deinterlacer is quite high and with HD better than the nvidia ion one.

You can select other algorithms if you switch to software decode, but then you are limited by the cpu.

• Have you manage to do something with this issue?
    I have the same thing on my MXQ Pro Quick Play with 7.0.2.005 build installed on NAND.
    I can't even use KODI in 1080p@50. Only 720p@50. Switching to 1080p makes screen look like from your photo and I have to wait until system restores previous one.
    If I choose video that is in 1080p then it plays in background and there's nothing I can do - no button on remote is working and only thing that can be done is to unplug DC cable. 720p videos works fine.

Hi yes

i fixed it using the tip from member of the forum that posted below.
    [hr]
    Hi guys

is the Reboot function fixed on latest build 7.0.2.6 for the S905?

i am running previous version and the reboot function still not working it crash the STB and not reboot i have to unplug power cable off and on to turn back again.

is this fixed on latest version?

i will try to update tonight and test also

Edited once, last by tester100 (August 25, 2016 at 5:24 PM).

• Hoping i havnt missed a post i did have a good search but im using the OTT TV BOX MXQ PRO S905 20160524 v1.2 amlogic with latest build 7.0.2.6

installation went fine and everything works as i would expect. (installed to NAND)

The only issue seems to be memory management if you give the box a hard time it slows to a crawl has anyone else expereinced this.

the Reboot function fixed on latest build 7.0.2.6 for the S905? ( for the post above i can confirm reboot is working for me.)

is the memory issue apparent in LibreElec 7.0.2.4 and if not is it easy enough to downgrade for a bit

Many thanks for your time and to all those involved your work is greatly appreciated